• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[TV] Merlin Cancelled!

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
After five years, Merlin is about to bite the dust. Despite hopes that the series would be renewed for a sixth year, it has been announced that the show will wrap up with a two-part story at Christmas. There may be films or spin-offs after that, which could either continue the story or reboot it completely, but that's beside the point. Merlin as we know it won't be coming back, and I for one am quite upset.

Full Story

Reaction score
Re: Merlin Cancelled!

Merlin was canceled because the dude who played Arthur wasn't going to come back and continue while the producers also said they were going to do 5 series, but this year they said they could have dragged it out for another 5 years if they really wanted to. Glad they didn't drag it on, would have been like Waterloo Road, repeating same story lines again and again. But sad to see it go. Great show.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score

Awwh not another great show that is stopping, it had a great storyline and it was quite unique and i don't know many shows which has this type of storyline. I hope there will be a movie. Its is sad to see it go.

change my name already!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

the bromance between merlin and arthur was getting way too gay and creepy. the show was dying, after an avid supporter for 4 years, i've barely even touched it this season. glas it's going out on a high though, great show.

Reaction score

Merlin should have come out a few seasons ago. It's beyond stupid now that Arthur hasn't called him out on it. The sheer amount of times enemy weapons have flown out of their hands, if I were Arthur I'd be thinking I had magic by this point. Though that would be pretty hilarious if Arthur confessed to having magic to Merlin, saying he thinks he keeps making everyone drop their weapons. It's totally gotten stale now really, every week it's someone magic does something, Arthur declares war on magic again, magic person almost wins, Merlin saves day. Hell, all Merlin needs to do to get magic back in the kingdom is to list all the times it's saved Arthur's life.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a spin off set like 10 years in future where Merlin has told Arthur and become part of Arthurs council. Have them at war with a few kingdoms but Arthur doesn't leave Camelot (seriously how often did Uther leave? Kings going on skirmishes is retarded!). Add in more points of view so it isn't just Camelot good everyone else evil. Basically take some pointers from Game of Thrones. Also add in some stuff from the American version, like magic having a cost. That would limit its use from a solve all to extreme cases only, and have Merlin serve more as a physician like Gaius does now.

That is what I would have done when Uther left personally. It would have kept it fresh rather than the "Morgana's done it again!" we have now.

Reaction score

I just saw the finale...all I've gotta say is.
duck THIS crappy butt Ducking ENDING RIGHT IN IT'S HUGE Ducking idiot WHY DID I EVEN WATCH THIS Ducking poop - 5 SEASONS OF BUILD UP JUST TO FUCKIN SEE MERLIN FAIL AT ALL HE HAD TO DO FOR 5.Ducking.SEASONS. YOU HAD 1 JOB MERLIN
Needless to say I died a little inside

Reaction score

I just saw the finale...all I've gotta say is.
duck THIS crappy butt Ducking ENDING RIGHT IN IT'S HUGE Ducking idiot WHY DID I EVEN WATCH THIS Ducking poop - 5 SEASONS OF BUILD UP JUST TO FUCKIN SEE MERLIN FAIL AT ALL HE HAD TO DO FOR 5.Ducking.SEASONS. YOU HAD 1 JOB MERLIN
Needless to say I died a little inside

What you on about? He succeeded in his mission, that was what the dragon even stated. His destiny was achieved, the round circle etc was created and they won a war against impossible odds (most likely making Camelot the most powerful kingdom in the land from that point onward). Gwen knows that one of her and Arthurs best friends was a Sorcerer, and so will most likely allow magic, since she has nothing really against magic anyway.

My personal issue is that it was the end tbh. This should have been the finale for like last season. Have Mordred mortally wounded, but not showing him die so leaving him open to come back eventually to kill Arthur. Morgana should have been beaten, but alive, and she goes off to find more power for a few seasons. Arthur should have been seriously wounded enough for him never to go into battle again, and just become a proper king, with Merlin as his council. Essentially wipe out the last like 30min would have made a fantastic season finale and a great setup for more series, greatly progressing the story which is what has been lacking imo for ages now.

As soon as I saw Glastonbury Tor I rolled my eyes. I know there's the once and future king bit, but lets be honest, the UK has been through some poop. I think I would have taken a picture of famous past leaders, and just have Merlin in the background to make him look like he is still giving advice to the UK leaders. Churchill with Merlin is totally going to have fanfics written about it! WW1, civil wars, there are many times where we needed a leader to help unite us. If they wanted to end it in the future, I'd have gone with recent past, and left the opening for the future too.

When Gaius told Gwen about Merlin, did anyone else have the thought of her ordering his and Merlin's execution. That would have been the funniest ending ever, like totally just go the darkest comedy on the BBC. Someone with video editting skills totally needs to edit Gwen ordering that women's death to be just after when Gaius tells her, iirc it would totally work. Then maybe Arthur stabbing someone with Merlin getting hurt. The end! hahahaha

Reaction score

Arthur death is a failure on Merlin's part, remember, the whole point of it in the past seasons was to save Arthur's life, they never once though of making his successor more lenient towards magic, then in the last 10 minutes of the season finale they drop that stupid idea. For me it killed the purpose of the whole series. But I guess each and every one of us looks for something else in every series.
But I also agree they could have played the part of current time Merlin way better.

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I loved Merlin, easily one of the best shows I've ever followed but that episode was the worst episode I had ever watched, In the end when we saw Merlin walking past the lake that Arthur had died in modern times as a homeless man that just depressed me and ruined the 5 seasons that I had watched, BBC you had a great show there but like always you can never end a show without ruining it.

And Merlin killed Morgana with a sword, I thought with an enemy that has been an enemy for 2 seasons she would have given much more of a fight, and Morgana torturing Gwaine, that has never happened before.

Completely ruined the entire show for me.

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I loved Merlin, easily one of the best shows I've ever followed but that episode was the worst episode I had ever watched, In the end when we saw Merlin walking past the lake that Arthur had died in modern times as a homeless man that just depressed me and ruined the 5 seasons that I had watched, BBC you had a great show there but like always you can never end a show without ruining it.

And Merlin killed Morgana with a sword, I thought with an enemy that has been an enemy for 2 seasons she would have given much more of a fight, and Morgana torturing Gwaine, that has never happened before.

Completely ruined the entire show for me.

I think it just means that he is walking around with no purpose and cannot forgive himself because he couldn't save Arthur.

Reaction score

I think it just means that he is walking around with no purpose and cannot forgive himself because he couldn't save Arthur.

No, Merlin is immortal ("he always was and always will be"), and is still waiting for the time Arthur needs him again, as Arthur is the once and future king. It makes sense to ground it in reality, it's just I disagree with when they moved it into the future, specifically current times.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I only started picking up on Merlin this year and I have to say it's been pre' good. Wish I stuck around from the beginning =P

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I only started picking up on Merlin this year and I have to say it's been pre' good. Wish I stuck around from the beginning =P

Yeah, You never saw the ruthless pre-Arthur ruler haha, watch it from the beginning, I guarantee if you liked this season (certainly wasn't Merlins best season) you will love the other 4.

I WANT MERLIN BACK!

Subscriber and Mod!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! When I heard the news of my friend, I was soooo disappointed, yeah I'm still halfway through season 5...BUTTT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score

OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! When I heard the news of my friend, I was soooo disappointed, yeah I'm still halfway through season 5...BUTTT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If you value Merlin do not watch the final two episodes, I HATE THEM!!! The last two completely ruined the entire show for me.

MERLIN COME BACK!

Subscriber and Mod!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

If you value Merlin do not watch the final two episodes, I HATE THEM!!! The last two completely ruined the entire show for me.

MERLIN COME BACK!
Alright thanks for the heads up!! they have to randomly end it with some "werid" ending

Reaction score

Alright thanks for the heads up!! they have to randomly end it with some "werid" ending

I thought it was one of the better endings to a TV show that I've seen. People are just upset its over.

Seriously, it's like a billion times better than the LOST ending. It reminded me a bit of the BSG ending, only without the random angel poop.

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I thought it was one of the better endings to a TV show that I've seen. People are just upset its over.

Seriously, it's like a billion times better than the LOST ending. It reminded me a bit of the BSG ending, only without the random angel poop.

Ugg I hated the Lost ending too, even though I loved the show I hated it when they started the mystical poop, I loved it way better when they were scared of the others and were on the beach, if they had a war with the others it would have made it 10x better, but unfortunately there was 2 - 3 seasons of random events.

Back