Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[TUT] Create modern drop shadows in no time!

Reaction score
Please note that 99% of the tutorials I post are actually made by me. So for you to post on another forum/website you will need my aproval!

Ever wondered how to do this

REMOVED

or this

REMOVED

but you just kept strugling with blur and shapes? Well no longer. This tutorial will teach you how to do it in minutes! So let's begin!

Step 1:

Create a shape. Doesn't really matter what shape that is, but this works best on a rectangle/square.

REMOVED

Step 2:

Double click your shape in the layers panel to bring up the "layer styles" window, and apply a "drop shadow" with the following settings

REMOVED

Step 3:

Again click on the shape in your layers panel, then go up, and select "Layer -> Layer Style -> Create Layer". This is a neat tool, that will create a new layer for each of the style you just applied, in this case the drop shadow.

REMOVED

Step 4: It will present you with this warning window. Just press "OK".

REMOVED

If you did everything alright, your layers panel should look like this by now. So keep up skipper, we're almost done!

REMOVED

Step 5: Click the "Shape's 1 Drop Shadow" in the layers panel. Now press "CTRL + T" (transform) and click warp!

REMOVED

Step 6: Now just warp it around as you like. This is the first step to achieve the first "sample" above

REMOVED

Wasn't this easy? Keep up for more great tutorials. Have fun practicing!​

Last edited:
Back