Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

TornEnvironment - V13 - Completely from scratch - SQL - C# - Stable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just decided something. Will still keep the idea's of the social network in mind, programming now while recording, so you can actually watch video of me programming, I will also do some live-streams in the future.

That's first part, if you subscribe, you'll get the newest updates when I upload them.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Funny how you think a Author name can be 100 chars....

Code:
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Yheey, lets waste storage memory =D

I kinda always use the same default: 100 for varchar, 1 for tinyint, 11 for int, but ofc will change.

@AWA:

I take a little break as C# becomes boring after a while :blush:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It also says: "Use mysqli_real_escape_string when using MySQLi or PDO:quote when using PDO" when you want to secure inputs[/COLOR]

PDO::quote is has not the same output as a real_escape_string if people use PDO and like to use a real_escape_string use in this way 'addslashes'

Reaction score
Just decided something. Will still keep the idea's of the social network in mind, programming now while recording, so you can actually watch video of me programming, I will also do some live-streams in the future.

That's first part, if you subscribe, you'll get the newest updates when I upload them.
Funny, maybe cool to check again your codes, cuz some things are badddddddddddd!

REMOVED

Also don't understand the mysql_real_escape_string because it must be $lawllawl->real_escape_string, right???

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Funny, maybe cool to check again your codes, cuz some things are badddddddddddd!

REMOVED

Also don't understand the mysql_real_escape_string because it must be $lawllawl->real_escape_string, right???

Thats MySQLi

PHP:
$mysqli->real_escape_string(x)

MySQL have a separate function: mysql_real_escape_string

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Or you can all just let him get on with it. It's fine giving suggestions but when 100 people are saying the same thing I think he understands.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
To all people who said I'm "using mysql", I know I forgot there was a function for PDO/MySQLi, I already changed it..

@Ryan:

I redirect to home.php, what's wrong with that? Except of telling: "Hey I'm Ryan you suck you are bad" tell me things that are useful, like you could better do this etc, I hate people flaming but not helping.

For now I'll ignore everything about the mysql_real_escape_string poop.

Reaction score
To all people who said I'm "using mysql", I know I forgot there was a function for PDO/MySQLi, I already changed it..

@Ryan:

I redirect to home.php, what's wrong with that? Except of telling: "Hey I'm Ryan you suck you are bad" tell me things that are useful, like you could better do this etc, I hate people flaming but not helping.

For now I'll ignore everything about the mysql_real_escape_string poop.

His point is that the code keeps running even when you set the "Location" header. In some cases this can be bad.

In most cases there is no point of executing the rest of the script and that's why "we" exit the script after setting the "Location" header.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
His point is that the code keeps running even when you set the "Location" header. In some cases this can be bad.

In most cases there is no point of executing the rest of the script and that's why "we" exit the script after setting the "Location" header.

Okay, that's something that helps me, you're way more helpful than Ryan.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

REMOVED

Please tell me you have better things to do than criticize Josh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back