The history of this section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score

Nice, but I wouldn't call it "Modern Days". Maybe the "Dark Days"?

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This sparked up a response for me, this is what a "soon to be" retro "owner" said.

I'm starting up this for pure profit

In my opinion, this is why we're in the dark days right now. Silly kids, claiming to be 'pro coders' because they can edit something from 'Created on:' to 'Registered on:'. Then you've got them borrowing money from their mum's credit card, hoping they can make a profit from it. Back in the days, people used to code application, scripts and so on, for the community. Now-a-days, it's all about their hotel and themselves.

Yes, I'm not an intense pro coder, but I do know some languages. It's Habbo Players who either go to hosting services, to buy a retro (In my opinion, you cannot call yourself a founder unless you set it up yourself, along with the CMS and Emulator) and hoping to be spoonfed by the community on what to do.

If these noobs don't stop, we'll be overrun by noobs (it's starting to go that way already) within a few months/years. The days within the V26 era, was when I came in and stayed in due to the fact of the community. I've watched it go downhill from there..

I think if something doesn't change; R.I.P - The great times of Habbo Retro Development.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Classical Greece, His name is not noted but his emulator is.
I saw that... I'm not as stupid as you tought. Or maybe I am, who knows? Still, I just tought that he deserved credits for beeing a developer/creating bloodline

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Makarov. This is very helpful for my project. Will credit you alot when I mention stuff about habbo in the video

Experienced Elementalist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Forgive me for bringing up a dead thread, judging by the title the history of the section I expected a much more comprehensive guide to this history of the section, that is a very brief summary with a lot of important people missed out!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

A trip through time. Love it!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I had a bit of a nostalgia moment and decided to look up RaGEZONE. I created DarkHabbo (v9), back in 2006 or 7, which I think was the first semi-stable server with a semi-decent administrative UI. Though it still consisted of pretty awful programming. I believe it could also generate the required HTML files, which made creating a server a breeze.

I made it open source, which caused a surge in custom servers.

I've since then mostly moved to webdevelopment, though I quite miss programming those client/server VB6 applications.

AMA :8:

/CIADarkshadow

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
An update now : This section is just filled with more and more noobs spamming help threads and release threads. Nothing progressing anywhere anymore . What are your thoughts?

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
An update now : This section is just filled with more and more noobs spamming help threads and release threads. Nothing progressing anywhere anymore . What are your thoughts?
I think we could progress.. We all started at the bottom, didn't we? We just have to rely on this new wave of noobs for a gem to continue the dev. I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.