Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tut] Removing damage cap

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For this tutorial you need hex editor and unpacked MapleStory.exe.

Run Hex Workshop and open unpacked maplestory.exe
Press Ctrl + H to open up replace tool.

Select 32Bit Signed Long for type and put original damage cap to "find" field. For this case it is 99999
Put the damage cap that you want to "replace" field.

KilledWhale - [Tut] Removing damage cap - RaGEZONE Forums

Press "OK" and after that press "Replace all" in Replace window.
There should come pop up that says 5 occurences replaced.

Do the same as you did above but this time set type to 32 Bit Double.
This time it should find only one value and replace it.

Press Ctrl + S to save your new client and when it asks for back up choose Yes to avoid destryoing your client.

And this can be the result.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Guide] Removing damage cap

Thanks!I love your guides and releases!Very useful!But one question is it Client-Side?Or Server Sided?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hey one question.
If only one person is using the editted client and the rest are using another client with the damage cap will it be client sided or server sided?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hey one question.
If only one person is using the editted client and the rest are using another client with the damage cap will it be client sided or server sided?

Damage is calculated on client so player who has edited client can hit more than 99999 and others will see it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Ohh...Thanks!But umm one offtopic question...How can i find the ID of hyperbody i wana fix it..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hey one question.

Damage is calculated on client so player who has edited client can hit more than 99999 and others will see it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thanks man!
If changing the dmg cap is possible through the ms client, is changing other things like changing the speed or jump cap possible too?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Wow, that's like localms... they made Flashjump fly to... how cn we do that?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

nice i wonder how many other things people are going to find we can change lol (the GM's of global put up a pretty good fight saying that they are not able to lift the damage cap, that its not at all possible).

and the guy that was talking about localms, If they were able to change the client around to do that then we will also, this board has smarter people on it then local has.

(sorry for the bit of spam)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

ok nice guuide exept 1 theng

ok i donwloaded the hex workshop and the maple file
now if i edit the maple file that u posted with the hex workshop after im all done with that
how do i run my normal server files and git it workking

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

all you got to do is use the edited client to start up your game just like any other client,
im pretty sure though that if you have people playing on your server they will also need your edited client or else they will still have the cap.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I saw those values when searching in the hex, but was not sure if those were what to replace, so thanks a lot for this. =]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I saw those values when searching in the hex, but was not sure if those were what to replace, so thanks a lot for this. =]

I just searched for those values and because there were only 5 and 1 I decided to try replacing them all =]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I tried it on my own client which is set up for my IP, dropping NX, and swear filter off..It shows more than 99999 in the skills menu, but I can only do 99999 max to mobs.. Is it because I didn't use your maplestory.exe?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I tried it on my own client which is set up for my IP, dropping NX, and swear filter off..It shows more than 99999 in the skills menu, but I can only do 99999 max to mobs.. Is it because I didn't use your maplestory.exe?

I got the same problem - skills windows shows a large damage range, actual attacks still only hit max 99999.

Master Summoner
Reaction score

[^^^]then you didnt do everything in the guide.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

good guide worked well thanks :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I got the same problem - skills windows shows a large damage range, actual attacks still only hit max 99999.

I had the same first but if you read the guide it says that do the same search but put double as type.

Back