Something something (Showcase)

Buying full client source code for Tantra 4.2 / 5.1 / 6.9. Hit me up if you have it!
master_unknown - Something something (Showcase) - RaGEZONE Forums
 
NO, 100% they copied Kathana. Even the Autohunt.
Thats what not creative people do, just copy everything.
Always living in the shadows, no improvement, no new ideas.
 
Last edited:
oh I see, I thought they hired you master_unknown as a dev to put those features. I didnt know they just copied it. Dang

im just curious how they manage to copy its features like exactly to kathana? did they unpacked its launcher just to sniff some dll hooks or custom codes?
 
Last edited:
Well, copying server features is nothing new. Even major MMORPGs have adopted features and content from other games just to show that they can implement similar systems and functionality.
ah yes, I agree. But to some degree.
Example, you have designed something but eventually you found out someone already did it in a better way. So do that instead.
Hence the saying, "Every new mmorpg is a wow clone.".
 
ah yes, I agree. But to some degree.
Example, you have designed something but eventually you found out someone already did it in a better way. So do that instead.
Hence the saying, "Every new mmorpg is a wow clone.".
Exactly, and the same principle applies to Tantra Online. If someone develops a better implementation of an existing feature, there's nothing wrong with studying that approach and improving your own. That's how software development evolves. The important distinction is between adopting a concept and copying someone else's actual work. Not every similar feature is copied code, and not every improvement has to be an entirely new invention.
 
ah yes, I agree. But to some degree.
Example, you have designed something but eventually you found out someone already did it in a better way. So do that instead.
Hence the saying, "Every new mmorpg is a wow clone.".
I agree to some degree, but I think there’s an important distinction here.


If you’re calling something a “clone,” then shouldn’t the same question apply to your own server files? Are they actually original, or do you have a valid license from Handbitsoft to use them?


Studying how an existing system works and then developing your own implementation based on that understanding isn’t necessarily the same as cloning the original files or code. The result may work in a similar way, but that doesn’t mean it contains the same source code or files.


So please stop throwing around the word “clone” as if studying an existing system automatically means copying its files. There’s a difference between reverse-engineering/learning how something works and directly copying someone else’s code.
 
oh I see, I thought they hired you master_unknown as a dev to put those features. I didnt know they just copied it. Dang

im just curious how they manage to copy its features like exactly to kathana? did they unpacked its launcher just to sniff some dll hooks or custom codes?
Let’s say they have the same source code as Kathana. :)
Fixing and modifying source code is much easier nowadays if you understand how the system works, especially with AI tools assisting in debugging, troubleshooting, and development. Having the same source code doesn't necessarily mean achieving the same results. It still comes down to how well you understand, maintain, and improve it.
 
oh I see, I thought they hired you master_unknown as a dev to put those features. I didnt know they just copied it. Dang

im just curious how they manage to copy its features like exactly to kathana? did they unpacked its launcher just to sniff some dll hooks or custom codes?
Curious?? If you have strong programming skills and enough experience, you can analyze how certain systems behave, study the files and data structures involved, and figure out how different features are implemented or reproduced. With enough knowledge, patience, and problem-solving ability, you can build and configure similar systems from what you learn.

Basically, it’s a combination of programming knowledge, research, reverse engineering, testing, and a lot of trial and error. It takes time to understand what’s inside a file or how a particular system works, especially when the original source code isn't available.
 
Back