[TUTORIAL] Setup Server and Client EU 1.69

Joined
Mar 22, 2006
Messages
203
Reaction score
682
Hi guys! Hope you have a great New Year's Eve 2025. I made this guide for all of you to enjoy. Here you will find a tutorial for both (client-server), and the files I used, also OG files, patches and extra stuff that might be hard to find today (in the torrent file). There might be some repeated content or obsolete. This guide will get some updates for links, mirrors, step fixes or additions if some useful collaboration is given.
Guide is made for files I used. If you use OG files you will have to tinker for yourself.

To view the content, you need to sign In or register.



Server Setup Guide(EU/TW/US)​



Server-Client Files:
To view the content, you need to sign In or register.




Prerequisites
Before starting, download and install the following in your server:

  • SQL Server Express - (Choose "Custom" installation)
  • SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) - (Core components only)
  • XAMPP - (For web server)
  • DB Browser for SQLite - (For editing .db3 files, also needed in client)
  • Visual C++ Redistributables 2012 - (both x86 & x64)

.NET Framework 4.5+ is required but comes pre-installed on Windows 10/11.





USING MY VM:

Time Required: 0.5-1 hour | Tested On: Windows 10 Pro​



Vindictus Private Server - Quick Setup (Pre-configured VM)

For use with the pre-configured VM image. Only IP changes required.
This configuration is for GUEST (VM SERVER) and HOST (CLIENT GAME) are in the same PC
​




Before You Start

Get your local IP address. We'll call this YOUR_IP.

  1. Open Command Prompt
  2. Type ipconfig
  3. Look for IPv4 Address (e.g., 192.168.1.100)

Tip: Set a static IP so it doesn't change.



SERVER (VM)​


To view the content, you need to sign In or register.



FROM SCRATCH WITH MY FILES:

Time Required: 2-3 hours | Tested On: Windows 10 Pro​



Important: Get Your Server IP Address


You will need your LAN IP address throughout this guide. Remember it!.

To find it:
  1. Open Command Prompt
  2. Type ipconfig
  3. Look for IPv4 Address (e.g., 192.168.1.100)

Tip: If hosting on a VM or dedicated server, set a static IP so it doesn't change.

Note: When speaking of IPs I will refer to LOCALHOST (127.0.0.1), LAN(e.g., 192.168.1.200) or WAN(e.g., 142.7.123.34).



To view the content, you need to sign In or register.


Extras and Fixes:

(thx j84c3)
(thx memvoicam)

(thx extazy20)

Troubleshooting
  • Enable SQL Server Authentication mode in SSMS (Server Properties > Security)
  • Verify SA password matches config files
  • Enable the SA account: Security > Logins > sa > Properties > Status > Login: Enabled

  • Verify SQL Server service is running
  • Check TCP/IP is enabled in SQL Configuration Manager
  • Confirm port 1433 is set in IPAll

Run the PowerShell commands in Step 8.

  • Verify EndPoint.txt file is configured with LAN/WAN ip
  • Verify hosts file is configured correctly on client
  • Check Windows Firewall isn't blocking connections
  • Confirm IP is correct in all config files

Guide compiled by ArtykWolf. Based on community contributions and my own.

Enjoy your server!
​
 
Last edited:
Wow.. Man...
I was thinking the exact same thing - making a complex tutorial like this once I'd solved a few problems with client/server and others, and you beat me to it!
"Thanks" is definitely an understatement. I'll try to twopenn'orth to this topic when I find some time :)
 
Wow.. Man...
I was thinking the exact same thing - making a complex tutorial like this once I'd solved a few problems with client/server and others, and you beat me to it!
"Thanks" is definitely an understatement. I'll try to twopenn'orth to this topic when I find some time :)
Feel free to do your own version tho. You might get a better, simpler way than mine.
Also feel free to use the links/files I shared, and if you can, mirror/seed them!

Happy new year!
Cheers.
 
whats different about your version of vindictus? considering just replacing my files with yours
 
whats different about your version of vindictus? considering just replacing my files with yours
Server wise: It has a "ServicesHostname.txt" so you can modify what IP is taken for Core.dll (this solves some issues with people trying to join a channel or host a boat from outside your network). So you can easily change IPs for that. (You can read more about it HERE )
Also It has a modified PvpServices.dll, which... I honestly dont remember, I think it had some extra logging because I tried to make it work for PvP. Thing is, PvP Arena works (or worked, didnt try this time), at least in Win 10 without VM (server running in "host" OS)

Feel free to try it, make a backup for yourself.
 
Last edited:
ArtykWolf - [TUTORIAL] Setup Server and Client EU 1.69 - RaGEZONE Forums
좋은


아르 자형
 
Thanks for the guide write up!
Trying the "From scratch" one, but yeah, seems like there's no ready EndPoint.txt and ShopList.aspx.
Also the start.bat is missing (might be more than just that one) in client folder.
 
Back