• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Upgrading Ubercms 1 to UberCMS 2.0

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was curious to know what steps i need to take to upgrade my UberCMS to UberCMS 2. I was researching how to force index voting, and then realized that my CMS was copyrighted back in 2010. The CMS works fine, but I feel it is time for a much needed upgrade. I assume I can do a fresh install and then just drop my template files over it? The database is at its newest version from Phoenix.

Thanks,
Jack

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Run the upgrade sql, replace the old cms with the new, and connect it to your database.
Simple.
Ok. But I'm wanting to keep my customized index and templates. Those should work ok with the new core of the cms?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
You can only try when it comes to your templates. Just give it a go.

Also, before you upgrade, make sure you have a good database backup in-case something doesn't work! Then you can go back to Uber1 and try again.

Upvote 0
Back