Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Fair. My setup is a bit weird. See here:
https://forum.ragezone.com/f797/tera-level-100-version-1205489/index58.html#post9132748
The public IP for my server is not the public IP for my network since I'm using a cloud VPS and VPN to the server to get the ports punched through. I'll see if I can get a hairpin NAT style rule on my router (UDM Pro), but it is a bit more unusual since the IP doesn't match that of the router. Will give it a whirl, but hopefully that clears up why I asked.

Cool, that's mostly what I figured would be the way to do so, just wanted to be sure.

On my side, my router doesn't handle IP loopback, so what I did is having two serverlist, one with public IP, and another one with direct LAN IP. Could work for you too.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
On my side, my router doesn't handle IP loopback, so what I did is having two serverlist, one with public IP, and another one with direct LAN IP. Could work for you too.

Oh, that's a great idea. Is this a matter of making serverId not the primary key in the server_info table, having a duplicate row in that table but with a different loginIp and nameString?

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
Oh, that's a great idea. Is this a matter of making serverId not the primary key in the server_info table, having a duplicate row in that table but with a different loginIp and nameString?

Removing the primary key can cause a problem when working with the api admin panel and SLS generator algo.
But you can just add a server with a different id to the list, like 2801, it will work fine.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Removing the primary key can cause a problem when working with the api admin panel and SLS generator algo.
But you can just add a server with a different id to the list, like 2801, it will work fine.

I feared something like that which is why I asked. I thought a different id would cause issues when connecting, like trying to point at PlanetDB_2801.

Tested it out and it works great. Thanks!

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
1nrYAr7 - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

In fact, this id will only be used for the SLS (the number of characters will be displayed for the original server):
2FC7oyO - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Having slight problem updating the launcher, if anyone could help.

1. Made new launcher and put it in public/patch/launcher_update directory as LauncherInstaller_1.0.1.52.exe (even though this is just the launcher, not a setup file. Tried this also with a setup file made for the new launcher)

2. Edited launcher_info.ini in public/patch with version=1.0.1.52 and url pointing at http//localhost/tera-api/public/patch/launcher_update/LauncherInstaller_1.0.1.52.exe

Shows 404 in API and getting this error message:
Launcher Failed to Update.PNG - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
Having slight problem updating the launcher, if anyone could help.

1. Made new launcher and put it in public/patch/launcher_update directory as LauncherInstaller_1.0.1.52.exe (even though this is just the launcher, not a setup file. Tried this also with a setup file made for the new launcher)

2. Edited launcher_info.ini in public/patch with version=1.0.1.52 and url pointing at http//localhost/tera-api/public/patch/launcher_update/LauncherInstaller_1.0.1.52.exe

Shows 404 in API and getting this error message:
View attachment 171982

Check API console when you receive this error.
Usually the API shows the path to the file he's trying to get, it will look something like this (404/Path not found) or something similar and it will show you the path, so try to work from there.
I've had the same issue when i had my API setted up so every error i manged to fix it via API Console (LIVE LOGS).
After you get the path just check if the file its actually there because for me some files weren't in the right folder.
Hope it helps you, post here again if you need something else, have a good day!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Check API console when you receive this error.
Usually the API shows the path to the file he's trying to get, it will look something like this (404/Path not found) or something similar and it will show you the path, so try to work from there.
I've had the same issue when i had my API setted up so every error i manged to fix it via API Console (LIVE LOGS).
After you get the path just check if the file its actually there because for me some files weren't in the right folder.
Hope it helps you, post here again if you need something else, have a good day!

Had wrong path in info.ini. Updated to the default path of /public/patch per the .env instead of changing it and all working.

Thanks for the reply.

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
@vazabisong You have specified the wrong port in the server_info table. Specify port 7801 instead of 80.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Why does the launcher crash when I finish the game?

Here is the crash dump generated by the launcher.

If the crash has no effect, can I turn off the ability to generate a crash dump?

0x9

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
API Server is running but i can't open the Launcher. I changed the "localhost" to my vmware IP.If i try to open anything in the "public" directory in my browser it says "404"
(image link)
Resource Hacker
API Server

Last edited:
TERA Foundation
Reaction score
@0x9 You need disable Microsoft IIS and start API on port 80 instead of 882.

0x9

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@hsdn ty! now its finally opening up the launcher + account creation is working. BUT i got the SLS error now.

--- nvm forgot to add the server in database "server_info" --

but my API Server always throws these errors

Last edited:
TERA Foundation
Reaction score
@0x9 I think you don't have a server with id 2800 in the server_info table.

0x9

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@hsdn you're right, now the error message is gone.

edit:

also got this error on worldserver again and again

arbiterserver lag ticks:

server specs: ryzen 5950x, 256GB Ram

Last edited:
Back