Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Solved] Translating the client

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
To translate the texts in th that show up ingame (Like when you execute a gm command, when you create a room, or the one at 'Everyone' box) in the normal updated Th client do i have to edit the .pak files or the ProjectG?

If it's the .pak files that need to be edited, which files would i need to change? (Like, in which folder i can find them?)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Translating the client

Some parts are in the desc.iff file, some in the UI folder in paks and some in Thailand.dat which contain a lot of User Interface texts

Last edited:
Deny everything.
Reaction score

All normal texts (like the messages you see during login or the aforementioned GM commands) are part of the thailand.dat.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

K, i'll test those, thank you for the info :)

Edit: Ew, that's so complicated, lol ._.

Is there any Thailand.dat partially translated here on the forum?

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Dude, there is a release topic where you can find translations. I guess this is it!

http://forum.ragezone.com/f513/2011-02-06-release-archive-713711/
English string-tables on Multiupload by hvdaedalus

Not sure but give a try

Next time search before asking. We won't give you all the asnwers and you don't put an effort in it

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I think credits goes to Tsukasa

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Well, thank you still, i'd never reach that file without your help, (unless i started to dig all threads) ._.

Any mod can close that as my problem was solved, thanks :)

Deny everything.
Reaction score
The ProjectG.exe Support only English and Thailand

Actually you can use whatever language floats your boat.
You either have to edit the thailand.dat yourself or copy it from another client (if you do that, also copy the korea.dat).

You can also change the fonts to allow other charsets to be displayed (I'm using Arial from the US version to have the German Umlauts). Please note that changing the font may have some unfavorable effects if you still use the TH desc.iff :laugh: .

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello !Tsuksa
I use UltraEdit changed the thailand.dat to Chinese

But when tip garbled landing game
Sorry, my English is poor

我用Ultraedit(一个二进制修改工具)改变了一下 thailand.dat 这个文件里的 Welcome to pangya 这几个文字(就是在输入帐号密码时候下面的提示)
但是我重新登陆游戏时候,发现这几个字是改变了,但是不是中文,而是类似泰文的一些乱码。所以我觉得应该是ProjectG.exe不支持中文的原因。

谁英语好的给翻译一下,^_^!

Deny everything.
Reaction score
As far as I remember Diovannel2 said that there was a Chinese Pangya client that ended at season 2 but that the Chinese fonts included in that client work fine on newer versions.

You might want to check that out since it sounds like an encoding problem caused by the fonts used.

Simply replace/add the .wft files from .\2d\font\, change the reference in the ProjectG.exe and try again.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks a lot! I try now!

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Failure!
I test it by Taiwan client season 3,and replace/add the *.wft/taiwan.dat files !

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Failure!
I test it by Taiwan client season 3,and replace/add the *.wft/taiwan.dat files !

Deny everything.
Reaction score
a22345875, if you do not provide informations about what exactly you changed and what errors you get when running the game, it's impossible to help you.

Here's how I'd proceed (just for reference):
- Grab the thailand.dat and korea.dat from the English string-tables.
- Unpack the Chinese/Taiwanese fonts from the old client.
- Rename the fonts to something like tai01.wft, tai02.wft... whatever, make sure the name is short.
- Repack the latest PAK file; create a .\2d\font folder in it, copy the renamed fonts into it so it'll be part of the PAK.
- Edit your ProjectG.exe, search for the string ".wft" and replace the occurences you find with the filenames you specified, fill up excess bytes with 0x00.
- Edit the English thailand.dat, search for a string you can quickly check (i.e. the Welcome message on login) and modify it to contain some Chinese characters.
- Start the game and see what's being displayed.

If that doesn't work, it probably isn't meant to be.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I sure have do it that you said。
although the font have changed,but Still is not Chinese

thank you!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You need the right Font :) You put into the dat file a chinese string which are characters not available to projectg.exe (due to not including the right font, you should replace the thailand wft font with the chinese one).

Reaction score
a22345875, Send me the files to the Chinese Client, I might be able to make them work.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

a2234, I found a private server thats Chinese, theres a client. "魔法飞球私服,魔法飞球4私服,一起玩魔法飞球-py.17wgame.net".

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Okay, it turned out it didn't work, try to send them though.

EDIT:The server is called 一起玩魔法飞球, which means Lets Play Pangya in English.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'd also be interested in getting my hands on the fonts, would be great if you could upload them :)

Since you started talking about fonts, do you have any good fonts that works with Th client to share?

I've tried US ones but all of them gave at least 1 bug to my game, i had to stay with the normal one that comes with Th client (even tho i didn't rly like it).

Deny everything.
Reaction score
The bug you mention is caused by the fact that you probably use the TH desc.iff (which means using items ingame will crash you back to the desktop). It's caused by characters that cannot be displayed correctly.

If you clean up the desc.iff file or use the one from the US client you should be okay. I'm using Arial and Verdana from the US client and they work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back