Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Use MySQL Database in Ran Online

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Good day, I'm new here, I just wanna ask if it is possible to change the database from sql to mysql in ran online?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It is possible but you need to change all MSSQL engines in the source and then convert the database to MySQL.
Why do you want to use MySQL when ran source is purely made for Microsoft products?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you for responding my thread, I want to use mysql because, mysql is cheaper than mssql, I mean, mssql is in vps but mysql is in web hosting

I think the most important in running a server like ran is the database

Reaction score
There are plenty of stored procedures that are highly dependent on mssql itself.
if your main reason why you would rather choose mysql is just for "cheaper" rates, sqlexpress is free., there is no charge at all for using this. and if you'll use a web hosting version of mysql that comes built in in cPanel shared hosting site, ran have plenty of database transactions every second so it's evident that it won't survive.

Back