[Tutorial] Server setup guide! (Using MSSQL2000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Guide]Server setup guide!

The name ofthe data source isn't found and there isnt given any "stuurprogramma"

add me on msn plz
 
Re: [Guide]Server setup guide!

Step3) Client side setup
just install the old client and put the kal server repack files in the right places
should be an easy job.

Ok, I installed the old client. I copied the server pack files(SolidusRePack_v2.0) to C:\Program Files\KalOnlineEng

I made my account with koam...

Then I started all the login servers and everything was fine, then the client was updating and i was like WTF? Is it suppossed to have an update? It was taking for ever so i pressed exit.

I reinstalled KalOnline and then the next time I
completely replaced the SolidusRePack_v2.0 files for the ones equivalent in the real KalOnline folder.

Now when I click on the KalOnline icon on my desktop i get this message!



Help me please, I really want a kal private server. If you could explain with more detail the "Step3) Client side setup" maybe i could get my server working.(if you explained this before or it is explained in another thread or forums just give me the link pls) Thnks very much to all :).
​



btw is client suppossed to update?
 
Re: [Guide]Server setup guide!

i have problem i do every thing like in the guide but when i start mainserver it say cant get id or item id something like this

Ok i have this problem pls help my this is my dream to be gm

Dopestar - [Tutorial]  Server setup guide! (Using MSSQL2000) - RaGEZONE Forums


Dopestar - [Tutorial]  Server setup guide! (Using MSSQL2000) - RaGEZONE Forums
 
Last edited:
Re: [Guide]Server setup guide!

i have 1 error right now its with the making the db like the auth i get this error:
Dopestar - [Tutorial]  Server setup guide! (Using MSSQL2000) - RaGEZONE Forums
<--- microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000) cannot open backup device 'c:\documents and settings\alex\desktop\solidusrepack_server2.0\database\kal_db'. device error or deviceoff-line. see the SQL server error log for more details. RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally
and this is my setup that it is im not sure if im supposed to select the auth or db one then could someone post the right spot for that and the physical path thing in the options part i know that i will have to edit for my own
Dopestar - [Tutorial]  Server setup guide! (Using MSSQL2000) - RaGEZONE Forums

^ thats setup
 
Last edited:
Re: [Guide]Server setup guide!

sorry about DP but i watched the video guide helped so much more its fixed now

going to sound like a noob but i cant seem to find how to get my friend to play and hes on lan getting the server maintenance thing i dont know what else im missing
 
Last edited:
Re: [Guide]Server setup guide!

Hello, Thanks for the guide Dopestar!!

Very helpful.


Whenever I load all the other .exe programs i need to run, I open Mainserver.exe, and it Starts loading then says "CANT GET ITEM ID"


Could you please post a quick response how to fix this?

Yes, I changed what needed to be changed in the MSS thingy.


Add me on MSN : [email protected]

 
Re: [Guide]Server setup guide!

I did help server joined all accounts, made a game but can not have it in writing Games and it is in the server
ps I failed English Version so that Sor search can be as bad for me as English Version (use an interpreter))
 
Last edited:
Re: [Guide]Server setup guide!

yay my server is working!!! no errors so far. but i still have to learn to chang exp rate and drop rate
 
Last edited:
Re: [Guide]Server setup guide!

nothing happen when i press LoginServer

I'm having the same problem. This was never answered and if any could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

And if I continue with starting the dbserver and mainserver, I get the error "Can't connect with Auth Server". The same problem pangkan92 was having in his post:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f316/guide-server-setup-guide-209151/#post1887190

I have attempted to install different repack with the same result.
 
Re: [Guide]Server setup guide!

Hello guys.
I only have one Problem. The fucking "Login.exe" will not start. Hmmm....database works and without starting the Login main wont start too. But what shall i do to start the Login.exe????
 
Re: Server setup guide!

Hello guys. I only have one Problem. Can`t srat the damn "Login.exe". I clickt on it but nothing happened. What`s the Problem??? Why nothing happend when i click on Login.exe. The Databaseserver starts and of course mainserver dont start couse of not runnnig Login. How i get start Login pls help me :*(
 
Re: [Guide]Server setup guide!

Problem1:
MainServer
Dbserver
Login

I says that I need to put in a ID and a password but I dunno what that is? can someone help me?
This is after that I clicked cancel on the login
Dopestar - [Tutorial]  Server setup guide! (Using MSSQL2000) - RaGEZONE Forums


Problem2:
I can't find that IUSR login , did I do something wrong?
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back