Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[TV] The Walking Dead [Spoilers!]

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: [TV] The Walking Dead Season 3

I have to say this episode was an awesome change of pace....I have a bad memory so when Morgan showed up at forst..I was just like "That guy looks familiar!" It took me a few minutes to remember who he was.

I'm soooo happy Michonne is going to become a permenant part of the group.

Carl is becoming a little Daryl...awesome.

In the previews it shows Andrea suckering Rick into walking straight into the Governors grasp alone...Can anyone say Lori? witch..

Old Time Member
Reaction score

i really feel sad for that hitchhiker... omg :(

1/11/1995 ~ 23/11/2011
Loyal Member
Reaction score

This episode made it up for the last one, the ep.11 was so bad I didn't bother to write a review lol. Anyway, this was the best episode on season 3 so far, all the flashbacks and emotion it gives you, it's genius. I hoped Morgan would join the ricktatorship as he would have been a good solid soldier for them, but hey, he's gotta clear.
Although I felt bad for the hitchiker left behind, the bag scene was quite funny :D:

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I think the hitchhiker was just a reminder to us....that in this world only the strong and smart survive.

I mean the guy is an idiot....screaming at the top of his lungs...drawing every walker in the area to him....

It was inevitable.

1/11/1995 ~ 23/11/2011
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I think the hitchhiker was just a reminder to us....that in this world only the strong and smart survive.

I mean the guy is an idiot....screaming at the top of his lungs...drawing every walker in the area to him....

It was inevitable.

Yeah good point, he WAS drawing attention, and it gave the image that for survival, you gotta be strong and face such things

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score

Robert Kirkman talks about season three's standout episodes thus far .

Spoilers for "Clear" within. You've been warned.

Reaction score

Just watched it again; its nice to see Carl getting on with Michonne - finally someone gets along with her, seems like she is a mother figure and Carl will rely on her a little more.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

[.spoiler]

[./spoiler]

Jeez...whats so difficult about that?

Reaction score

I cba to re-write my review so - I got one from another website which explains it, mostly in my opinion as well!

Fan of The Walking Dead have long awaited the meeting between the leaders of this show's two opposing sides, Rick (Andrew Lincoln) and the Governor (David Morrissey), and this week, it finally happens on neutral turf - away from Woodbury and the prison.

I felt a palpable sense of excitement when the showdown finally occurred on-screen, following a deliberately-paced opening sequence designed to tease the viewer - it's a real 'butterflies in the stomach' moment.

© AMC / Gene Page
The Walking Dead S03E13: 'Arrow on the Doorpost'

With Andrea (Laurie Holden) as moderator, Rick is initially willing to negotiate, but the Governor will accept one only deal - the prison gang's complete and unquestioning surrender.

Like last week's episode, 'Arrow on the Doorpost' is another fantastic showcase for British acting talent - Lincoln and Morrissey both excel as Rick and the Governor pick at each other, with the frazzled former cop coming off worse than the swaggering, self-appointed dictator.

But as the back-and-forth continues, 'Arrow' also humanises the Governor more than any episode since 'Made to Suffer' - he talks of his past and even admits to moments of doubt and guilt. I'd considered the character's transformation into a brutal and merciless villain now complete, so it's a surprise - though not an unwelcome one - to see more layers added here.

© AMC / Gene Page

Of course, the Governor still has a villainous streak a mile deep and demands that Rick hand over Michonne (Danai Gurira) - the woman who took his eye - to guarantee the safety of the other prison inmates.

Rick has been on the defensive throughout and for now he appears to be considering going along with the trade, but has the Governor made a mistake in showing his cards? Now that Rick knows what his enemy wants more than anything, he has an edge that he didn't have before.

It'll be interesting to see if Rick does have what it takes to fend off the forces of Woodbury or if - as previous episodes have implied - he will crumble and another will be forced to take up his post.

© AMC / Gene Page

Back at the prison, the remaining survivors are on tenterhooks, with Glenn (Steven Yeun) struggling to assume dominance over Merle (Michael Rooker), who's straining at the leash. When it comes to compromise, they fare even worse than the Governor and Rick - tearing strips off each other verbally and very nearly physically.

While Merle attempts to forge an unlikely alliance with Michonne, the slow-burning arc of awkward resentment that's been bubbling away between Glenn and Maggie (Lauren Cohan) comes to a satisfying and *steamy* conclusion - a ray of light in an otherwise bleak episode.

© AMC / Gene Page

"Save the bullets for the real threat," Andrea warns early on this week, but are the walkers the real threat? The human menace that's become the focus of this third season - chiefly personified by the Governor - is almost more terrifying. When you're this invested in the people, you almost don't need the zombies.

In many ways, this very human Walking Dead outing resembles last week's exemplary 'Clear' - it offers intense character drama and, for those who need it, the occasional lashing of comic-book gore, anchored by a two-hander from two superb UK actors. And like last week's offering, 'Arrow on the Doorpost' is absolutely fantastic.

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score

I know its not related to the Movie Section. But theres only 6 days until The Walking Dead Survival Instinct Game!!!! Hopefully Amazon deliver it the day before the release date, like they do with a lot of pre-orders. :blushing:

Reaction score

I know its not related to the Movie Section. But theres only 6 days until The Walking Dead Survival Instinct Game!!!! Hopefully Amazon deliver it the day before the release date, like they do with a lot of pre-orders. :blushing:

Not gunna get it, I think it is gunna ruin what we already have :/!

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score

Ill have look on Youtube when its out but thats probably all :L!

Here.

Someone's uploaded some gameplay. :):

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score

So, what'd yall think of the latest ep? lol

I was all like Hell yeah! When Andrea made it to the prison. Then BAM, the governor. Totally didn't see that coming.

When she got to the prison I was thinking, yes she's finally here, but then The Governor came along and grabbed her. Sadly Rick didn't see either.

Reaction score

Good episode! It is like one of those previous Walking Dead episodes, where they actually use Zombies to scare us... Not as a prop. I really enjoyed it! Can't wait for the next 2 episodes!!!

Reactions: Jax
Back