Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The Return of Megaupload!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Kim Dotcom only got busted for hosting in the wrong place in the wrong time. That's not gonna happen this time.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The website looks so amazingly slick. The design is great, and functionality is amazing. The only thing I haven't been able to do is upload a file, but that must be due to a poop ton of traffic going through to the site. MEGA is going to be amazing.

The real deal.
Reaction score
image - The Return of Megaupload! - RaGEZONE Forums

I'm excited!
Sent from my iPhone.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Liam

You clearly don't understand the changes. I've seen the interview with Kim. And the law claimed that they where Protected by the DMCA and so by the law too. The reason why taking down was the only option was because there is a special privacy policy which means that they can't look in to their files as they are private. And so they can't take actions which the law itself has to do.

Seems pretty much shenanigans because then you an assure yourself that your website is going to be torn apart.

So i hope that this Mega is going to be way secure and they will have such thing that can scan malicious uploads et cetera.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Heard files will be encrypted so only people with the passwords would be able to access them. And they're boasting that since they're not able to see the contents of the files uploaded, they would not be held accountable. I find that a little bit whack, if files get shared online & users post the passwords too, then it would still be the same as the old megaupload.

Probably should wait until the verdict before using it.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Don't ever think that Mega would make such comeback again. However it could be but then tearing itself down again because somehow they can't manage the uploads being made because they are all private. That's something i stated before and that's totally true because Kim said it itself on the Interview he had.

By far the government have to keep an eye on what is being uploaded on those sorts of website to make sure that no copyright is being took away by such upload website because that causes that all those websites are slowly falling away.

There are many websites like this who have the exact same thing give a example to rapid share. But they do remove the files that aren't needed because they don't want to get sued at all and they do know what privacy is.

Reaction score
From what I read they're going to do the same thing dropbox did with multiple users uploading the same file, they will skip the upload and link it to the original file, in be4 people start abusing it like they did with dropbox.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I think Mega will be quite a revolution to the uploading standard.. we'll hope something changes. Kim Dotcom blew this entire ordeal up, and he better have followed through.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
In my opinion, the new mega is going to be bigger than any of the other uploading sites combined (when people will be able to actually upload files). Their premium hosting offers are superior to MF or RS, and they have already had 1m registered users.

People have missed MU as much as most americans would miss McDonalds if it were shut down (Just as an example, don't take it literally). People keep saying things like, "Oh the Crypting of the files is outdated." etc. However, how many uploading sites are actually going to the lengths and using the same methods as Mega? With the popularity that it has seen, and with the premium plans that they have, Mega will easily be on the top once again, and will set the standard.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I hated MegaUpload anyway, why does everyone say its so awesome? 0.0

Back