Starting up a Flyff Server

Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
Dec 4, 2015
Messages
51
Reaction score
2
I'll start off by saying that if someone is able to help me like a 1 on 1 and talk me thought what I want I don't mind spending the money that they earned helping me out. This is the way I learn, talking with someone and asking questions helps me retain a lot more of the information and understand it better. (:

Hello Rage Zone, I have visited here many times and was able to get my own server up successfully a year or two ago and now I'm coming back to get back into the swing of things. By successfully I mean I was able to start up my own server and I was the only one to play on a bland server haha, but now I want to take this one step further and actually try and customize some things!

Let me add in, I'm not simply looking for releases or drag and drop files, but rather I'm looking for someone to explain and show me how to edit files or even edit the releases here from Rage Zone. I believe in order to full be able to start up a server I have to understand my self what exactly is going on rather than just dragging, dropping, then hoping **** does not go wrong.


For anyone that is willing to proceed that should know the following:
A) I'm eager to learn and may ask a lot of questions.
B) I do not plan on trying to make this a pay to win server or totally sell out, but rather is for the experience.
C) I have a base knowledge how to set up a vanilla server, but I'm sure some of that has changed from when I created mine, so I may have to re-watch some videos and reread at some points.
D) I'm not looking for totally custom out of the world things, but rather a server thats simple and enjoyable, just how Flyff was.

Now some questions I should probably ask:
A) How hard is it to attract players to my server? Other that posting on all of the flyff private server websites, how does one populate their server?
B) I know running a server is expensive, where is a good place to buy a Dedi or a VPS? If so, what are some good specs for hosting a server?
C) How often am I going to have to worry about hackers? How hard are they to block?
D) Since my idea of a perfect Flyff server is really just going back to the basics, do players favor having more custom items over the experience or do they want to have super custom mega damage for everything?


I really apologize for having such a nit picket post, I'm just trying to get all of the information I can possible get before I just dive in here.

My contact information:
Email: [email protected]
Skype: titaniumsquirrelzs

I'll be checking the forum post daily also, so posting here will work.

Happy Flyffing.
 
Back