Newbie Spellweaver
- Joined
- Dec 15, 2006
- Messages
- 95
- Reaction score
- 0
Was advised by a mod to post in this section for help with VB08. Click here for the original post.
Ok, well i am trying to create a PT laucher for the Ragezone private Priston Tale server comminuty.
I know there is plenty but honestly i dont like how most of them look.
:
________________________________________________________________________
I am stuck however, i have found several methods to do this in VB06 but there is not much support for VB08 yet sadly so maybe someone can help me here.
First of all, let me show you some screenshots of what it will/might look like (might change completely, or a little).
Main window. (***NOTE: ALL IMAGES/BUTTONS WERE CREATED BY ME, EXCLUDING THE CHARACTER RENDER WICH I MODIFIED FROM ITS ORIGINAL, FULL-COLOR VERSION.)
[URL="http://
settings window.
note: the settings (i might be wrong) are saved to a .RGX file if that helps, and contains nothing but the settings and values. For example "FullMode" "On"
Ok, well i am trying to create a PT laucher for the Ragezone private Priston Tale server comminuty.
I know there is plenty but honestly i dont like how most of them look.
________________________________________________________________________
I am stuck however, i have found several methods to do this in VB06 but there is not much support for VB08 yet sadly so maybe someone can help me here.
First of all, let me show you some screenshots of what it will/might look like (might change completely, or a little).
Main window. (***NOTE: ALL IMAGES/BUTTONS WERE CREATED BY ME, EXCLUDING THE CHARACTER RENDER WICH I MODIFIED FROM ITS ORIGINAL, FULL-COLOR VERSION.)
[URL="http://
settings window.
I am using a webbrowser for the news window with a custom html file so that server owners can change the news without having to release a whole new launcher each time*(the URL for the news.html file can be changed in the settings)*.
what im stuck on / or dont know how to do...
1. Saving the settings to a file / or registry (i have not messed with PT in a long while so im not sure what it uses now, and i dont know how i would do it.)
note: the settings (i might be wrong) are saved to a .RGX file if that helps, and contains nothing but the settings and values. For example "FullMode" "On"
2. Where the macros are saved? im not sure. couldnt find anything on it.
Any and all help will be given credit for in the application itself, and my release post.
Thanks in advance.
(Note: Tips/Critics is welcome!)

