Testing high level minds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Joined
Feb 28, 2010
Messages
223
Reaction score
400
Just making a kind of survey of the capacity of abstraction and logic high level coders use. If you can answer these questions and put in the end the lang you code it would be great:

Code:
- Do you know what a variable is? how would you explain it?
- What stack is for you? And have any relation with variables?
- What is high level lang for you? And have any releation with low level?
- In your personal opinnion wich are the adventajes of high level lang?

If you can answer those questions it would be cool.

They will be used for a security post on a security journal has an introduction of high level abstracion towards security.

Thx and excuse the bad english.
 
Last edited:
On other forums ive get better responses, meaby you guys can stop blame the lang and learn what you code.

I am copy / paste your answers with forum name and nicknames, to prove the ignorance of high level coders about what they usually code everyday without having any clue.

Meaby a tip we talking about stack:

Code:
push ebp
mov ebp, esp
add esp, XX

Meaby ring any bells in mind...
 
Ok i got cleared that you are one of those guys that dont know what stack is or a variable is xD...

PS: I love your answer, its like the common answer of high level coders ^^
Actually, your thread is a bit lacking. Is this a questionnaire of your own, or from a source? What's your intention with it? Do you need the answers, or just trying to see how many has them?

I'll just ignore the actual question as too basic, unless you really need the answers.

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

On other forums ive get better responses, meaby you guys can stop blame the lang and learn what you code.

I am copy / paste your answers with forum name and nicknames, to prove the ignorance of high level coders about what they usually code everyday without having any clue.
Maybe people are hesitant to answer your simple questions because it would imply they pose any challenge at all.
 
Actually, your thread is a bit lacking. Is this a questionnaire of your own, or from a source? What's your intention with it? Do you need the answers, or just trying to see how many has them?

I'll just ignore the actual question as too basic, unless you really need the answers.

Finally some good answer:

1.- Most high lang coders think they know what a variable is and have an special definition for it, that isnt in reality what they think.

2.- Based on answer you can "guess" the capacity of abstraction the coder have. How?, well is the same question used to test this capacity in coders with the debug register question.

3.- Its too basic for some and too complex for other, i am just expecting an answer.

PS: Is not a callenge at all, are just questions, basic or not i am no one to decide them, in base on your answer i might find out if it was too basic or too hard for you...
 
I still can barely understand your posts, please speak in somewhat-fluent English if you are trying to give us a survey, thanks.

Thanks for the answer, no worry you not the only one that gives it, meaby caused this is a gaming forum, not coding one.

Anyway you can leave now thread, ill take your first answer has a "i dont know".
 
I have no idea what you just said. In case you are curious, I have been coding for nearly ten years, and I would be willing to take your "survey" if I could comprehend the English in it, which currently I find to be impossible.

No problem i know english is enough "fluent" for understand this simple question:

Code:
- Do you know what a variable is? how would you explain it?

And amaze me that 10 years of code cant explain this question...

I wont put an historial of my work or the years i got coding, if you want you can search here on ragezone many of the projects i have or in google my security papers under the name of FeN$x.
 
I have no idea what you just said. In case you are curious, I have been coding for nearly ten years, and I would be willing to take your "survey" if I could comprehend the English in it, which currently I find to be impossible.
IMO there's quite enough information there even if you drop out some words:
- what a variable is?
- What stack is? relation with variables?
- What is high level language? relation with low level?
- adventages of high level lang?
(Ok, had to make a few fixes but surely it was understandable enough already.)

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

Since apparently we're looking for the lower level perspective here, I'll start by explaining a variable like this: "A variable in a programming language is a name and type for a memory location of size determined by the type."

More later.
 
[/COLOR]Since apparently we're looking for the lower level perspective here, I'll start by explaining a variable like this: "A variable in a programming language is a name and type for a memory location of size determined by the type."

More later.

Thanks so much

This means a variable is a name and its size in memory location is determinated by its type?

So for you variables have types and names?


Thanks again.
 
Last edited:
LMAO! This kid is nearly retarded, I bet he is asking for answers on a homework project... I seriously doubt he knows anything more than the basics of C++ or Visual Basic... With that being said this is a English based forum, so why do people that don't know English try to use translators or half-ass English to express what they are trying to say when they could just find a forum for their native language?
//END_RANT

//START_QUESTIONNAIRE
- what a variable is? A variable is a memory location to store data to be used at a later time.
- What stack is? relation with variables? a stack is a list or compilation of variables that can be added or taken away from the list with a push or pop.
- What is high level language? relation with low level? A high level language has less control ability and normally runs in a Virtual Machine(VM)(Java, C#, ect...), a low level language controls and communicates directly with the CPU(central processing unit), allows full control over what can be done, although, memory leaks can become an issue.
- adventages of high level lang? Less chance of memory leaks and reduce development time.
 
Last edited:
//START_QUESTIONNAIRE
- what a variable is? A variable is a memory location to store data to be used at a later time.
- What stack is? relation with variables? a stack is a list or compilation of variables that can be added or taken away from the list with a push or pop.
- What is high level language? relation with low level? A high level language has less control ability and normally runs in a Virtual Machine(VM)(Java, C#, ect...), a low level language controls and communicates directly with the CPU(central processing unit), allows full control over what can be done, although, memory leaks can become an issue.
- adventages of high level lang? More control ability.

Ok ignoring the big display of noobness:

Code:
1.- Good answer of variable
2.- Such a lame and poor answer (probably google it)
3.- So low level cant run or make pcode interpretation of VM?, and high level isnt converted to low code by compilator? priceless...
4.- So Macros of low level code like MASM cant give more "flexibility" than high level? (rolf)

Thanks anyway.

Ironic this subforum is called "Coding paradise" and ironic too forum is called "RageZone". Members of the forum that believe to be good coders display the same "Rage" towards answer they dont know well. (Except for negata)
 
Last edited:
This is sad, just like your poor English vocabulary... You know nothing about programming, you know what google.com tells you, good game kid.

Better luck next time.
:)
 
This is sad, just like your poor English vocabulary... You know nothing about programming, you know what google.com tells you, good game kid.

Better luck next time.
:)

Another display of rage and blame the lang. Even if i am not using translator.

Probably this is the result of been a "Script kiddie" and pretend to be a real coder... Sad :*:


We can display your stack definition has:

Code:
push ebp
mov ebp, esp
mov eax, NumberOfVariables  ;Number of variables you have
imul eax, eax, DWORD        ;Initialise each variable to 4 bytes
add esp, eax
mov [esp], 1                ;Lets put a variable with value 1
pop edx                     ;Restore it on EDX
mov [esp+4], 1              ;Next variable with value 1
pop eax                     ;Restore on EAX
add eax, edx                ;1+1 is so simple has knowing you are a noob
push eax                    ;Push it for save into stack

I think stack is much more... but lol i got answered from master xD
 
Last edited:
Since the big bad foreign coder thinks he is superior to everyone else, how about a small challenge to see what coder has more knowledge in certain fields? If you accept my challenge and defeat me, I will announce that you are more intelligent than I and will never talk badly about your half-ass English or lack thereof.

So what do you say Mr. I want people to think I know something, that I really don't?
 
Since the big bad foreign coder thinks he is superior to everyone else, how about a small challenge to see what coder has more knowledge in certain fields? If you accept my challenge and defeat me, I will announce that you are more intelligent than I and will never talk badly about your half-ass English or lack thereof.

So what do you say Mr. I want people to think I know something, that I really don't?

Ok Mr.Rage, here is my challenge, emulate call convention of x64 machines in a x32 source code by calling a procedure and take the arguments of that procedure in the x64 method.

If you can do that i guess you are not so noob after all :lol::lol:
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back