Welcome!

Join our community of MMORPG enthusiasts and private server developers! By registering, you'll gain access to in-depth discussions on source codes, binaries, and the latest developments in MMORPG server files. Collaborate with like-minded individuals, explore tutorials, and share insights on building and optimizing private servers. Join us today and unlock the full potential of MMORPG server development!

Join Today!

[Tut] How to prevent packet editing

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'll first explain how these hacks work and then later explain how to prevent them

If you are not familiar with packet editing I'll explain it really quickly
It's basically changing information (data) send to and by the server.

What does it do?
There are few known hacks which seriously affect the game which includes:
- Meso Hack
- Equipment Hack

Meso Hack
There are two way main ways:
Via Storage (Easy way)
Via just meso gaining

The second one is already a/b (autoban) by Odin which you may be using (Titan just d/cs the user).

The first one, storage is done by sending the server when depositing money that you have certain amount of money (usually 2mil, since most hackers are just leechers). When you deposit the money the money is added to the storage and you still have the 2 million. Odin developers over saw this problem, this meso PE does not work in GMS.

How to prevent
1. Get rid of Storage
OR
2. Make Autoban

Equipment Hack
This hack is far out deadly. Most annoying hard to check hack there ever was and ever will be.
Many people think it's just getting rid of requirements for items. It's far far from that. It has evolved.
Not only there is wz edit for no lvl requirement, there is now a packet editing for putting on items over another item.

What do I mean?
Like NX. Yes like NX! You just equip over item. Not only that you can equip a weapon on your face, cap, right hand left hand, well you name it. So pretty much we r screwed right? Wrong.

How to prevent

You just need to put autoban for it. A simple check to see if they equip a certain item that they cannot equip (just do for common items, since req. for items are fixed just put a IF statement). Yes, you need to check if the equipment like a weapon is not on pplz face also.

So there it is ... What to prevent from and how to prevent from packet editing. It's just few IF statements within your server code.

Basically you need to implement simple IF statements for Auto ban.

Side note: Damage check & Vac autobans are not necessarily since that's really GM's Job. They do ban alot of innocent ppl also.

P.S. I'm making autoban for TitanMS system b4 ppl start packet editing for v59

Re: [Guide] How to prevent packet editing

This isn't needed.

It's seriously dam friggin' obvious that you need A/Bs to stop/prevent them from PE-ing.

what about skills packet editing?
i can only prevent ppl from packet editing GM skills by removing gm skills from skill maxer NPC
and make a new NPC in GM map for maxing only GMs skills.

sorry...
I just went to few websites in the advertising section and did packet editing (for testing purposes I do not 'play' maple), and all of them didn't autoban me.

I guess this was too obvious. I'm just including few packs like this PE works for. Theses are some repacks they were using for the websites I visited.
PCMaple
Sean Pack
Mixed Pack

I looked at their coding and it just had almost no security improvements from OdinMS.

I just wanted to inform ppl who were using repacks.

Another thing is that why do ppl repack if they are not gonna improve on what's really needed?
Security is utmost importance in my opinion since we do not have GG protecting from hacking. Nor is Odin coded for security like GMS.

what about skills packet editing?
i can only prevent ppl from packet editing GM skills by removing gm skills from skill maxer NPC
and make a new NPC in GM map for maxing only GMs skills.

Skill maxer is just badly coded crap.

Here's a tip: skill max what is neccessarily. When advancing to 1st job skill max for that job only and etc...
(When advancing to Fighter skill max: rage, power guard, SW/AX mastery and so on)

The problem with that is not PE it's just bad coding.
You can do that without packet editing. Just making a little script in ASM to put skills on your keyboard shortcut does that too.

Back