Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The Kendrick Johnson Case

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, recently, a case, particularly in the high school I currently attend in South Georgia, United States, has received national attention from CNN and other news agencies, and is about to have a soon-to-be lawsuit, according to the parents, I believe. I've heard rumors in school that the parents were planning on suing the school district or something. This case is about the death of a teenager named Kendrick Johnson.

Kendrick Johnson died in January of 2013, and the police ruled it as an accident; as he apparently reached down into a gym mat and fell inside and got stuck and ended up dying of positional asphyxia, basically when you die of being crushed by your own weight, or when you're upside down for too long.

This case is receiving multitude of attention because apparently a lot of the details surrounding the case doesn't add up. First, there's contamination of the crime scene (no use of shoe protections), the coroner not being called until hours after the body was discovered, the body being moved from the original death position, the hospital medics that arrived on scene called the gym a "crime scene", though police disregarded it, the police department not answering any questions about the case, substances on the walls not being tested or objects at the scene not being taken into evidence, organs from Kendrick's body missing after the initial autopsy, and the recent new autopsy done on Kendrick's body which apparently rules Kendrick's death as a homicide, as opposed to an accident. "That autopsy, conducted June 15, found blunt force trauma to the right neck and soft tissues, 'consistent with inflicted injury.'"

The family's been calling on lawyers, news stations, and rally's to be held at the Board of Education. I've actually personally seen a ton of rally's being held at the school, the Board of Education (the Board is actually very very close to the school, a good solid minute away), and the court house.

See map reference at the bottom for letters.
The day the death occurred was a crazy day, indeed. I was in my second class (Letter B), out of four, and students were talking about how there was a dead body at the school. I first heard he was murdered by a gunshot wound, then I heard he was stabbed, and I heard a lot of fake stories. But I had heard he died in the old Gym (Letter A). Walking out of my second class to go to the Lunchroom (B to C), I hear chilling screams coming from the parking lot (Letter D) (apparently from the mother of the teenager), and administrators from the school telling people to not go near the Gym and to stay away from the parking lot. So when we got into lunch, everybody was talking about it. So many rumors. The police later arrived, placed crime scene tape across the Gym and around the Lunch room (the gym was located next door to the Lunchroom. The Gym was torn down and is now the new and improved band room.). The administrators would not let anyone leave the Lunchroom for a long time. They tried to explain to us that nothing bad happened and that they would "inform us" about anything that they heard (of course, they didn't). That day, around 800-1,000 or so kids got checked out from school, a good one-third of the school's population.

The next day was even worse though. Police flooded the school, patrolled the hallways during class time, searched cars for valid IDs and parking decals when a student drove on campus, patrolled every student getting dropped off at school. I would say there was a good 10x more police there than any other day (which would be a usual 3 or 2, maybe 4).

Crazy poop indeed.

Articles:

There's actually ton of articles. Researching can get you everything from even the day it started. There's a lot of articles.

Map Reference:
Untitled-1 - The Kendrick Johnson Case - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
this is some weird poop. Googled the name and saw the picture where his face is messed up. wtf.

Reaction score
The next day was even worse though. Police flooded the school, patrolled the hallways during class time, searched cars for valid IDs and parking decals when a student drove on campus, patrolled every student getting dropped off at school. I would say there was a good 10x more police there than any other day (which would be a usual 3 or 2, maybe 4).

If they suspected it was a homicide, no wonder they were out in force.

As for the usual number of police on campus being 2-4... what the literal duck? You school must be rough. I don't recall there ever being a single police officer at any of my schools. The US is seriously messed up if you need police in schools. I don't know how parents over there can stand knowing it's that dangerous to send kids to school.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Word is they found no organs in him from head to pelvis, it was just stuffed with newspaper.

They were in when they sent the body to the funeral home, but they said the organs were too decomposed.

But honestly, why use newspaper?
Don't they usually use cotton swabs or other material?

So outrageous how they did that to that little boy...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
As for the usual number of police on campus being 2-4... what the literal duck? You school must be rough. I don't recall there ever being a single police officer at any of my schools. The US is seriously messed up if you need police in schools. I don't know how parents over there can stand knowing it's that dangerous to send kids to school.

The police number is kind of understandable, in my opinion. My school "is now one of the largest high schools in the state of Georgia with a student enrollment of over 3000 students and 170 faculty members," and it is a very large school, as you can see by the map reference. My school has its share of fights, so I mean, it's understandable. It's not like every student's in danger though. I'm sure it's just because it's a large school.

Reaction score
The picture I found he looks mumified. For how long did he lie in the GYM dead? And seriously , if I found out something like that would have happened in the school I went , I probably would have quited the next day or so. Just imagine some psycho , beat him to death , take his organs , stuff him with newspapers , and roll him up in a mat in the GYM. That's scarry as duck.

Not to mention the parents now send their children to that school like "maybe he comes back , maybe he isn't"

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Had you ever seen this person? (Sorry if you mentioned it in the thread. im a bad reader)

My nephew went to a school where a kid killed himself in the gym during class. 10 months police were thinking that it was a murder as the kid had multiple wounds and so on.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The picture I found he looks mumified. For how long did he lie in the GYM dead? And seriously , if I found out something like that would have happened in the school I went , I probably would have quited the next day or so. Just imagine some psycho , beat him to death , take his organs , stuff him with newspapers , and roll him up in a mat in the GYM. That's scarry as duck.

Not to mention the parents now send their children to that school like "maybe he comes back , maybe he isn't"
He was in the gym, I believe, for a day or so? Also, he wasn't FOUND with no organs. It was discovered his organs were missing after the initial autopsy by the GBI, though the GBI says they placed the organs back. The funeral home says they never received the organs, though, so it raises a lot of questions.

Had you ever seen this person? (Sorry if you mentioned it in the thread. im a bad reader)

My nephew went to a school where a kid killed himself in the gym during class. 10 months police were thinking that it was a murder as the kid had multiple wounds and so on.

I didn't know him personally.

Added a link to photos of the body and other things released by CNN in main post:

Last edited:
ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If I had attended that school I probably would have enrolled in another school the next day. I wish I never googled his name as I just saw that picture, pretty bad way to go. :(

I recommend IF you are okay with graphic content you should take a look at that.

Their "graphic warning" is below the pictures which have made me shiver, duck the dailymail I feel like poop after seeing that.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The whole case raises questions. Alot of things were ignored by the police, looks like theyre covering someone up.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I really feel for the family. We all know that he was murderd, police are the only ones pretending that it was an accident.

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I really feel for the family. We all know that he was murderd, police are the only ones pretending that it was an accident.
If it wasn't murder it was manslaughter, and how could someone leave someone to die in a rolled-up mat like that, just thinking of that makes me really feel for him and his family.

Reaction score
It actually surprises me that such weird and questionable things in the USA still surprise others. Not that it only happens in the USA, but it's common in big country's with a lot of secrets.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
(CNN) -- Surveillance footage shows other minors inside a Georgia high school gym at about the same time authorities say Kendrick Johnson suffocated in a rolled-up mat while reaching for a sneaker, an attorney for the school told CNN on Friday.
The attorney's acknowledgement came in a response to a CNN open records request asking whether other minors were recorded in the footage inside the Lowndes County High School gym on January 10 between 1:09 p.m. and 1:20 p.m., a span of about 10 minutes after Johnson entered the gym.
"I answer your pointed question with 'yes,'" L. Warren Turner Jr.. the attorney, wrote in the letter.
CNN made the request after the school declined to release certain surveillance photos or video, citing state law that exempts the release of "education records of a minor child."
It's the latest revelation in a case that has seen Kendrick's parents challenge the account of authorities and demanded an inquest into the teen's death. Attorneys for Kendrick's family have called for the release of the surveillance video.

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I believe it wasn't an accident. Glad that the video didn't show the picture of his face, its pretty disturbing to me. (The picture of his face when he was found)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS
The parents of Kendrick Johnson went to court yesterday and won an order for all video to be released to the parents, as well as case documents.

Documents can be found at
A new video has been released showing Kendrick walking into the gym with other students. Video is still be released.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Michael Moore, the U.S. Attorney for the Middle District of Georgia, said Thursday that federal authorities will investigate the circumstances behind the death of Johnson, whose bloody body was found inside a rolled-up gym mat on January 11.
While warning his jurisdiction is limited as a federal prosecutor, Moore said that after lengthy review of evidence collected by authorities and the family's own investigator that "sufficient basis exists" to warrant a formal review of the facts.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
thank you for keeping us updated with this. really interested in this

Back