Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The launcher does not fully download updates

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
Who has encountered a problem with the launcher? He downloads updates, but does not finish downloading the patch and tries to install the update. Accordingly, it cannot install and the installation fails. Maybe the problem is in the launcher and someone can share files?
I have a client from MUPU

I apologize for my poor English

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, it's a security settings problem. You need to figure out how dl servers are working and how to make a successful data stream that is not prohibited!

Sadly, I´m not a server administrator by trait, so I can not tell you the specific settings you need to look for.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
When you use Mupu files and follow his Videos its working 100% clean.
I guess you mean starting the client without using nocheckversion ?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, all files are from Mupu. I had a server on patch 6.3 and there were no such problems. The updates were installed correctly. And this is the first time I see this, so that the launcher does not download the updates and starts installing them, which causes an error.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
you have to make sure that all files are correct version, This includes the updater program since it check that also before checking the server updates.... if it is not then it will error....

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you have to make sure that all files are correct version, This includes the updater program since it check that also before checking the server updates.... if it is not then it will error....
Thanks for the tip. The problem was the lack of MD5 verification in the file version.txt Now he gives an error that he cannot find files on the hosting using this link. Of course, the link is correct and verified. I'm attaching a screenshot. And it's very interesting that when I insert the patch into the client folder manually, everything installs perfectly. I tried different hosting access and 755 and standard 644. Now it costs 644.

Screenshot_5 - The launcher does not fully download updates - RaGEZONE Forums

Yes not use nocheckversion

There are results on this issue. The problem was that the launcher does not want to download information over HTTPS. And it only works via HTTP. And I had a redirect to HTTPS on my hosting. Is there any way to make the launcher work with HTTPS?

you can specify port 443 in update.inf instead of port 80 and specify an https connection in the link. But then when you start the launcher, nothing will be displayed, although the client will be updated. However, you will not be able to click the "play" button.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back