TASKS.DATA -- Team member requirements

Reaction score
So now that I figured out my problem with re-enabling requiring a squad for TT in squad mode, I would like to change this thread into an inquiry about what exactly are the 'conditions' or 'variables' for all team member settings/fields in tasks.data, for example: so one could create their own quest from scratch with team member requirements.

---- Original post below ----

So in working toward my goal to 'mimick' 'official' PW as relatively closely as possible I went to re-enable team member requirements (i'm using PWD) and I am apparently doing something wrong because my new tasks.data will not work with the server.

I was wondering if anyone had the specific information for the team member requirements section of the TT quests (that were removed) for squad mode so I could re-enable this :\

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

First time I tried, I just 'did it'

when that didn't work I tried using the same info for team member requirements from my old archive of (when I had and used) the MY version. That doesn't work as well :\

Last edited:
Just Eistiger.
Reaction score
Re: TT -- squad mode

Hey

Why not graping an old tasks.data (maybe 1.3.6 or 1.3.1) and compare with urs? Just check for the Quests and u see the difference For example i never deleted my team member requirements So if u having problems tell me and i upload my tasks.data

Reaction score

that's what I did from my old 'MY' version.

I am not entirely a novice when it comes to editing tasks.data, so that's what has me pretty stumped.

I went to the proper quests (there's at least 9) and added:

Min level | Max level | ? | ? | ? | min# | max# | Quest
0 0 0 -1 0 3 5 9089

even tried

Min level | Max level | ? | ? | ? | min# | max# | Quest
1 150 0 -1 0 3 5 9089

I tried leaving the "team members unknown" alone (null) and I even tried copy/paste from my old 'MY' version :\

this is what has me pretty lost ...

Just Eistiger.
Reaction score

For example:

ID 9056

Team Members on Errands Tab:

1 150 0 -1 0 3 5 9089

Team members Requirements in DEV Section

Code:
00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-01-01-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-01-00-00-61-45-00-00-00-00-00

Reactions: 343
Reaction score

to be specific, I modified the following quests:

and even tried putting the team member requirements on: (like it was in 'MY' version)[and tried without it on these]

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

bingo, I think we have my problem located! Excuse my bad memory, I totally forgot there was a 'team members' secion in the "DEV" tab too

//facepalm

I will test with this, and post up when done modifying and testing.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

yep this solved it, thanks for reminding me about that field in the DEV tab!

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Now... my question is, What are the 'variables' or 'conditions' for:

Team members unknown -- within "ERRANDS" tab, and
Team member requirements -- within "DEV" tab

for example if I was creating my own quest from scratch and wanted to include team requirements ???

Last edited:
Reaction score
No I pulled a 'copy/paste' from my old (archived/stored) 'MY' version of private server that I first started working with. The squad requirement was never removed on that one, so I merely opened it and copy pasted all the info over from old to new (PWD) to reactivate the squad requirement.

Which if I remember right I did go through each and every one just in case any were different, but if I do remember right (at least for the TT quests) the 'Team member' section in the DEV tab were all the same. [So anyone else looking to do this can just grab {'copy'} the team member section from dev tab from quest 9047 and just paste it to all applicable quests]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry about necroing an older thread, but I really didn't feel it was needed to start a new thread since what's needed is covered here....

My questions are these:
1.If in the dev section, they are all set to 0's, will the errands squad settings still be applicable?

2.Anyone know how to decode the dev section numbers? What I mean is, what set of numbers represent the amount needed in the squad?

3. Basically what I am trying to accomplish is not to have the squad of 6 needed for VoR, and change it, to perhaps, a squad of 4 or less. If I set the numbers in the dev section to all 0's and then set the errands section to say, a squad of 2 lvl 80's +, will that accomplish my goal?

Again, sorry for the necro, but this seems to be the only thread that is covering the topic, and instead of starting a new thread and cluttering up the forum will a redundant line of thought, I took the liberty to revive this one. Thanks in advanced for any help, I am slowly understanding tasks and how they inter-work themselves into the game, but it's a slow process.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i wasted like 14h to configure valley of reciprocity modification up to 110+ with team and lvl restriction for the end i was kinda angry and tried but succes, but im sure i changed nothing in dev section

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok How do I modify a quest to allow the kill required to count for all members of a team. I have made several new quests and the kills are only counting for the member of the team who has agro from the mobs. I want to make them count for all team members. But I can't find anything different in the new quests, from other quests were the kills count for the whole team. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score

While searching something else I found this thread. Yeah it's old like 2 weeks but I dunno if you found your answer since. So here you are http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/tasks-quest-group-concern-740070/#post6259111 ^^

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I can't seem to resolve this for 1.5.1

I've removed the team members in errands tab and set the dev tab to all 0's but it's still requiring the same criteria.

Additionally, I located the npc but I can't seem to find where the dialogue box to adjust the writing and criteria for below is located:

Must be Level xx
Started by Squad Leader
Requires 4 players

I'm looking to open this down to 2 players

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

you must edit quest requirements in tasks.data with task editor for main quest as well as all subquests in the quest chain if it has chained quests.