Ultimate Frisbee

Junior Spellweaver
Joined
Jul 26, 2010
Messages
183
Reaction score
16
I recently joined my school's Ultimate Frisbee team and ever since then i can't seem to get enough of this sport. I've joined a summer league close by and have been playing daily. It seems that Ultimate has become much more popular all throughout the USA. I was wondering, does anyone here play Ultimate?
 
I fucking love ultimate!

We have games every Monday. What started as just a few of us playing a few years ago has grown to over 50 people playing. We have to break it up into 3-5 different games going at the same time.

A few years ago we would play all day, then all night in a parking lot. Let me tell you, it's a whole different game when you're playing on concrete. It gets pretty physical. I've dislocated my right shoulder/tore my right rotator cuff/ and broken a few fingers. Other friends have had broken fingers, a broken colar bone, and plenty of concussions. Needless to say our local ER was wondering why all of us kids kept saying, "We were playing frisbee" when they asked us what happened haha. Pretty sure they thought we were in a gang, or started a fight club.


I'd also like to add that I hate cross country runners. They never get tired....Ever.
 
Last edited:
Well I think you're both wrong. Playing "frisbee" and ultimate frisbee are two totally different things.

Your statements lead me to believe that you've never even seen/played Ultimate before... In which case, you should have no say in commenting what so ever.

This.

We played Ultimate Frisbee quite frequently in my Phys. Ed. class on Fridays. Love playing it, tons of fun. Its actually one of the first things I've seen most of the girls eager to play in gym. Aside from a few of us who've always actively participated since elementary lol. (Our phys ed classes are segregated based on gender in highschool.)

We pretty much spent a few days learning the rules, techniques, throws etc. (You would be surprised at how many people didn't even know how to throw a Frisbee regularly, let alone be able to do any other throws.) From there we played it for a few classes, then that's all we wanted to do on Friday Misc. Days :p
 
Last edited:
I fucking love ultimate!

We have games every Monday. What started as just a few of us playing a few years ago has grown to over 50 people playing. We have to break it up into 3-5 different games going at the same time.

A few years ago we would play all day, then all night in a parking lot. Let me tell you, it's a whole different game when you're playing on concrete. It gets pretty physical. I've dislocated my right shoulder/tore my right rotator cuff/ and broken a few fingers. Other friends have had broken fingers, a broken colar bone, and plenty of concussions. Needless to say our local ER was wondering why all of us kids kept saying, "We were playing frisbee" when they asked us what happened haha. Pretty sure they thought we were in a gang, or started a fight club.


I'd also like to add that I hate cross country runners. They never get tired....Ever.

I would fall under the category of a cross country runner haha

I do not prefer playing on concrete. It physical play part of concrete playing is fun at times but when I see a Frisbee in the air I go after it and sometimes forget that I'm playing on Concrete and lay out for it. Then realizing how stupid that was as I go get stitches in my chin. Grass is much nicer to land on.

Personally, I think it is just an excuse for people to relive their childhood dream of playing frisbee in the park.

That may be the case for some people who play. But if you were to get 14 or so individuals who are passionate about ultimate and play it often it's totally different and can be very intense.
 
Back