Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Vana Mounts etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Release] Vana Mounts etc.

Mk.
tmob needs to be removed, right?
'Cause I used AS&R to check if the tmob column is called anywhere in the new SVN files and it wasn't.

*Deletes* o_o?
No, it is loaded and used when using the monster rider skill.

Anyway, I am currently uploadng VEDB 5.1 which includes the taming mobs properly setup. I encourage everyone to download it instead of using the "fix" posted here.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Doyos, this actually fixes it if you've tried which your probly havent so if your just going to critisize over me trying to help, i dont want to talk to you.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

No, it is loaded and used when using the monster rider skill.

Anyway, I am currently uploadng VEDB 5.1 which includes the taming mobs properly setup. I encourage everyone to download it instead of using the "fix" posted here.

Oh...I wonder why it didn't pick that up T~T.
Mk.
Sorry for teh interjection.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Doyos, this actually fixes it if you've tried which your probly havent so if your just going to critisize over me trying to help, i dont want to talk to you.
No this doesn't fix it, it only lets you buy the items and sends bad packet data to the client. I am criticising it because it is incorrect. You need to learn to grow from criticism, not try to hide from it all. I coded the mounting system and I have looked deeper than 99% of the people here at the WZs so I do know more about this stuff.

@DUfire: Probably because all of my loading stuff is referenced by column IDs instead of names like most of pawitp's stuff. ;)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I did not post a fix for the Skill only the Equip of the Items, which people were having problems with. Sorry if you Got muddled up, i'm working on the skill now, any help?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Ok guys, xD, don't fight please.
Mikle, have you tried two people in the same map w/ mounts?
I was wondering if it was fixed but I'm only running a test ATM...

If anyone knows that would be great.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I did not post a fix for the Skill only the Equip of the Items, which people were having problems with. Sorry if you Got muddled up, i'm working on the skill now, any help?
The skill is fine. Well except for that in order for others to see your mount you should add:

Code:
map.type = 0x40;
	map.byte = 6;
	map.value = SKILL_X;
	map.val = false;
	skillsinfo[1004].map.push_back(map);

To skills.cpp. Other than that it works fine.

BTW, VEDB 5.1 is up for download.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Can i ask for the speed and jump of them.... for some reason i cant find it anywhere....

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Can i ask for the speed and jump of them.... for some reason i cant find it anywhere....
Because it isn't anywhere. The client sets that based on the tmob value. Just download VEDB 5.1.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

You shoud change it to
Code:
INSERT INTO equipdata (equipid, type, tmob ) VALUES (1902000, 18, 1);
INSERT INTO equipdata (equipid, type, tmob ) VALUES (1902001, 18, 2);
INSERT INTO equipdata (equipid, type, tmob ) VALUES (1902002, 18, 3);
INSERT INTO equipdata (equipid, type ) VALUES (1912000, 19);

Use version 5 of VEDB, it INCLUDES mounts. (IDs 2843-2846 if u read my earlier post)

EDIT: Oops, new version ready for download.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

It says
Release 5.1:
+ Taming Mob data now in equipdata
in changes.txt

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Well that was kind of a waste. Other than getting snackbar and the NX dropping golden pigs and slimes, that update was nothing more. I should have trusted my instincts rather than people who claim to be using the latest version of my stuff. Here it is explicitly:

myself in CHANGES.txt said:
Release 5:
~ Changed shops to those created by LazyBui
~ Now uses drop database by scorp!on
~ Fixed taming mob entries in equipdata

Can anyone see why I go kinda bonkers about this sort of stuff now?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Well that was kind of a waste. Other than getting snackbar and the NX dropping golden pigs and slimes, that update was nothing more. I should have trusted my instincts rather than people who claim to be using the latest version of my stuff. Here it is explicitly:

myself in CHANGES.txt said:
Release 5:
~ Changed shops to those created by LazyBui
~ Now uses drop database by scorp!on
~ Fixed taming mob entries in equipdata[/code]

Can anyone see why I go kinda bonkers about this sort of stuff now?

umm yep

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Because it isn't anywhere. The client sets that based on the tmob value. Just download VEDB 5.1.

i dont really want to change because im using hiddensin... but ill download and look for it myself thanks tho

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

i dont really want to change because im using hiddensin... but ill download and look for it myself thanks tho
tmob value doesn't matter much in that HiddenSin thing. Monster rider is setup incorrectly in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back