Welcome!

Join our community of MMORPG enthusiasts and private server developers! By registering, you'll gain access to in-depth discussions on source codes, binaries, and the latest developments in MMORPG server files. Collaborate with like-minded individuals, explore tutorials, and share insights on building and optimizing private servers. Join us today and unlock the full potential of MMORPG server development!

Join Today!

Vana Installation Wizard (Rev 797)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I dont know how much of help this will be but here goes:

Heres a Vana Setup wizard that installs vana for you! No need to get tortoise svn and boost librarys!

This installers has vana in it with the following characteristics (I really dont know how to say it):

Boost Librarys(Pre-installed so you don't need to!)
Already built
Rev 797
Everything is working (Besides the fact that you need to edit the configuration files lol)
Clean build (No modifications! Erased vana folder recopyed from the svn server (trunk) and built!)

Hope this comes in handy (i dunno if it will)

PS: I'll update this about every 30-50 ( it depends how much people want it and if people want it or not)

PSS: It even comes with an uninstaller! :D

PSSS: This does not create the database for you!

Final Note: This is .58 and does not support .55!

Change Log:

1. Changed .sample files to .lua to prevent confusion

2. Made installer install to C:\Vana and added readme.txt

3. Made "Server Start" .cmd file for quick starting of the server

Bugs:

1. ReadMe says to navigate to C:\Program Files\Vana when you have to navigate to C:\Vana

ScreenShots:

Last edited:
I agree with Jonathan......

Now days, it's easy to ANY person to make a server.... Don't have the v.55 downloaded get the xml's... Don't know how to fix a problem? Spam rage....

Used to be only 1 source titan.... .0.0.5 was sooo fun, nobody EVER died...

And it was easy but kept some leechers out...

I wanted to try out Vana, but I'm not willing to put in the effort it takes to obtain everything required and that certainly doesn't mean I don't know how to do it, I just don't WANT to. Thank you, DarkMagnum. My inner laziness has been satisfied.

I agree with Jonathan......

Now days, it's easy to ANY person to make a server.... Don't have the v.55 downloaded get the xml's... Don't know how to fix a problem? Spam rage....

Used to be only 1 source titan.... .0.0.5 was sooo fun, nobody EVER died...

And it was easy but kept some leechers out...

*Removes quote from jonathan so people wont agree with him* I didnt ask for everybody to say that its useless! lets see here.....What if somebody has a problem with getting tortoise svn and cant get vana? Or they have dsl the Internets slow and they cant get Visual Studios? Exactly why im releasing this!

Last edited:
I wanted to try out Vana, but I'm not willing to put in the effort it takes to obtain everything required and that certainly doesn't mean I don't know how to do it, I just don't WANT to. Thank you, DarkMagnum. My inner laziness has been satisfied.

Your welcome =)

Re: [Release] Vana Installation Wizard (Rev 797)

so what does this do?? is this vana source?

Yes this automatically installed Vana to your computer (with an uninstaller) to the place you specifiy that way you can use vana without getting tortoise SVN or Visual Studios to build it :D

Vana use to have 55 but remove because they can't get packets for it, so they now have 58. With the svn it really nice, not saying this is nice, but with the svn thing you can update within clicks, so your always up to date.

Edit: @powerboi105
pros: Has a lot of things like odin, only thing missing i think should be guild from odin
its C++!!!!

that error is what you get when you try to run it, you can go on it with tespia for a cuple minutes. Only thing now is a localhost, which we need!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back