• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Soo today~~

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have a nissan 350z thats v. well looked after, I have absoloutely no intention of modding it. It just seems to me that most people's money would be better served buying an entirely new car. Granted fairly minor stuff such as painting bits is not a major undertaking.

Reaction score
I have a nissan 350z thats v. well looked after, I have absoloutely no intention of modding it. It just seems to me that most people's money would be better served buying an entirely new car. Granted fairly minor stuff such as painting bits is not a major undertaking.

Depends, what's your definition of "modding"?

I replaced the entire suspension system on my 300ZX, and i wouldn't call that modding even though that was over $2,000 invested. There was a massive difference over the stock suspension, which i can't stand now knowing the difference. Exhaust was replaced, driveshaft was replaced, gearbox was replaced, still none of that i would call "modding" because they were done out of necessity.

To me "modding" implies a modification of the actual engine components, ie forged pistons and massive turbos/superchargers. Alternatively, putting ridiculous upgrades on a car that doesn't need them would also be "modding".

Fell In Love Without You
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It came like that :p
I want to lower it though and I probably will soon. Like an inch or so.

I'm going to add audi lights on it soon, then gonna save up for a turbocharger - which is gonna cost me around $1000.

Painted my rims and calipers cause its cheaper than buying them :)
Only costed me like maybe 20$ for everything - including sandpaper, paint, and prep wipe.

Do you also live your life a quarter mile at a time?

Reaction score
Never got into cars at all till I moved to cali, now I'm looking into getting a Subaru STI

Roomates 370z(it's kinda low)
ihatehaxor - Soo today~~ - RaGEZONE Forums

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have personally put over $5000 into my truck, as well as having done 100% of all the labor to do the work I do. Part of this includes engine modifications, as well as suspension/exhaust/wheels/tires.

When you lift a truck and suddenyl get into the 33-35" tire range, expect to pay over $300 per tire. After having dumped about 1600 into my wheel and tire setup, and an extra 400 for a matching full size spare - it definitely eats into your budget.

The difference is, I actually take my truck out and use it like a beast. Just last weekend I was out strapping 50 feet of snatch straps and tugging trees off a fencing system so I could repair it.

I lead a busy life, and my work has needs of a good truck. Plus, when I get 2+ feet of snow, I woudl rather not be forced to shovel the driveway in and out several times a day. Would MUCH rather just plow through it in 4x and continue on my merry way! :)

This picture is abot 2 years old.. and have since made custom HID projector headlights. Plus, this was all cleaned and spiffied up for a truck meet we had. 30+ people attended, had a blast!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have personally put over $5000 into my truck, as well as having done 100% of all the labor to do the work I do. Part of this includes engine modifications, as well as suspension/exhaust/wheels/tires.

When you lift a truck and suddenyl get into the 33-35" tire range, expect to pay over $300 per tire. After having dumped about 1600 into my wheel and tire setup, and an extra 400 for a matching full size spare - it definitely eats into your budget.

The difference is, I actually take my truck out and use it like a beast. Just last weekend I was out strapping 50 feet of snatch straps and tugging trees off a fencing system so I could repair it.

I lead a busy life, and my work has needs of a good truck. Plus, when I get 2+ feet of snow, I woudl rather not be forced to shovel the driveway in and out several times a day. Would MUCH rather just plow through it in 4x and continue on my merry way! :)

This picture is abot 2 years old.. and have since made custom HID projector headlights. Plus, this was all cleaned and spiffied up for a truck meet we had. 30+ people attended, had a blast!

Your truck looks really nice haha. But I'm not really into driving trucks ^_^ too big for me lol.

And I have projector headlights so it doesn't go all over the place. Plus it looks brighter in picture. In real life it isn't that blue >.<

Back