• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[TUT]Editing weapons textures and add as a new item

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, will be difficult to teach, but I ask you to leave your post and the like come on!
======================================================
I use the following programs:
Photoshop
DXT1 Bitmap Manipulator
Notepad++
A good site to find download them:

First part:
(Find all templates and edit them)
Ok Come on!
in: bin\Data\ObjectsDepot\Weapons
Look for these files:

lYJr0Tc - [TUT]Editing weapons textures and add as a new item - RaGEZONE Forums

After that copy and paste into paste that you created in "weapons"
Now in my case it will be called "vss_snow" then I'll rename them and will look like this:

KnAYrN8 - [TUT]Editing weapons textures and add as a new item - RaGEZONE Forums

Remember one thing, regardless of the name that will always be the same way as the original, with uppercase or lowercase.

We will now edit the files, click the right in the files ".sco" just them and put to edit with notepad ++

In my case, these are the files:

AQpT7Fv - [TUT]Editing weapons textures and add as a new item - RaGEZONE Forums

in: SNP_Vss_Snow_FPS.sco

In the "2" you will see this "Name = SNP_Vintorez_FPS" or any other name of your weapon, in my case will edit for "Name = SNP_Vss_Snow_FPS"

Like this:

2e1r7wb - [TUT]Editing weapons textures and add as a new item - RaGEZONE Forums

This name is the file name.
Now you will go down a little further to find:

hELhTGl - [TUT]Editing weapons textures and add as a new item - RaGEZONE Forums

These names vary for each weapon.
What are they?
Well it is the name of the stuff that says the name will be searched texture.

We will edit this name to:
"FPS_SNP_vss_snow"

Click "ctrl + f" and look to replace and do it with "ALL" because there are many files with the same name in other parts as well.

Will be like this:

FCHI9Lw - [TUT]Editing weapons textures and add as a new item - RaGEZONE Forums

Okay, now let's go:
SNP_Vss_Snow.sco

We will do the same thing on the second line will edit for:

SNP_Vss_Snow

And down there we will change all:

SNP_vss_snow

Just this part, we go to the second part.
Second part:
(Find and edit the materials)
What are materials?
Well, the materials serve to indicate the name of the texture that the file ".sco" will use.

You remember it the first file ".sco" the "SNP_Vss_Snow_FPS.sco" that down there had a name like "FPS_SNP_vintorez" this is the name of the material that indicates the first person texture "VSS"

And in the second the "SNP_Vss_Snow.sco" down there had "SNP_Vintorez" this is the name of the second material that we will have to edit.

in:
bin\Data\ObjectsDepot\Weapons\Materials

Find this files:

FPS_SNP_vintorez
SNP_Vintorez

And copy and paste the folder you created in "materials"

You will have the folder they:

gIiNyPi - [TUT]Editing weapons textures and add as a new item - RaGEZONE Forums

First I will change the names to:
FPS_SNP_vss_snow
SNP_Vss_Snow

Open both with notepad ++ and we will edit again!

in: SNP_Vss_Snow,mat

Edit the second line to the file name in my case is "SNP_Vss_Snow"

find:

Texture

and edit:

Texture= snp_vintorez_d.dds

"snp_vintorez_d.dds" will be the name of the texture, edit to the name you have your texture in my case will be "snp_vss_snow_d.dds"

Like this:

Tz3OB9q - [TUT]Editing weapons textures and add as a new item - RaGEZONE Forums

Now let's edit "FPS_SNP_vss_snow"

You will do the same thing the first time, but now will edit the first time to:
FPS_SNP_vss_snow
and the password for:
fps_snp_vss_snow_d.dds
Like this:
zMf1E3L - [TUT]Editing weapons textures and add as a new item - RaGEZONE Forums

I hope you are understood.

CAME TO THIRD PARTY !!!!!!!!
Let the third part:
(Find and edit textures)

First in the first material was called:
"snp_vintorez_d.dds" this is the name that will look and also had:
"fps_snp_vintorez_d.dds" come on.

In: bin\Data\ObjectsDepot\Weapons\Textures

Find the following files:

snp_vintorez_d.dds
fps_snp_vintorez_d.dds

Copy and paste the folder you created in "textures"

like this:

i6vyyW - [TUT]Editing weapons textures and add as a new item - RaGEZONE Forums

And edit the names for the name you put it in materials in the second part:
fps_snp_vss_snow_dsnp_vss_snow_d

Now we will use the "DXT1 Bitmap Manipulator"

Now follow the tutorial images:
6ihJWDu - [TUT]Editing weapons textures and add as a new item - RaGEZONE Forums

7MBnmGB - [TUT]Editing weapons textures and add as a new item - RaGEZONE Forums

TlWy1kh - [TUT]Editing weapons textures and add as a new item - RaGEZONE Forums

Now you save in any folder and edit the way you want the image and does the same with the other.

After editing pull the image in the format saved into the "DXT1 Bitmap Manipulator" and go to "file / save as / dds" texture and save your texture

Now open your db items and look for the code of "vss"

<Weapon itemID="101084" category="21" upgrade="1" FNAME="SNP_Vintorez" Weight="2500">
<Model file="Data/ObjectsDepot/Weapons/SNP_Vintorez.sco" AnimPrefix="SNP_Vintorez" muzzlerOffset.x="0" muzzlerOffset.y="0" muzzlerOffset.z="" />
<MuzzleModel file="muzzle_asr" />
<HudIcon file="$Data/Weapons/HudIcons/SNP_Vintorez.dds" />
<Store name="VSS VINTOREZ" icon="$Data/Weapons/StoreIcons/SNP_Vintorez.dds" desc="The VSS Vintorez sniper rifle was designed to fire a 9 x 39 mm round using a gas operated, rotating bolt firing system. It is designed to be effective at medium distances." LevelRequired="45" />
<PrimaryFire bullet="Sniper5.45" damage="125" immediate="false" mass="2" decay="200" speed="700" area="0" delay="0" timeout="0" numShells="0" clipSize="1" reloadTime="3" activeReloadTick="1.43" rateOfFire="200" spread="2" recoil="5" numgrenades="0" grenadename="asr_grenade" firemode="101" ScopeType="pso1" ScopeZoom="60" />
<Animation type="assault" />
<Sound shoot="Sounds/NewWeapons/Sniper/VSS_Vintorez" reload="Sounds/Weapons/ASR/ASR_Generic_Reload" />
<FPS IsFPS="1" i0="0" i1="6001" i2="3001" i3="0" i4="4002" i5="0" i6="0" i7="0" i8="0" d0="0" d1="400027" d2="0" d3="0" d4="400031" d5="0" d6="0" d7="0" d8="0" />
</Weapon>​

and edit:

FNAME="SNP_Vintorez"
<Model file="Data/ObjectsDepot/Weapons/SNP_Vintorez.sco"
<Weapon itemID="101084
"

My case:

FNAME="SNP_vss_snow"
<Model file="Data/ObjectsDepot/Weapons/SNP_Vss_Snow.sco"
<Weapon itemID="198978
"

Last code:

<Weapon itemID="198978" category="21" upgrade="1" FNAME="SNP_vss_snow" Weight="2500">
<Model file="Data/ObjectsDepot/Weapons/SNP_Vss_Snow.sco" AnimPrefix="SNP_Vintorez" muzzlerOffset.x="0" muzzlerOffset.y="0" muzzlerOffset.z="" />
<MuzzleModel file="muzzle_asr" />
<HudIcon file="$Data/Weapons/HudIcons/SNP_Vintorez.dds" />
<Store name="VSS VINTOREZ" icon="$Data/Weapons/StoreIcons/SNP_Vintorez.dds" desc="The VSS Vintorez sniper rifle was designed to fire a 9 x 39 mm round using a gas operated, rotating bolt firing system. It is designed to be effective at medium distances." LevelRequired="45" />
<PrimaryFire bullet="Sniper5.45" damage="125" immediate="false" mass="2" decay="200" speed="700" area="0" delay="0" timeout="0" numShells="0" clipSize="1" reloadTime="3" activeReloadTick="1.43" rateOfFire="200" spread="2" recoil="5" numgrenades="0" grenadename="asr_grenade" firemode="101" ScopeType="pso1" ScopeZoom="60" />
<Animation type="assault" />
<Sound shoot="Sounds/NewWeapons/Sniper/VSS_Vintorez" reload="Sounds/Weapons/ASR/ASR_Generic_Reload" />
<FPS IsFPS="1" i0="0" i1="6001" i2="3001" i3="0" i4="4002" i5="0" i6="0" i7="0" i8="0" d0="0" d1="400027" d2="0" d3="0" d4="400031" d5="0" d6="0" d7="0" d8="0" />
</Weapon>​

and find in animations:

SNP_Vintorez,Idle_SNP_Vintorez,UI_Idle_SNP_SVD,Stand_Aim_ASR_M4,Walk_Blend_ASR_M4,Walk_Aim_ASR_M4,Crouch_Blend_SNP,Crouch_Aim_ASR_M4,Run_Blend_SNP,Sprint_Blend_SNP,Reload_Walk_SNP_Vintorez,Reload_Idle_SNP_Vintorez,Reload_Crouch_SNP_Vintorez,Stand_Shooting_SNP_Vintorez,Zoom_ASR_M4_Fire,Stand_Shooting_SNP_Vintorez,Prone_Blend_ASR_M4,Prone_Aim_SNP_SVD,Reload_Prone_ASR_M4_01,Stand_Shooting_ASR_AK,Prone_Idle_SNP_SVD

Change first name for:

SNP_vss_snow

Last code:

SNP_vss_snow,Idle_SNP_Vintorez,UI_Idle_SNP_SVD,Stand_Aim_ASR_M4,Walk_Blend_ASR_M4,Walk_Aim_ASR_M4,Crouch_Blend_SNP,Crouch_Aim_ASR_M4,Run_Blend_SNP,Sprint_Blend_SNP,Reload_Walk_SNP_Vintorez,Reload_Idle_SNP_Vintorez,Reload_Crouch_SNP_Vintorez,Stand_Shooting_SNP_Vintorez,Zoom_ASR_M4_Fire,Stand_Shooting_SNP_Vintorez,Prone_Blend_ASR_M4,Prone_Aim_SNP_SVD,Reload_Prone_ASR_M4_01,Stand_Shooting_ASR_AK,Prone_Idle_SNP_SVD

that's it, I hope they can.
Leave a like and even more. If the admin wish to delete, excuse me too struggled!
I USE GOOGLE TRANSLATE

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Dont forget, if you want to use custom skinned based items within your game. You NEED to create a line of your item via Items_Weapons.

TIP: Copy and paste the original line of the item you skinned. Create a new line. Copy and paste. and change the fname. Done. :)

NOTE, this works for any type of items within the game.

NOTE, ASR's are complicated but do-able. You NEED to change/create a optic/iron site for your ASR. Using a default does NOT look correct.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
help for me Please

How do Edit this section? Add item shop icon.
Thank you very much

I do not like this
How do I make a StoreIcons like this.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Weapon turned blue how do i fix it?
Image After

Image Before putting through DXT1 Bitmap Manipulator

I Fixed it here is what it looks like now

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
"DXT1 Bitmap Manipulator" crappy program!
Use nVidia plugin in your photoshop
remember, save every in RGB explicit alpha!
I did so from the first source education, has no way better!
Remember to thank your finger does not fall!

Back