Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
is there any way to use Google Drive or OneDrive for the patch updates?

1696487014180 - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No, this will not work, since these services do not provide direct links to files.
Perhaps a git service, like as GitLab, is suitable for you. But you must read the information about limitations.
that is what I thought I am going to look into gitlabs thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
for some reason, I can't get the packager working

I installed node 20, Python, and VS with the C++ addon.

followed the guide on GitHub so I don't know what else could it be.

getting this error:
1701405604359 - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

Screenshot 2023-11-30 233822 - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
and here I come again ... sorry T.T ( patcher gets stuck )

things I try before posting ( reinstalled a few times and in different machines ) Disable the antivirus just in case
I noticed that the number of files to process grows from 9k to 11k for some reason.

Update: even trying to update an already installed game it will just go into a loop

1702067164241 - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

when installing from the launcher it always gets stuck. it seems to download all the patch files but it won't decompress them.

1702067236763 - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

It seems to be stuck

1702067276149 - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

Update: It goes into an infinite loop when trying to update anything. ( for this screen shoot I had the game pre-installed and I only tested updating splash art

Screenshot 2023-12-08 175457 - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums
Screenshot 2023-12-08 175506 - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
TERA Foundation
Reaction score
An infinite loop can occur if cab archives are packaged incorrectly or with an error. There may also be problems on the web server side that prevent the archive from being downloaded correctly.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
An infinite loop can occur if cab archives are packaged incorrectly or with an error. There may also be problems on the web server side that prevent the archive from being downloaded correctly.
when you say incorrectly might be just a paker error or my paker setup? gonna test it with the old paker and report back. but it just won't uncompress the files, it downloads all the cab files. it just loops when uncompressing.

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
when you say incorrectly might be just a paker error or my paker setup? gonna test it with the old paker and report back. but it just won't uncompress the files, it downloads all the cab files. it just loops when uncompressing.
The file is not unpacked if it is not packed correctly.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

things I try before posting ( reinstalled a few times and in different machines ) Disable the antivirus just in case
I noticed that the number of files to process grows from 9k to 11k for some reason.

Update: even trying to update an already installed game it will just go into a loop

View attachment 252844

when installing from the launcher it always gets stuck. it seems to download all the patch files but it won't decompress them.

View attachment 252845

It seems to be stuck

View attachment 252846

Update: It goes into an infinite loop when trying to update anything. ( for this screen shoot I had the game pre-installed and I only tested updating splash art

View attachment 252855View attachment 252857
Random question but is there a way to get that launcher? I really like the art.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Random question but is there a way to get that launcher? I really like the art.

uff... It has the branding baked into the image, and I lost the original files, I was thinking about making a new one. but if you want it sure.
Make a copy of your current launcher just in case and replace the files inside webapi\public\launcher

Gonna try to make a few launchers and share them with the community with no branding =,= sorry

Attachments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
uff... It has the branding baked into the image, and I lost the original files, I was thinking about making a new one. but if you want it sure.
Make a copy of your current launcher just in case and replace the files inside webapi\public\launcher

Gonna try to make a few launchers and share them with the community with no branding =,= sorry
Thanks, it's an easy edit to get rid of the branding anyway.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Reporting back, I installed Archgeus, a , and node-v18.19.0-x64. Now it is updating with no issues. Maybe it was the node version I had before that was not working correctly even tho the output seems to be almost identical it was just a weird error, Thanks!

1702397997569 - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
TERA Foundation
Reaction score
Reporting back, I installed Archgeus, a , and node-v18.19.0-x64. Now it is updating with no issues. Maybe it was the node version I had before that was not working correctly even tho the output seems to be almost identical it was just a weird error, Thanks!

Packing is carried out using elzma.exe and does not depend on the Node.js version. In the release provided by Archgeus, the version of elzma.exe should be the same. Therefore, the cause of your issue is still unknown.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Packing is carried out using elzma.exe and does not depend on the Node.js version. In the release provided by Archgeus, the version of elzma.exe should be the same. Therefore, the cause of your issue is still unknown.
Yup, to be honest, I have no clue what happened. and I only noticed because the Launcher was not updating. After all, the process was the same and it gave me no errors. However, when installing any other node version the package would not work.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have 2 requests:

I have already looked everywhere to add more translation options in the store but could only add an extension in the API. Where do I have to adjust something so that the correct translation is also accessed in the ingame store? So far the system only accesses eng as default. With RU it only accesses RU other languages are not recognized by the system :(

1710952762870 - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

the 2 question is, are there ways to further customize the launcher?

We have built a PW reset function and would like to integrate this into the launcher and possibly also a news feed :)

Attachments

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have 2 requests:

I have already looked everywhere to add more translation options in the store but could only add an extension in the API. Where do I have to adjust something so that the correct translation is also accessed in the ingame store? So far the system only accesses eng as default. With RU it only accesses RU other languages are not recognized by the system :(
Check section "How to add new language translation" on the first page.

Back