Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] Server administration

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Server Administration

How do I create an account?

You can use the PowerShell script in downloads or execute a query against the database manually.

Guide to create NEW USER: test / password

INSERT INTO cohauth.dbo.user_account (account, uid, forum_id, pay_stat) VALUES ('test', 1, 1, 1014);

INSERT INTO cohauth.dbo.user_auth (account, password, salt, hash_type) VALUES ('test', CONVERT(BINARY(128),'46ffce3efcfe83bfa205b076d7c2084b9dcf04cdb26f9019103cde29779d26a85216b2c0f43ba1a8fb9b7fa22f05a949bf4edc314af27629e8fc23014e77a24d'), 0, 1);

INSERT INTO cohauth.dbo.user_data (uid, user_data) VALUES (1, 0x0080C2E000D00B0C000000000CB40058);

INSERT INTO cohauth.dbo.user_server_group (uid, server_group_id) VALUES (1, 1);

You can generate different passwords with tools in the i25 source's

How do I make a GM Character?

• Update the character in the database
UPDATE [cohdb].[dbo].[Ents] SET [AccessLevel] = 11 WHERE [Name] = 'charnamehere'
  • You can also set DefaultAccessLevel to 11 in servers.cfg,

This will only work for characters made after you make this change.All characters after this change will be a GM.You'll also need to restart or reload the DBServer after this change.Login to the game and type /mmm to bring up an admin menu. While /mmm only requires AccessLevel 10 to run, some of the commands available in the menu require AccessLevel 11 to successfully execute. Most commands are also listed in Commands.cfg, which can be typed in game via chat

How do I change my server's message of the day?

Edit message.txt in the chatdb folder, it accepts basic HTML formatting tags.

How come my server says "Paragon" and how do I change it?

The name displayed in the client is dependent on the server ID in the database, not the shard's name, and corresponds to the hardcoded list below:

1. (empty server list)
  2. Paragon
  3. Cryptic
  4. Bree
  5. Undying
  6. Phoenix
  7. Rebirth
  8. Resurgence
  9. Titan
  10. Unity
  11. Torchbearer
  12. Unstoppable
  13. Perseverant
  14. Indomitable
  15. Timeless
  16. Everlasting
  17. Excelsior
  18. CoHWorldServer_17
  19. CoHWorldServer_18

• These values reside in clientmessages-en.bin in the client

Examples:

INSERT INTO cohauth.dbo.server (id, name, ip, inner_ip, ageLimit, pk_flag, server_group_id) VALUES (1, 'Paragon', '127.0.0.1', '127.0.0.1', 0, 0, 1);

INSERT INTO cohauth.dbo.worldstatus (idx, status) VALUES (1, 1);

INSERT INTO cohauth.dbo.server (id, name, ip, inner_ip, ageLimit, pk_flag, server_group_id) VALUES (2, 'Cryptic', '127.0.0.1', '127.0.0.1', 0, 0, 1);

INSERT INTO cohauth.dbo.worldstatus (idx, status) VALUES (2, 1);

How do I start Events?

Code:
In-Game you can use the following commands to start events.
/shardeventstart scriptdefs/Holiday_11_Event.scriptdef

/shardeventstart scriptdefs/Halloween_11_Event.scriptdef

/shardeventstart ScriptDefs/SpringFlingEvent.scriptdef

/shardeventstart ScriptDefs/NemesisPlotShard.scriptdef

There is also "/shardeventstop" to stop said events

How do I move characters between accounts?

SQL to move character to another account. Useful if you want to move characters created on fakeauth to an actual authserver account.SYNTAX:

UPDATE [cohdb].[dbo].[Ents] SET [AuthId] = your account id, [AuthName] = 'your account name' WHERE [Name] = 'your hero name'

EXAMPLE:

UPDATE [cohdb].[dbo].[Ents] SET [AuthId] = 1, [AuthName] = 'AccountName' WHERE [Name] = 'HeroName'

You can view characters in the database by doing:

SELECT * FROM [cohdb].[dbo].[Ents]

[h=2]Cheating[/h]
[h=3]How do I win the game?[/h]
If your character is an admin type /autoenhance, /autoenhanceio, or /autoenhanceset.You can find many of commands in

C:\COH\data\server\db\commands.cfg

You can also type /mmm, scroll down to Design Testing, EnhanceAndInspire, Enhancements, and give yourself whatever you want.

You can level the character up to level 50 with the below command
Code:
/experience_add 39149119

[h=3]How do I increase Experience Rates?[/h]
Add the following line to servers.cfg
XPScale 2.0
The number is a direct multiplier to experience gains, change it to whatever you like, and then restart the server.

Also increases influence/infamy gains.

[h=3]How do I increase drop rates of Salvage/Recipes/etc?[/h]
There is no currently known method of accomplishing this on an i25 server.

[h=3]How do I change respawn times?[/h]
There is no currently known method of accomplishing this on an i25 server.

[h=3]How do I unlock all the good medals?[/h]

1. You can give yourself any of the badge below by typing /badge_add BadgeNameHere.
    • AtlasSet (Received the Atlas Medallion) (Tourist) (Atlas Shrugged) [Adds 'The Atlas Medallion' passive power]
    • Marshal (Ex-Marshal) (Marshal) [Adds the 'Marshal' passive power]
    • DimensionalHopperSet (Portal Jockey) [Adds 'Portal Jockey' passive power]
    • BornInBattle (Born in Battle) [Adds the 'Born In Battle' passive power]
    • FreedomPhalanxSet (Freedom Phalanx Reserve Member) (Freedom Phalanx Fallen) [Adds 'Freedom Phalanx Reserve' passive power]
    • HighPainThreshold (Gotten Soft) (High Pain Threshold) [Adds 'High Pain Threshold' passive power]
    • TaskForceCommander (Task Force Commander) (Task Force Abandoner) [Adds 'Task Force Commander' passive power]
    • MayhemInvader (Return Visitor) (Invader) [Adds 'Invader' passive power]
    • Paragon (Paragon) [Unlocks 'Assemble the Team' power in the P2W Vendor under 'Prestige Powers > Travel > Teleport']
    • UnbrokenSpirit (The Unbroken Spirit) [Unlocks 'Renewal of Light' power in the P2W Vendor under 'Prestige Powers > Utility > Miscellaneous']
    • P_Relentless (Relentless) [Unlocks 'Return to Battle' power in the P2W Vendor under 'Prestige Powers > Utility > Miscellaneous']
    • InventorAccolade (Field Crafter) [Adds 'Portable Workbench' power]
    • ArchitectAccolade (Mission Engineer) [Adds 'Architect Comlink' power]
    • GoldClub (Pocket D VIP Gold Club Member) [Adds 'Pocket D VIP Pass' power]
    • CreySet (Conspiracy Theorist) [Adds the 'Crey CBX-9 Pistol' power]
    • HeadlineStealer (Yesterday's News) [Adds 'Stolen Immobilizer Ray' power]
    • RIWEAccolade (Watchwoman) [Adds 'Elusive Mind' power]
    • MagusSet (Archmage) (Arch-Mage of Agony) [Adds 'Eye of the Magus' power]
    • Demonic (Exorcised) (Demonic) [Adds 'Demonic Aura' power]
    • Megalomaniac (In Therapy) (Megalomaniac) [Adds 'Megalomaniac' power]
    • RiktiWarSet (Vanguard) [Adds 'Vanguard Medal' power]
    • GeasoftheKindOnes (Geas of the Kind Ones) [Adds 'Geas of the Kind Ones' power]
    • MayhemForceOfNature (Force of Nature) (Uninsurable) [Adds 'Force of Nature' power]

Last edited:
Back