[Tutorial] Blender 101 (Advanced Techniques)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say 250 is the Max Vertics i would need for a Mastersword o,o" ...
Low Poly Ppl, Low Poly keeps the Booting (starting gunz) time low.
Also should save a lil FPS (Think of 6 dudes using 3k swords with elements, could be funny xD)
Lol, I have done the sword and it only took 300 vertices. I can keep low-poly but I never mentioned it in this tutorial.
 
Yeah, Blender ego!

I just did the sword, 244 vertices and 246 faces. Only because I used a sphere, else It'd be lower! XD
Yeah of course blender ego FTW. =P
Either way it was low-poly = win. Hopefully you modeled it properly o: (with the details.)
 
TEXTURING.
To texture, go to the grid above, and right mouse click on it. Then pick 'Split Area'.
Ryu.BZ - [Tutorial] Blender 101 (Advanced Techniques) - RaGEZONE Forums


You should see a new sortoff window. Click on the this thingy and go to UV/Image editor.
Ryu.BZ - [Tutorial] Blender 101 (Advanced Techniques) - RaGEZONE Forums

Ryu.BZ - [Tutorial] Blender 101 (Advanced Techniques) - RaGEZONE Forums


You should now see a blank/gray screen with lots of cubes in it.
At the toolbar, click on the arrows and a window will popup with the background image you've used. Click on the image.
Ryu.BZ - [Tutorial] Blender 101 (Advanced Techniques) - RaGEZONE Forums


You should now see your weapon on both screens.
Go to the first one, select all vertices in Edit Mode, click U, then click on 'Project from View'.
Ryu.BZ - [Tutorial] Blender 101 (Advanced Techniques) - RaGEZONE Forums


You should now see your selection on the UV/Image editor. Scale ( S ) and Grab ( G ) and Rotate ( R ) till the selection fits the image.
Ryu.BZ - [Tutorial] Blender 101 (Advanced Techniques) - RaGEZONE Forums


Go back to your first screen, click on the button RIGHT next to the modes button ( edit, object etc. ) and click on 'Textured'.
Ryu.BZ - [Tutorial] Blender 101 (Advanced Techniques) - RaGEZONE Forums


Your weapon is now textured! Have fun with it.
Ryu.BZ - [Tutorial] Blender 101 (Advanced Techniques) - RaGEZONE Forums



IF YOU DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THIS, SEARCH 'STYX's BLENDER TUTORIAL. IT'S EXPLAINED THERE TOO.
 
Last edited:
TEXTURING.
To texture, go to the grid above, and right mouse click on it. Then pick 'Split Area'.
Ryu.BZ - [Tutorial] Blender 101 (Advanced Techniques) - RaGEZONE Forums


You should see a new sortoff window. Click on the this thingy and go to UV/Image editor.
Ryu.BZ - [Tutorial] Blender 101 (Advanced Techniques) - RaGEZONE Forums

Ryu.BZ - [Tutorial] Blender 101 (Advanced Techniques) - RaGEZONE Forums


You should now see a blank/gray screen with lots of cubes in it.
At the toolbar, click on the arrows and a window will popup with the background image you've used. Click on the image.
Ryu.BZ - [Tutorial] Blender 101 (Advanced Techniques) - RaGEZONE Forums


You should now see your weapon on both screens.
Go to the first one, select all vertices in Edit Mode, click U, then click on 'Project from View'.
Ryu.BZ - [Tutorial] Blender 101 (Advanced Techniques) - RaGEZONE Forums


You should now see your selection on the UV/Image editor. Scale ( S ) and Grab ( G ) and Rotate ( R ) till the selection fits the image.
Ryu.BZ - [Tutorial] Blender 101 (Advanced Techniques) - RaGEZONE Forums


Go back to your first screen, click on the button RIGHT next to the modes button ( edit, object etc. ) and click on 'Textured'.
Ryu.BZ - [Tutorial] Blender 101 (Advanced Techniques) - RaGEZONE Forums


Your weapon is now textured! Have fun with it.
Ryu.BZ - [Tutorial] Blender 101 (Advanced Techniques) - RaGEZONE Forums



IF YOU DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THIS, SEARCH 'STYX's BLENDER TUTORIAL. IT'S EXPLAINED THERE TOO.

Thanks for doing it, I was to lazy to bother to do the texturing part, lol.
 
ExerCitus.
if i do that my picture will only show the blade.
Like its too big to show all.
(at the right side i talking about)
SS:
Ryu.BZ - [Tutorial] Blender 101 (Advanced Techniques) - RaGEZONE Forums

Ryu.BZ - [Tutorial] Blender 101 (Advanced Techniques) - RaGEZONE Forums
 
Last edited:
ExerCitus.
if i do that my picture will only show the blade.
Like its too big to show all.
(at the right side i talking about)
SS:
Ryu.BZ - [Tutorial] Blender 101 (Advanced Techniques) - RaGEZONE Forums

Ryu.BZ - [Tutorial] Blender 101 (Advanced Techniques) - RaGEZONE Forums
Lol wtf, it shouldn't be like that. Try re-loading the pick and zooming in (with scroll). To move around in that view use ALT (hold it).
 
Ryu, you ezpz scrub. This tut doesn't help at all.















P.S: I'm kidding, Ryu's a friend (or at least a known guy) of mine.
P.S.S: The tutorial does help, and it's great, only that I use different techniques, although I learned one technique from your video. ;)
P.S.S.S: Where did you finish this? DG forums or here at RZ?
P.S.S.S.S: I'm planning on releasing some stuff.
P.S.S.S.S.S: I'm not that active at RZ so I'll introduce myself. I'm Luizfe, DG Head Developer, how are you? (LOL, don't worry, I'm bored as hell)
 
Last edited:
Ryu, you ezpz scrub. This tut doesn't help at all.















P.S: I'm kidding, Ryu's a friend (or at least a known guy) of mine.
P.S.S: The tutorial does help, and it's great, only that I use different techniques, although I learned one technique from your video. ;)
P.S.S.S: Where did you finish this? DG forums or here at RS?
P.S.S.S.S: I'm planning on releasing some stuff.
P.S.S.S.S.S: I'm not that active at RZ so I'll introduce myself. I'm Luizfe, DG Head Developer, how are you? (LOL, don't worry, I'm bored as hell)

Hey Luizfe It's errr... Ken from DG. If you remember me?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back