The history of this section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think we could progress.. We all started at the bottom, didn't we? We just have to rely on this new wave of noobs for a gem to continue the dev. I doubt it.

Hopefully . Nobody is making an effort to learn anymore . It's just teamview , join me or skype now :/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Vaulient I wouldn't say nobody, a lot of the people who want Teamviewer do want to learn but some of them seem to think you're available to them 12 hours a day for free... (I know money is a sensitive issue here). However I don't think the problem is helping the noobs, there's plenty of guides for them but they might not be on the surface of the forum which is where they're going to look, pinning more of the detailed and helpful guides may solve this?

I think the more pressing problem is that there isn't more advanced guides: editing the client, updating packets, making basic changes to emulators, etcetera. So while there's several hundred noobs here, many of them willing to learn, just one of them (if we're lucky) will go on to make any kind of positive upgrade to an emulator (there's plenty of CMSs already). I know they should learn about networking and how to program first, but it's these advanced threads that will set them on that track.

Just an opinion, thoughts?

Edit: Emboldened some text in response to the dementors reply, he's so full of hope <3, and as for renames the solution is for the community to just not use them - use the emulators that have had positive upgrades. I don't think me or Vaulient will cry because of them...

Last edited:
Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
My thought is the same when it comes to there's no detailed guides. Face it , every development that's undergoing is either private , or paid. Greed you could say. The habbo community used to be generous back in the day of Meth0d where things were easy going , just r63a . Now r63b and r64c shiz is up , it's not the same anymore. Just bunch of freaking cms edits and renames now.

Reaction score
>The habbo community used to be generous back in the day of @Meth0d where things were easy going...
Wrong.

Also don't need to make "making basic changes to emulators" tutorials. It is you guys will start crying "omg they don't know how to code, only know how to rename!!11".

And goddamnit, some crappy game private server section is not right place to learn how to code and other computer science stuff.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Why is potentially learning to code/program with something you enjoy, "Not the right place?". I think in that given situation, it's the perfect place. And a good way to learn the basics of computing overall. If you're learning by doing something you enjoy, how can that be bad? Don't get me wrong, I can understand where you're coming from, however given the audience that this forum has in regard to age, telling them to "learn to code" and then expecting them to sit down, sit and look through Google, read a text book or whatever isn't going to work (in most cases).

With what was said above in this discussion, there is indeed a huge lack of material and documentation about Habbo and how it works on this forum. The developers know, but no one else does. Unfortunately it's been this way for over half a decade now, and as Habbo is dying (which it is), I don't believe there is going to be much change.

The issue is the community overall, everybody is trying to get to the top, because like previously mentioned, money is involved, peoples egos and as I said before, age.

Reaction score

'course money is involved. You ain't gonna code an entire application for a company for free, why do it for the retro community?

That being said, the more people who release open sourced software, the more people are gonna learn, and the closer we can get to how things used to be.

But you're right. Retros are basically dead. If you asked me why I stick around, I couldn't give you an answer.

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Yes I remember you vaguely, the username certainly rings a bell. I wrote up much of the history in the first post through what I learned speaking to Nillus and Jeax as well as my own personal experiences. When the retro scene started it was just Scripting sites that had all the servers, the MDK v1 server that JoeH made (but some idiot renamed).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for this, i love it.
Habbo Retros are dead in Germany.. but it's nice so see whats happend in Ragezone since 3 Years, so many developer.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm this project is look very nice.

Thanks for the memories!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I joined this community at a very young age, 13. The skills I picked up and learned, the critical thinking required to make a retro, and the problem solving I had to do has given me more than I could ever ask for. I use the skills I learned from each and everyone of you on a daily basis here at my University, I attribute a lot of things in my life to the time I spent in the f282 community. It's amazing to think its been almost 6 years since I first joined, and all the memories I made here have made a lasting impact on my life.

Looking back, I was an extremely mixed up and emotionally confused teenager. This community offered me something that school, my parents, and my friends couldn't. I still can't tell you exactly what that was, but it was important and needed.

I am not active in this community anymore, I haven't been for a number of years. Every once in a while however, I like to check in and see if you all are still here.

I want to thank everyone in this community for sharing their time with me in this common vested interest. Sometimes, if I meet a cute girl or a new found friend and we start talking I'll subtly mention Habbo, just to see if they share any of the same memories I shared with all of you.

Right now I am away at college studying to get my degree in Finance, then its law school after that. I've got big things on my mind and a bright future to look forward too, but every once in a while I like to think who made it happen. F282 made up bits and pieces of who I am today, and for that I am ever grateful.

I know I was not the most prolific coder that ever graced this section. I'm no Yifan Lu, Aaron, or PEjump2 (still a friend of mine to this day) - yes after all these years I still remember all their names. I was however an active member that always tried my best to help out. Reading through the history of this section brings back so many great memories, I just wanted to take this time and finally say...

Thank you.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I never posted something in this thread. So to make this thread more funniest (since some latest posts here was offending our legends, and was a little messy...), i have some words to say to everyone that is reading this..

This section had a lot of legends, a lot of contributors. A lot of these contributors (members) improved this section in a lot of ways. In ways like algorithm, encryption, emulating, client side, hashing, scripts, content engines, and more. But the biggest thing that they did was this community, this section being one. Of course we had discussions before, but before we had a big amount of heros.

The fact is, before was more hard to code, less people knowing to code (was other young generation). Now "code" (or copy code or flame, or do shenanigans, etc) is easier. Habbo is almost died. People are not caring (only some members cares) to contribute really. Only want fame.
Also the count of leaked content (that aren't Sulake's content, but other people content) is bigger than ever. The amount of unfinished developments increased a lot. The amount of ego also, the amount of treats also.

But only one thing we need remember. This community isn't made of people with a big count of posts. Thread count isn't the same of contribution rate. The community is gratefully to our heros? Maybe, but the onliest thing that really we need remember is, people don't need necessary remember our heros, they never will been forgot. Simply, because ever software of this section will use something that they made. They are alive in this community.. in the hearth of this community.

So let's stop fight about careless things. (i think people will continue.. but whatever...)

If you're not listed in this thread, and helped this community, don't be afraid. The history will not forgot you. The onliest person that need be satisfied of the contribution is you. Because you know you helped.

This community has a big story, let's not allow this history being forgoted.

And the war continues, the rat vs the cat. we vs sulake. Why we do all these things. Because Habbo is Habbo, coding is coding, hobbie is hobbie, fun is fun. And RaGEZONE... this part i don't need to talk.

Hugs, for our heros, and specially for you that maybe also are helping this section.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I regret leaving the Habbo Scene years ago, I probably had the best v26 Source to date, fully featured with Battleball and Snowstorm as well (Shame I never released it to the public and have long deleted everything I had of Habbo) :*:

Good luck to the current developers,

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Too sad to see that the old people have left though

Good luck to the future developers and contributors

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How did the very first thing happen tho? How was the first emulator made, was habbo hacked? like how did it very very first start....

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How did the very first thing happen tho? How was the first emulator made, was habbo hacked? like how did it very very first start....

Funny you should ask on a day that I happen to be googling about the old days. I actually helped create the very first v1 Habbo Retro, and even named the project "Habbo Retro" as I developed the cloned website as well ( - Obviously now offline).

You didn't need Habbo's entire source code in order to run a retro server. Joeh developed a tool to be able to download the dcr and files, host it on your pc, and emulate the server using visual basic. He done this as a personal project and didn't expect anything to come of it - when he lost interest he passed it to me.

MDK was working on a load of project's and I shared most leaks with him. We developed the server so it was fully working (walking, talking, building rooms, buying furniture, mutants) as well as being able to host hundreds of rooms and clients at a time ect. We also got the source code of HabbBee/HabboX which was made by 13/Jepherr/S0CK3T and modified it so it would work with our Retro server (fully unencrypted).

After it was finished and I was done having fun, I closed my server and released the source code somewhere I can't remember where. From there, new servers were popping up every other day and new things were being developed, newer clients and server versions evolved from there.

It's crazy to see something we started as a bit of fun to bring back mutants for a laugh is still running rabid to this day, and using the same name "habbo retro" as I created all those years ago. I expect to be long forgotten down the years but it's nice to see my name brought up in this thread by someone who really remembers how it all began.

Again my story isn't 100% accurate, I can't remember much from those days but I do remember the people and i'm still in contact with a lot of them to this day.

This dude knows his stuff! Jogged my memory a bit. My memory is awful but I still remember how much it was a part of my life and i'm glad to see my name is still remembered by the people who actually were involved back in the REAL old days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.