Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Unnamed Emulator 0.62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It has been sometime since I login to this forum and actually posted something guessing lurking around is still in my blood anyway I been developing 0.62 emulator using XiuzSource while there is nothing so special about it, I have fixed some bugs and added some gms npcs scripts to make it global alike, while this may not interesting to some of you at all, my overall exception is to continue the odinms emulator the only reason why I picked 0.62 cause today game play It is terrible there are like miracle cubes, potential scroll and more then 30 over jobs.. It has become quite terrible in terms of game play horntail and zakum can easily be defeated in barely 20 secs.

anyway the goal is understand how server emulator works in general and not to replace or compete with any services by nexon corporation

we cant stop anyone how they choose to use this software and neither will me or anyone who contribute to the source be held responsible for your action. This decision is final

also as this is a fork of odin emulator there is no warranty

Q. is this illegal ?

A. if you plan to run a server It is illegal as far as I know odin developers wrote this by clean room design and pretty was sued cause of their client and the patent of the .wz format. as we are not running a server and not using the .wz format

Q. how are you going to get packets as far as I know there is only IDB which is illegal?

A. there have been tons of source released with packets in them we have to do some searching from this sources and trial and error to get it working there will be no reversing be done to keep this in the legal means

Q. ok how do I contribute ?

A. the svn will be up soon.

Q. will there be a forum or something ?

A. at this point we are still discussing about this maybe just a plain forum without any images or anything related to nexon in the future again to keep this in the legal means

svn link : soon
trac link : soon

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well it can be quite complicated I have to recode certain stuff, as certain stuff is either wrong or inaccuracy to start of with anyway thanks if anyone want help me out you can sent me a pm over here.

Reaction score
Q. is this illegal ?

A. if you plan to run a server It is illegal as far as I know odin developers wrote this by clean room design and pretty was sued cause of their client and the patent of the .wz format. as we are not running a server and not using the .wz format

I thought you releasing this was illegal. o-o

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
also as this is a fork of odin emulator there is no warranty

lmao what, no one cares about a fork of odinms in 2014, get it right

Q. is this illegal ?

this is a development thread, no one gives a poop

Q. how are you going to get packets as far as I know there is only IDB which is illegal?

lmao what

Q. ok how do I contribute ?

A. the svn will be up soon.

no one will contribute

Q. will there be a forum or something ?

A. at this point we are still discussing about this maybe just a plain forum without any images or anything related to nexon in the future again to keep this in the legal means

the point of a q&a is to have answers to questions that might be asked. the questions you listed here are all completely irrelevant and I'd laugh at anyone asking any of these questions.

And lol what, a forum, what the duck u need a forum for?

svn link : soon
trac link : soon

Why not use the superior alternative github?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

lmao what

no one will contribute

the point of a q&a is to have answers to questions that might be asked. the questions you listed here are all completely irrelevant and I'd laugh at anyone asking any of these questions.

This is why people no longer make contributions in this sub board anymore. The poor guy is trying to work on a project and share his work with the community. If you think it's worthless and a waste of his time, great then hope you stop coming to this thread. However, he feels it is a good project to work on and there is NOTHING wrong with him sharing his findings and work throughout the course of his journey.

tl;dr Stop knocking people's poop and either make constructive contributions to the forum or GTFO.

BloopBloop
Reaction score
This is why people no longer make contributions in this sub board anymore. The poor guy is trying to work on a project and share his work with the community. If you think it's worthless and a waste of his time, great then hope you stop coming to this thread. However, he feels it is a good project to work on and there is NOTHING wrong with him sharing his findings and work throughout the course of his journey.

tl;dr Stop knocking people's poop and either make constructive contributions to the forum or GTFO.

Your post is not a "constructive contributions to the forums", so please GTFO.

Reaction score

Actually, oxysoft's posts kindly described to him the sad truth about both maple development and "revival" maple development. Some people, like you, an owner of a v.62 nostalgic server can't accept it so they're flipping tables over anyone who has the guts to say anything.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

lmao what

no one will contribute

firstly let me make you understand something, you don't come into someone thread and write irreverent stuff, I don't know who you are and neither do I want to know who are you if someone want to contribute they will contribute this isn't something you should be unhappy about unless it is affecting you somehow which I don't see how it does.

so what's the issue dude? you hate odinms? you hate that it is written in java? or you hate that I'm actually working on it?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Lol thread

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
v62 is boring
why do people work on it all of a sudden
Version from v62-present are boring. Deal with it.

I suggest to use github instead of SVN. It's much better.

Good luck

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Actually, oxysoft's posts kindly described to him the sad truth about both maple development and "revival" maple development. Some people, like you, an owner of a v.62 nostalgic server can't accept it so they're flipping tables over anyone who has the guts to say anything.

It has NOTHING to do with not accepting. It has everything to do with simply being constructive. The post was not kind, but rather for the most part mocking the guy trying to make a more "professional" appearance in his thread kickoff. Now, I agree with oxy in that I think the OP is shooting and aiming a bit too high and hasn't really made any progress that would warrant him yet making this thread, but at the same time, that does not call for "shooting down" this enthusiastic developer.

I'm not flipping tables whatsoever, and I think that is quite an exaggeration. I'm simply reminding oxy of the old adage "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Reaction score
It has NOTHING to do with not accepting. It has everything to do with simply being constructive. The post was not kind, but rather for the most part mocking the guy trying to make a more "professional" appearance in his thread kickoff. Now, I agree with oxy in that I think the OP is shooting and aiming a bit too high and hasn't really made any progress that would warrant him yet making this thread, but at the same time, that does not call for "shooting down" this enthusiastic developer.

I'm not flipping tables whatsoever, and I think that is quite an exaggeration. I'm simply reminding oxy of the old adage "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all."

I agree oxysoft could've said these things in a kinder way, but still, it doesn't change the fact that is post is true. Not every comment on a development thread has to be a "constructive feedback". oxysoft simply told him the sad truth which will make him rethink about this kind of project.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
For the most part, public maplestory development is dead. As it was multiple years ago, Kevin is the only (public) developer that's worth a damn anymore. Most other things are simply leaks and/or small fixes. This could be a good addition, however, it will not bring back development.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

i don't think you understand, software development is not for the weak, this poop is a Ducking war. we spend time writing good quality code to meet the needs of an ever growing market, not to compliment each other like a Ducking royality wine drinking faggot

firstly let me make you understand something, you don't come into someone thread and write irreverent stuff, I don't know who you are and neither do I want to know who are you if someone want to contribute they will contribute this isn't something you should be unhappy about unless it is affecting you somehow which I don't see how it does.

so what's the issue dude? you hate odinms? you hate that it is written in java? or you hate that I'm actually working on it?

you completely dodged everything I addressed

and odinms is completely irrelevant in 2014 for its horrible design decisions and its code covered in 7 layers of dust

Kevin is the only (public) developer that's worth a damn anymore.

lmao lmao lmao lmao

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
and odinms is completely irrelevant in 2014 for its horrible design decisions and its code covered in 7 layers of dust
I would say the greater majority of servers online right now are OdinMS forks. I guess the majority cares then? I mean, you can go around and make an emulator in Groovy by using nearly all of someone else's source code; but, who does that?

Q&A can be whatever the author thinks the audience wants to know about his/her project. You have no right in dictating this.

Because the author has the freedom of choice in the matter.

mapletalk.net

i don't think you understand, software development is not for the weak, this poop is a Ducking war. we spend time writing good quality code to meet the needs of an ever growing market, not to compliment each other like a Ducking royality wine drinking faggot
I literally slapped my head in real life while reading this. You have to understand that taking yourself too seriously is not good especially on a forum dedicated to emulating a game for children. I can further prove this assertion about the current demographic of MapleStory by pointing towards the extreme chat filters in place on GlobalMS.

You also have the ability to change the way the public scene (aka this "war" you are so adamant about existing) is viewed by breaking the cyclical nature of the section and promoting new development by being a mentor rather than a cynical jerk.

In closing, I am not going to ask you to leave constructive criticism: we both know you are incapable of doing that to some degree. However, I would appreciate it if you did not talk out of your butt to people who may actually be interested in doing public projects.

Regards,
BlackRabbit

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I would say the greater majority of servers online right now are OdinMS forks. I guess the majority cares then? I mean, you can go around and make an emulator in Groovy by using nearly all of someone else's source code; but, who does that?

Q&A can be whatever the author thinks the audience wants to know about his/her project. You have no right in dictating this.

let's all stick with windows, a broken and unstable os, because it's established and popular

and I did not 'use nearly all of someone else's code', and groovy is a superior language in comparison to Java, leveraging the enterprise capabilities of the jvm and with a clean and modern programming language grammar/syntax

hes Q&A remains poop and that's what I pointed out

Because the author has the freedom of choice in the matter.

that doesn't make it any more right

I literally slapped my head in real life while reading this. You have to understand that taking yourself too seriously is not good especially on a forum dedicated to emulating a game for children. I can further prove this assertion about the current demographic of MapleStory by pointing towards the extreme chat filters in place on GlobalMS.

You also have the ability to change the way the public scene (aka this "war" you are so adamant about existing) is viewed by breaking the cyclical nature of the section and promoting new development by being a mentor rather than a cynical jerk.

In closing, I am not going to ask you to leave constructive criticism: we both know you are incapable of doing that to some degree. However, I would appreciate it if you did not talk out of your butt to people who may actually be interested in doing public projects.

i did leave criticism, I told him the Q&A was dumb and crappy, there is nothing else to criticize so far. I'm not gonna sugar coat everything, this isn't kindergarten. Programming is like in the army; we have to push good quality code and give harsh criticism. I give harsh criticism to people i talk too such as rajan, gil, justin, pat, pyrous, etc. and they appreciate it so grow the duck up

Regards,
BlackRabbit

What is this, a love letter? Quit the formal shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back