• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Tera EMU Server Files (str8killa) discussion thread

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi I've just got everything setup and went to launch the game and I'm greeted with a black screen.
I don't usually post about my problems be-cos i can usually fix them but I'm not sure what to do about this one.
Kreeate - Tera EMU Server Files (str8killa) discussion thread - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi I've just got everything setup and went to launch the game and I'm greeted with a black screen.
I don't usually post about my problems be-cos i can usually fix them but I'm not sure what to do about this one.
Kreeate - Tera EMU Server Files (str8killa) discussion thread - RaGEZONE Forums

i get that to sometimes its usually from the mysql but also usually in my case fixes it self after i close and open it again

Reaction score
mysql 0x080004005 error is in most times.. connection error to mysql..
-no connection
-opened connection on same port
or other things what do problems to connect to your sql database..

@unlimited
seems Nlog(logging system) Problem..
did you maybe delete the NLog.config in the server directory?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello. Thanks to everyone who contributed to making this possible.

I read earlier in the thread that server2go does not work for network, and I'd like a friend to connect to my servers, so I tried setting up a proper web server using Apache, MYSQL and Navicat, but I'm having the same problem as when I tried using server2go.

The gameserver works, accounts are registered, index.php shows up in ctlauncher, etc...
But when I type the username and password into the launcher and click "Log-In", nothing happens.
It freezes for a few seconds and then nothing. No play button.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Last edited:
Reaction score
your problem.. nothing happens is that the account could not be verified so nothing happens
maybe sql server not running or wrong connection to sql
for using network you only need to edit the ctlauncher.ini and replace "127.0.0.1" with your adress
else hex edit the ctgame.clf wwith your serverlist adress and copy your serverlist file to the same adress on your webserver!

gameserver or other edits you dont need ! made it simple and easy everything for changes is in the .ini file with the new launcher

for using network..
1. run launcher in localhost mode.. 1st time so that the ctaluncher.ini gets created!
2. when ctlaunhcer.ini exists.. setup your webserver and web.
3. edit the ctlauncher.ini file and edit the lines with the IP "127.0.0.1" to "your webdomain.xyz"
4. use a hex editor and open the ctgame.clf
search for "serverlist" should be 2 searchs then you get to the line with the serverlist file
edit to your webdomain.xyz/..... serverlist

dont add chars or delete chars wirh hex editor!
for your max serverlist adress you have "46" chars !!!
so your full adress.. >>> "http://blablabal/blabla/serverlist" <<< = MAX. 46 Chars!!!

after that copy your serverlist file on (www) htdocs/serverlist directory to the same like you used on hex edit !!!

thats all for network

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I noticed that my register.php does not work anymore.
Error is "Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'could not find driver' in... " blabla
It was working in server2go.

Edit:
Figured it out. I had to enable the PDO drivers in php.ini
Someone mentioned it earlier in this thread, I must have missed it because I was so tired.

Now, when I click play, the launcher closes itself and nothing happens.
I am able to log in via the website (ie. index.php), no problems.

I'm assuming the problem is it can't find the serverlist.
I tried hex editing the ctgame.clf, and tried moving the serverlist location around.
I know how to hex edit, so I don't think I'm doing that incorrectly.

It doesn't work even with 127.0.0.1 or default location, but I can browse to the serverlist via http.

Edit3:
Got it working locally and via network.
The problem was I hex edited "server_list" instead of "server_list."
I didn't notice the . because 00 byte is also displayed as "."

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi all, I would like to tell you how I made the connection to the server in the client file 1725 should be replaced in the folder on the client TL.exe this file

and the client reads the server list to your remote hosting

thanks for the release P5yl0

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
mysql 0x080004005 error is in most times.. connection error to mysql..
-no connection
-opened connection on same port
or other things what do problems to connect to your sql database..

@unlimited
seems Nlog(logging system) Problem..
did you maybe delete the NLog.config in the server directory?

Thanks, it's fixed. I got it working through network and locally, everything is working. Just testing stuff with my friends. We're testing to see what works and what doesn't.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi!

I am struggling a bit with setting up a server.

I want to run it with a public IP and so far I can access the website and the CTstarter is connecting, well at least is shows the web content in the left window.

However....

When I want to register an account it gives me

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1364 Field 'PasswordRecovery' doesn't have a default value

when pushing on send.

I injected the tera-database.sql which came with the GIT repo in database tera (UTF8-general-ci)

The register.php file has input fields for Username, FirstName, LastName, Password and Email.

Could any1 give me a push in the right direction ?

Hi!

I am struggling a bit with setting up a server.

I want to run it with a public IP and so far I can access the website and the CTstarter is connecting, well at least is shows the web content in the left window.

However....

When I want to register an account it gives me

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1364 Field 'PasswordRecovery' doesn't have a default value

when pushing on send.

I injected the tera-database.sql which came with the GIT repo in database tera (UTF8-general-ci)

The register.php file has input fields for Username, FirstName, LastName, Password and Email.

Could any1 give me a push in the right direction ?

Not quitte sure how to solve this but so far I made the default value NULL from phpmyadmin.

After that I could create an account and log on.

Now the server is running (from a cloud provider) and my client (at home) opens the Tera client (from ctstarter).
Although it's my first try at running the client I got a black screen and once clicking it went gone.

Will go back at it when I am at home

Last edited by a moderator:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You're using the tera-database.sql in folder Tera_Launcher_1725/ ?
If the client shows a black screen after all the video, I think it means that the launcher found and was able to authorize with the server, but the server isn't functioning properly.
Check the server window for errors. Possible issues I know of:

- make sure all other connections to the database are closed, it should say what this error is
- if it runs into a problem with the database, it'll give various errors once the client gets to the black screen

It seems certain things may cause database corruption(?) that makes it unable to log into that account (black screen).
To confirm if it's the data of that account or the database in general, try making a fresh new account and see if that works.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You're using the tera-database.sql in folder Tera_Launcher_1725/ ?
If the client shows a black screen after all the video, I think it means that the launcher found and was able to authorize with the server, but the server isn't functioning properly.
Check the server window for errors. Possible issues I know of:

- make sure all other connections to the database are closed, it should say what this error is
- if it runs into a problem with the database, it'll give various errors once the client gets to the black screen

It seems certain things may cause database corruption(?) that makes it unable to log into that account (black screen).
To confirm if it's the data of that account or the database in general, try making a fresh new account and see if that works.

That's correct.

Well, atm I get a black screen and a blue mous cursor. Reason could be because I took over my computer at home via Logmein.
When I wrote the second post I had set the password recovery to NULL.
While password recovery was set to NULL I created an account and tested it. It gave me the same like errors as Danuta.

After that I changed it back and filled it with some rubbish. Tried it again and now I do not get any errors in the servers output window.
I do see my account ID and after that I see my home pc specs.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The black screen was indeed because of Logmein. When I tried the client at home it went fine. I can create a character and play however the mobs are static and I can not attack them.

Normal behavior with these files? or should they just work fine?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's correct.

Well, atm I get a black screen and a blue mous cursor. Reason could be because I took over my computer at home via Logmein.
When I wrote the second post I had set the password recovery to NULL.
While password recovery was set to NULL I created an account and tested it. It gave me the same like errors as Danuta.

After that I changed it back and filled it with some rubbish. Tried it again and now I do not get any errors in the servers output window.
I do see my account ID and after that I see my home pc specs.

that problem was kind of from my own stupidity havent realized that the server list on the server was not the server list file in the hexa damn hexa syntax
check bit by bit letter by letter to be exactly the same and it will work after

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Last I tried, I could attack the enemies.
It might depend on the attack you're using.
Seems a lot of attacks aren't fully functional yet.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new here, may I ask, because the truth I have no idea on how to setup the server, I followed the steps P5y10 says, the server2go no problems, the gameserver starts well, but the client does not start, nothing happens, it is as if he had no client, and pass the folder sourcer tera launcher in 1725 for client but nothing happens, maybe is simple but I have no idea what to do, any help would be appreciated.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Last I tried, I could attack the enemies.
It might depend on the attack you're using.
Seems a lot of attacks aren't fully functional yet.

These are the things I run into:

Mobs: Are static. When running close you see a ! that they spotted you but nothing happens.

Melee: Very hard to attack a mob. Goes in and out combat all the time.

Ranged: Able to attack mobs with ranged attacks.

Overall attacking: It does not runs fluently. When I run an RDP session to the server next to my client I see the the OpCode stuff when hitting a key or use the mouse however with each succesfully move (where the character actually moves or uses an attack) I see some more info next to the OpCode.
So I can shoot 3 fireballs then for like 3-4 seconds I can not do anything, no movement or attacks. After that I can move and/or attack again.

Will post a screenshot of the output of the gameserver console when I get the change.

Reaction score
@lazer

the attack problem is known...
attack/skill functions need more functionallity/compatibility and maybe a lot rework of attack calculation and more

how so often told.. this server is more development state...
if you want more functionality ...you have to do it for your own..
i stopped working on the 1725 revision now..

updated my 2204 current official revision now till ingame
working on movement opcodes
and dont ask for a release 2204... for me it will be closed source for now..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@lazer

the attack problem is known...
attack/skill functions need more functionallity/compatibility and maybe a lot rework of attack calculation and more

how so often told.. this server is more development state...
if you want more functionality ...you have to do it for your own..
i stopped working on the 1725 revision now..

updated my 2204 current official revision now till ingame
working on movement opcodes
and dont ask for a release 2204... for me it will be closed source for now..

Hi P5yl0,

I won't ask for the 2204 release and I appreciatie the work you do on the files.

Thanks for the answer. I didn't saw it in earlier posts on the forum.
I know now it's normal behavior with the files supplied and that's what I wanted to know :)

Reaction score
Possible U3J lets out here ver of TERA patchnode 1725.
P5yl0, big thanks, but i hope u realy tell about closing sources of TERA patchnode 2204, but maybe u let community make fork based on TERA patchnode 1725.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeah, I also looked through the forum and didn't really see anyone say how complete things were.
Anyway, it's still nice. Keep up the good work.

Back