Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Stat Reset and Clean 1st Job NPCs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
First off take out the NPC ID# for the job instructors in the NPCScript file. Now everything should be correct after that. If you don't mind can you check what is wrong with this message:

1>------ Build started: Project: MapleStoryServer, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>1st Job.cpp
1>c:\documents and settings\adiel\desktop\maplestoryserver\maplestory server\npcs\1st job.cpp(1) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'NPCs.h': No such file or directory
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Adiel\Desktop\MapleStoryServer\MapleStory Server\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>MapleStoryServer - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 2 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Thanks in advance.

I don't mean to be obvious, but there's no NPCs.h in your folder.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't post details but yeah there is an NPCs.h in my folder. Which is odd.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lOlz... this is exactly what I did (except what the NPC asks and responds with.) Great Job =)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Chiasoft, can you upload your NPCscript.h? I'm getting errors whenever I compile.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you very much for this, it works perfectly & saves me time.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
In the future, when you make new .CPP's and .H's, you need to configure them to be loaded when you Re-build.
In this case, open go to the folder with all the .CPP's, and find the MapleStoryServer VC++ Project file [Icon has two yellow plus signs and papers] and open it with notepad.
CTRL+F for MapleIsland.CPP and underneath that entry add

Code:
				<File
					RelativePath=".\Henesys.cpp"
					>
				</File>
				<File
					RelativePath=".\1stJob.cpp"
					>
				</File>

Yep....

Or you can just have mine.

It goes in with your other .CPP files.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hmmm im not sure about other job advancement npcs

but when i go to grendel the really old, it prints out "You have" then it disconnects from the server and the dialog is still there....

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Final error im having,

Compiling...
1stJob.cpp
c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '.\1stJob.cpp': No such file or directory
Build log was saved at "file://c:\MS NightmareZ\MapleStoryServer\MapleStoryServer\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
MapleStoryServer - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I have configured them to be loaded with

<File
RelativePath=".\Henesys.cpp"
>
</File>
<File
RelativePath=".\1stJob.cpp"
>
</File>

Please point me in the right direction.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
------ Build started: Project: MapleStoryServer, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Compiling...
MapleIsland.cpp
Generating Code...
Skipping... (no relevant changes detected)
NPCs.cpp
GameMasters.cpp
Linking...
NPCs.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static void __cdecl NPCsScripts::npc_9201001(class NPC *)" (?npc_9201001@NPCsScripts@@CAXPAVNPC@@@Z) referenced in function "public: static void __cdecl NPCsScripts::handle(int,class NPC *)" (?handle@NPCsScripts@@SAXHPAVNPC@@@Z)
NPCs.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static void __cdecl NPCsScripts::npc_1052001(class NPC *)" (?npc_1052001@NPCsScripts@@CAXPAVNPC@@@Z) referenced in function "public: static void __cdecl NPCsScripts::handle(int,class NPC *)" (?handle@NPCsScripts@@SAXHPAVNPC@@@Z)
NPCs.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static void __cdecl NPCsScripts::npc_1022000(class NPC *)" (?npc_1022000@NPCsScripts@@CAXPAVNPC@@@Z) referenced in function "public: static void __cdecl NPCsScripts::handle(int,class NPC *)" (?handle@NPCsScripts@@SAXHPAVNPC@@@Z)
NPCs.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static void __cdecl NPCsScripts::npc_1032001(class NPC *)" (?npc_1032001@NPCsScripts@@CAXPAVNPC@@@Z) referenced in function "public: static void __cdecl NPCsScripts::handle(int,class NPC *)" (?handle@NPCsScripts@@SAXHPAVNPC@@@Z)
NPCs.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static void __cdecl NPCsScripts::npc_1012100(class NPC *)" (?npc_1012100@NPCsScripts@@CAXPAVNPC@@@Z) referenced in function "public: static void __cdecl NPCsScripts::handle(int,class NPC *)" (?handle@NPCsScripts@@SAXHPAVNPC@@@Z)
C:\Documents and Settings\Ryan\My Documents\MapleStoryServer\Debug\MapleStoryServer.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Ryan\My Documents\MapleStoryServer\MapleStoryServer\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
MapleStoryServer - 6 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Whenever you put a new cpp in your folder, open it in C++ and then go to File -> Move [name].cpp to and click

Added a download link!

Yes Grendel had a problem and someone pointed it out today. The problem is it says

npc->sendYesNo()
npc->sendOK()

delete the npc->sendOK()

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just hit File -> New -> File

You only get to name it once you save or when you do File -> Move Source.cpp to MapleStoryServer...

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Lol, it didnt work...

Code:
3>Inventory.cpp
3>Levels.cpp
3>Maps.cpp
3>Mobs.cpp
3>NPCs.cpp
3>c:\documents and settings\rostam\desktop\maple story private server\titanmsrev005\maplestoryserver\maplestoryserver\npcs.cpp(271) : error C2039: 'setDEX' : is not a member of 'NPC'
3>        c:\documents and settings\rostam\desktop\maple story private server\titanmsrev005\maplestoryserver\maplestoryserver\npcs.h(41) : see declaration of 'NPC'
3>c:\documents and settings\rostam\desktop\maple story private server\titanmsrev005\maplestoryserver\maplestoryserver\npcs.cpp(273) : error C2065: 'player' : undeclared identifier
3>c:\documents and settings\rostam\desktop\maple story private server\titanmsrev005\maplestoryserver\maplestoryserver\npcs.cpp(273) : error C2227: left of '->setDex' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
3>        type is ''unknown-type''
3>c:\documents and settings\rostam\desktop\maple story private server\titanmsrev005\maplestoryserver\maplestoryserver\npcs.cpp(276) : error C2039: 'setLUK' : is not a member of 'NPC'
3>        c:\documents and settings\rostam\desktop\maple story private server\titanmsrev005\maplestoryserver\maplestoryserver\npcs.h(41) : see declaration of 'NPC'
3>c:\documents and settings\rostam\desktop\maple story private server\titanmsrev005\maplestoryserver\maplestoryserver\npcs.cpp(278) : error C2065: 'player' : undeclared identifier
3>c:\documents and settings\rostam\desktop\maple story private server\titanmsrev005\maplestoryserver\maplestoryserver\npcs.cpp(278) : error C2227: left of '->setLuk' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
3>c:\documents and settings\rostam\desktop\maple story private server\titanmsrev005\maplestoryserver\maplestoryserver\npcs.cpp(281) : error C2039: 'setSTR' : is not a member of 'NPC'
3>c:\documents and settings\rostam\desktop\maple story private server\titanmsrev005\maplestoryserver\maplestoryserver\npcs.cpp(283) : error C2065: 'player' : undeclared identifier
3>c:\documents and settings\rostam\desktop\maple story private server\titanmsrev005\maplestoryserver\maplestoryserver\npcs.cpp(283) : error C2227: left of '->setStr' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
3>c:\documents and settings\rostam\desktop\maple story private server\titanmsrev005\maplestoryserver\maplestoryserver\npcs.cpp(286) : error C2039: 'setINT' : is not a member of 'NPC'
3>c:\documents and settings\rostam\desktop\maple story private server\titanmsrev005\maplestoryserver\maplestoryserver\npcs.cpp(288) : error C2065: 'player' : undeclared identifier
3>c:\documents and settings\rostam\desktop\maple story private server\titanmsrev005\maplestoryserver\maplestoryserver\npcs.cpp(288) : error C2227: left of '->setInt' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
3>c:\documents and settings\rostam\desktop\maple story private server\titanmsrev005\maplestoryserver\maplestoryserver\npcs.cpp(291) : error C2039: 'setAP' : is not a member of 'NPC'
3>c:\documents and settings\rostam\desktop\maple story private server\titanmsrev005\maplestoryserver\maplestoryserver\npcs.cpp(293) : error C2065: 'player' : undeclared identifier
3>c:\documents and settings\rostam\desktop\maple story private server\titanmsrev005\maplestoryserver\maplestoryserver\npcs.cpp(293) : error C2227: left of '->setAp' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
3>c:\documents and settings\rostam\desktop\maple story private server\titanmsrev005\maplestoryserver\maplestoryserver\npcs.cpp(296) : error C2039: 'setSP' : is not a member of 'NPC'
3>c:\documents and settings\rostam\desktop\maple story private server\titanmsrev005\maplestoryserver\maplestoryserver\npcs.cpp(298) : error C2065: 'player' : undeclared identifier
3>c:\documents and settings\rostam\desktop\maple story private server\titanmsrev005\maplestoryserver\maplestoryserver\npcs.cpp(298) : error C2227: left of '->setSp' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
3>Player.cpp
3>PlayerInventory.cpp
3>Players.cpp

Any solutions maybe? Thanks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You have to put
Code:
	void setLUK(short luk);
	void setINT(short Int);
	void setDEX(short dex);
	void setSTR(short str);
	void setAP(short ap);
	void setSP(short sp);
in NPCs.h

(try to put it under void sendStyle(int styles[], char size);)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Has anyone actually got this working yet? Has anyone got ANY jobs working yet?

Every single way i try and the ways other people have tried, i can never click on the dam job advancement NPC.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You have to put
Code:
    void setLUK(short luk);
    void setINT(short Int);
    void setDEX(short dex);
    void setSTR(short str);
    void setAP(short ap);
    void setSP(short sp);
in NPCs.h

(try to put it under void sendStyle(int styles[], char size);)

Yeh thanks, It worked now. I thought you can do also 2nd job but I didnt read the title lolz :p

Thanks again.

~Buzz

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can't get 2nd job to work with the 1st Job NPCs so I might just have to do it in a new NPC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back