TalesRunner Server Emulator 2026 - R186632 Support

Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
Feb 23, 2022
Messages
77
Reaction score
79
This is the TalesRunner Server Emulator 2026, based on the 2021 server source that I shared previously.

I have been working on updating the server to make it compatible with TalesRunner R186632. There are still many bugs and incomplete functions that need to be fixed, but at this point I have fixed enough of the server for the game to run and for many of the main functions to work.

I'm sharing the current source in the hope that someone else might be interested in helping debug, fix, improve, and share their changes with the community.

How to Debug​

Enable protocol debugging in settings.ini:

ProtocolDebug=true

Then run the game, test the function you want to debug, and check the generated logs for Overpop, Remain, or other protocol errors.

You can use TRLogDecrypt to inspect the logs:



This method is mainly useful for functions that already exist in the server but are broken or incompatible with the newer client. If the function does not exist in the server at all, it will need to be implemented first instead of only fixing the protocol.

Functions Currently Fixed / Working​

Some examples of functions that have already been fixed or partially fixed include:
  • Login
  • Password authentication
  • Character selection
  • In-game nickname
  • Shop
  • MyRoom
  • Costume apply
  • Status reset
  • Latest Thai items and boxes
  • Item Collection
  • Shu
  • Farm
  • Park
  • Create room
  • Single Player
  • And more
Please note that some of these functions may not be fully fixed or fully tested yet. They may still contain bugs, incomplete behavior, or protocol issues that need additional debugging.

This is still a work in progress, so contributions, fixes, testing, and shared improvements are welcome.


1 - TalesRunner Server Emulator 2026 - R186632 Support - RaGEZONE Forums

2 - TalesRunner Server Emulator 2026 - R186632 Support - RaGEZONE Forums

3 - TalesRunner Server Emulator 2026 - R186632 Support - RaGEZONE Forums

4 - TalesRunner Server Emulator 2026 - R186632 Support - RaGEZONE Forums

6 - TalesRunner Server Emulator 2026 - R186632 Support - RaGEZONE Forums


TalesRunner Server Emulator 2026 - Installation Tutorial​

Before running the server, you need to prepare the database and install the required runtime components.

1. Install MariaDB​

For the database server, I am using MariaDB 10.4.28.
You can download it here:

Install MariaDB normally and make sure the database service is running.

2. Install Navicat​

For easier database management, I recommend using Navicat.
After installing Navicat:
  1. Create a new MariaDB/MySQL connection.
  2. Connect to your local MariaDB server.
  3. Make sure the connection works before continuing.

3. Create the Databases​

Before restoring the server databases, run:
make db.sql
1.make_d - TalesRunner Server Emulator 2026 - R186632 Support - RaGEZONE Forums

This script will create the required databases for the server, including:
  • Game Database
  • Log Database
After the databases have been created, restore the provided database files into the corresponding databases.

4. Important Navicat Restore Setting​

When restoring or executing the SQL files in Navicat, make sure to untick:
Run multiple queries in each execution
2.restore_d - TalesRunner Server Emulator 2026 - R186632 Support - RaGEZONE Forums

This is important because leaving this option enabled may cause problems when importing the database scripts.
After both the Game Database and Log Database have been restored successfully, the database setup is complete.

5. Install Visual C++ Redistributable​

Before running the server, you may also need to install the required Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable runtimes.
I normally use the Visual C++ Redistributable All-in-One package from TechPowerUp:

Install the required runtimes and restart Windows if necessary.

6. Ready to Run​

At this point, you should have:
  • MariaDB installed and running
  • Navicat connected to MariaDB
  • Game Database created and restored
  • Log Database created and restored
  • Required Visual C++ Redistributable runtimes installed
After completing these steps, the basic environment should be ready and you can start configuring and running the TalesRunner server.
 
I use mssql, while you use mysql
The 2021 server that I used as the base was built with MySQL, so that’s why I’m still using MySQL. It should be possible to modify the server files to use MSSQL instead, but I haven’t done that yet.
 
Thank you for sharing. First, I need to find a way to remove Xigncode3; if you have a link to download the compatible client, please let me know. I am truly sorry for the inconvenience.
 
I am truly sorry to trouble you while you are busy. If you happen to know how to debug the tool hosted at , I would greatly appreciate it if you could teach me; I would like to use it for study purposes.

Please explain in detail how to download this.
 
I am truly sorry to trouble you while you are busy. If you happen to know how to debug the tool hosted at , I would greatly appreciate it if you could teach me; I would like to use it for study purposes.


Please explain in detail how to download this.
All the tools are ready to use. Which one do you need to debug?

For the client files, you can check the full file list here:


Then you can download the files individually. For example:


Alternatively, you can download the full client here:


After downloading it, just run TalesRunner.exe to update the client.
 
All the tools are ready to use. Which one do you need to debug?

For the client files, you can check the full file list here:


Then you can download the files individually. For example:


Alternatively, you can download the full client here:


After downloading it, just run TalesRunner.exe to update the client.

1. TRLogDecrypt
TalesRunner Log Decryptor

2. GUITool
TalesRunner GUI and map editor

3. TRPkgTools
TalesRunner PKG Tools

4. TRKeyExtractor
TalesRunner Key Extractor

5. TRDBKey
TalesRunner dbsetting.ini decrkoki <<--

There are a total of five tools required for debugging.
 
1. TRLogDecrypt
TalesRunner Log Decryptor

2. GUITool
TalesRunner GUI and map editor

3. TRPkgTools
TalesRunner PKG Tools

4. TRKeyExtractor
TalesRunner Key Extractor

5. TRDBKey
TalesRunner dbsetting.ini decrkoki <<--

There are a total of five tools required for debugging.
All of those tools are ready to use.

he shared the dump version which removed the xigncode and encyption, but its for KR client
It’s an unpacked version. Does it have XIGNCODE removed? Also, this one is for the Thai version, in case anyone needs it.
 
All of those tools are ready to use.


It’s an unpacked version. Does it have XIGNCODE removed? Also, this one is for the Thai version, in case anyone needs it.
It still has XIGNCODE3 inside, but I can disable it because it's decrpyted. Can you share how you unpack the client?
 
It still has XIGNCODE3 inside, but I can disable it because it's decrpyted. Can you share how you unpack the client?
Can you tell me how you managed to disable it? Also, I’ve built a tool for unpacking trgame, and I’ll be releasing it soon.
 
Back