• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

timedout/disconnect when creating character

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I get times out/disconnected from server whenever i try to make a character does anyone know what the error could be?
Thanks

Reaction score
clipper1 - timedout/disconnect when creating character - RaGEZONE Forums
redrumdesu +1 as I told you on Skype its possible, due to wrong directories, if there are even any assigned.
florin27x Please don't give wrong information, kernels has nothing to do with this as I know :)

First of all give more information, this error mostly occurs on Rocklee's files when you are using them under 64bit OS.

This error can occurs when you are missing libs.
This error can occurs when you assigned bad directories for character, name databases.
This error mostly occurs when you are running the files under 64bit OS

How to fix?

Make sure you have ia32-libs, here is a way how to download them under Ubuntu/Debian OS
Code:
sudo -i
cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d
echo "deb http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ raring main restricted universe multiverse" >ia32-libs-raring.list
apt-get update
apt-get install ia32-libs
rm ia32-libs-raring.list

If you install the libs, and you keep getting same error, check the database paths in gamedbd/gamesys.conf and uniquenamed/gamesys.conf, if the error keep showing, change to 32bit's version.
Make sure gdeliveryd makes connection to the game database as well.
If you done all of these things and you keep getting it, I guess the files are fucked up. =)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
clipper1 - timedout/disconnect when creating character - RaGEZONE Forums
redrumdesu +1 as I told you on Skype its possible, due to wrong directories, if there are even any assigned.
florin27x Please don't give wrong information, kernels has nothing to do with this as I know :)

First of all give more information, this error mostly occurs on Rocklee's files when you are using them under 64bit OS.

This error can occurs when you are missing libs.
This error can occurs when you assigned bad directories for character, name databases.
This error mostly occurs when you are running the files under 64bit OS

How to fix?

Make sure you have ia32-libs, here is a way how to download them under Ubuntu/Debian OS
Code:
sudo -i
cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d
echo "deb http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ raring main restricted universe multiverse" >ia32-libs-raring.list
apt-get update
apt-get install ia32-libs
rm ia32-libs-raring.list

If you install the libs, and you keep getting same error, check the database paths in gamedbd/gamesys.conf and uniquenamed/gamesys.conf, if the error keep showing, change to 32bit's version.
Make sure gdeliveryd makes connection to the game database as well.
If you done all of these things and you keep getting it, I guess the files are fucked up. =)

Last i checked when using CentOS u dont need to install crappy ia32libs cuz they're already installed, so the information isnt about libs or files being broken either cuz files work fine on other OS's. It depends on the host also if the kernel is customized then there's no guarantee the files will be working. Tested on all types of OSs that provide aint fit for gaming purposes anymore.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
It's just enough to read this again and then you will realize that you need ia32libs when you are using 64bit OS.
I don't know where you tested, but I ran my server on CentOS that is customized by OVH, still works w/o problems.
Why I don't use CentOS when it works? because the version they offer its ancient like dinos.
I'm out of here not going to argue about something that I already tested and experienced. =)

I don't say you are wrong mate, but do you think he is using a customized OS? Because when you type in google CentOS download, the official site comes up not some customized OS.

Upvote 0
Back