v83 setup issue unknown?

Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
Jan 16, 2010
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Hi all, been a while. Just setup a v83 server today.

Everything works, I can login through localhost and play the game. Issue is when I place my IP into the localhost.exe, it throws a firewall error.

I have portfowarded 8484, 7575-7577. I even turned off my firewall on my PC for now.

I even used to check if the ports are pinging correct. They are all open. When I ping it, it even shows up in the server log.

But when I open the localhost, with my public IP, it doesn't even ping into the server log.

What do you think is the issue? Only thing I can think of, is my router has some sort of hidden firewall? Doesnt make sense because I portforwarded lol.
 
Hi all, been a while. Just setup a v83 server today.

Everything works, I can login through localhost and play the game. Issue is when I place my IP into the localhost.exe, it throws a firewall error.

I have portfowarded 8484, 7575-7577. I even turned off my firewall on my PC for now.

I even used to check if the ports are pinging correct. They are all open. When I ping it, it even shows up in the server log.

But when I open the localhost, with my public IP, it doesn't even ping into the server log.

What do you think is the issue? Only thing I can think of, is my router has some sort of hidden firewall? Doesnt make sense because I portforwarded lol.
Is IP Public oh Local?
 
Upvote 0
Have you set up a loopback adapter? (assuming that you're hosting on your computer)
 
Upvote 0
Back