[Tutorial] Enable Steamoverlay in your WarZ Client

Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
May 12, 2016
Messages
14
Reaction score
14
This simple tutorial will show you how to enable the steam overlay (SHIFT+TAB) in your WarZ Solution.

Step 1: Open your Launcher.sln.
Look for this function: static void startGame(const CUpdater& updater) in main.cpp.
Scroll down until you see this: (this can be different, depends on your source!)
Code:
sprintf(GAME_START_PARAM, "-WOUpdatedOk %s -WOLogin \"%s\"", __r3dCmdLine, token);


and change it to:
Code:
sprintf(GAME_START_PARAM, "-cmdWrz -WOUpdatedOk %s -WOLogin \"%s\" [B]-steam[/B]", __r3dCmdLine, token);

Step 2: Compile your Launcher.
Step 3: Create a new .txt file named "steam_appid".
Write "480" in it and save (you can use other game ID's at well, but I don't recommend it!)
Step 4: Save it.
Step 5: Copy your Launcher, steam_appid.txt and steam_api.dll in one folder. Then start the launcher, log in, press play game and you are able to use the steam overlay. Your friends will see you ingame (Spacewar) aswell.

Have fun with that tutorial and have a good day my friends!
If this tutorial is good, leave a like and make me fame! :P
 
Thanks for this nice tutorial , Also here is the some appids from steam

Code:
ISS Classic : [URL="https://steamdb.info/app/226700/"]226700[/URL]
[COLOR=#333333]Aftermath [/COLOR][I](Romero's Aftermath) : [/I][URL="https://steamdb.info/app/349700/"]349700[/URL]
[COLOR=#666666]

[/COLOR]
 
Thanks for this nice tutorial , Also here is the some appids from steam

Code:
ISS Classic : [URL="https://steamdb.info/app/226700/"]226700[/URL]
[COLOR=#333333]Aftermath [/COLOR][I](Romero's Aftermath) : [/I][URL="https://steamdb.info/app/349700/"]349700[/URL]



I recommend to NOT! use this. Steam will check if you have the appid in your steamaccount.
I prefer to use my appid, if you want to spent time with your steamaccount... If not, use yours.
 
I'm just sharing to others!
I understand about the code, but what is the use?
1. This Tutorial allows you to use the steamoverlay like the title says?
2. Using other AppID's like Aftermath, Infestation, etc. can result a ban through Steams Community Rules.
 
It is for my friends see me playing Steam "Infestation / Warz"?
there are risks of VAC ban?

and from what I understand, you say I can not use them AppId existing? or I have to use 226700?

Read the tutorial, dude!
I never said something of "226700". No support will be given for other steam appid's. Use "480" and follow my steps or risk your steam account. I don't care about that. And if you want to know what a 'STEAMOVERLAY' is, google it or translate it into your language.
 
Read the tutorial, dude!
I never said something of "226700". No support will be given for other steam appid's. Use "480" and follow my steps or risk your steam account. I don't care about that. And if you want to know what a 'STEAMOVERLAY' is, google it or translate it into your language.

friend, need not be thick with me, I did something that offended you.
ask just did my interest if I use which wants another AppId will ban VAC?
I know what is overlay, 12 years steam friend.
My friends see me playing steam "as" game?

Thank you
 
Your friends will see, that you play the game of the appid. If your APPID is 480, they will see you online in Spacewar.
 
Back