Welcome!

Join our community of MMORPG enthusiasts and private server developers! By registering, you'll gain access to in-depth discussions on source codes, binaries, and the latest developments in MMORPG server files. Collaborate with like-minded individuals, explore tutorials, and share insights on building and optimizing private servers. Join us today and unlock the full potential of MMORPG server development!

Join Today!

[Tut] How to get others within your database. (For Hamachi or such)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
~~~~~~
UPDATES
~~~~~~

ADDED MORE FAQ =D

~~~~~~~~
DOWNLOADS
~~~~~~~~

Well, This is my first guide, basically anything else posted other than the support section. I felt as if i taken enough from the Community, so i decided to give back. And this is what i created.

I was able to figure out how to get people in someone else's database. You know like, i'm hosting a server, and yet i want to let a GM in my database; yeah i figured that out! Well, this is basically all pictures and and such. But i sure hope this helps others with more updates and is able to get more work done faster with adding more shops and things like that.

This guide will work with anyone USING MySQL QUERY BROWSER & ADMINISTRATION! (If you installed the MySQL tools its the same thing)

Well first off, for other people that is going to connect to your database, you first MUST give them the program to MySQL tools. Once you have done that, tell them to install the program EXCTALLY like you have. Other wise, i dont think it will work.

Also, Before you do ANYTHING YOU MUST HAVE PORT 3306 ! Or else it will only result to errors.

After that you can actually test it yourself with your server. Just do what i did. If you have any problems post here. I will not respond to PM's. I will do my best to solve everyone's problem.

~~~~~
FAQ
~~~~~

Q: I am getting a Error 10060 (Can not connect)
A1: Either the person with the Database, does NOT Have port 3306 FORWARDED; or you are NOT using the correct IP/Username/password
A2: OR You are using the localhost for login and root for password.

Q: Do I need to have the 5.0 Server installed before i do this?!
A: No, You DO NOT need to have the 5.0 Server installed. However, you do need to have MySQL TOOLS. (Or all of the Tools)

Q: ~it dont work i get errors and yeah i have port 3306 fowarded and it still dont work~
A: Make sure the SERVER HOSTER of the MySQL has forwarded the port.

Q: now could you start a server from another computer using this, keeping the same ip that the servers usually on?
A: Simple really. However it could be VERY laggy. Its not tested but i would imigine it so. Do everything like normal in the guides on how to set up your server, But change the db.PROPERTIES. You will have to change the IP (To server host) and login details for YOU TO LOG INTO THEIR SERVER. (ill think of a better way soon.)

Q:could this allow my friend to host my server?
A: Yes. It can. However, If only one person is going to host the server, you might as well not share a connection from your comp to his comp. You should allow him to use MySQL, and you can monitor everything just by logging into MySQL to his computer.

Q:erm i still get error even portforwarded and i can't delete the account in mysql admin y?
A: Here is the simple way of fixing that, uninstall MySQL SERVER 5.0 (or what ever version) and re-install it. Then you can make another account for MySQL on your server.

Last edited:
Re: [Guide] How to get others within your database. (For Hamachi or such)

I don't know for sure, but in the second last screenshot, doesn't the double arrow take it all to the other side at once?

Nice guide. <3

Well, i think pictures are SO MUCH Better for a guide than just typing out everything. It kinda gives everyone an idea on what to look for and see what you did.

So does this how other servers get admin and such?

hey thnx for the pictures makes it easier to understand

I opened the MySQL admin but i can't login

that guide works, but when my friend tries to make me admin on his server, it won't work for me, but he can log in to my account in mysql, but When I do, it says "Can't connect to Mysql server on 'myfriendsip' (10060 )

Please help! :[
Twister1002 - [Tut] How to get others within your database. (For Hamachi or such) - RaGEZONE Forums

Twister1002 - [Tut] How to get others within your database. (For Hamachi or such) - RaGEZONE Forums

mine was working the other time but now its not working i have no idea why D:

xnguyenz, make sure you made access for him. also, MAKE SURE You allowed Port 3306

Missy8o8, Make sure the administrator is working, and also, make sure the username and password is correct.

I got the same error.

Help, please.

Back