• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Vindictus Dev - Current stage ?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
After yesterday I was able to successfully log into the game and normally run the server, I began to test and think how it all works. And I have a two questions related to what we got (mostly questions are directed to the main dev's, but others can also answer)
cmb SanGawku lastfun Hycker DNC

Questions:

1. In /tutorial-mabinogi-heroes-setup-1107562/ SanGawku tutorial as we can see, we must edit host file to redirect some websites, is that mean that we are missing some files ?

2. How it works that once you sign the launcher the account is created ? Where are password's ? How does it work ?

I just want to mention that I'm web dev at the basic/mid stage. I'm working with db's and a simple queries so thats why I want to learn something more , so I asked such questions
:mellow:

Reaction score
After yesterday I was able to successfully log into the game and normally run the server, I began to test and think how it all works. And I have a two questions related to what we got (mostly questions are directed to the main dev's, but others can also answer)
@cmb @SanGawku @lastfun @Hycker @DNC

Questions:

1. In /tutorial-mabinogi-heroes-setup-1107562/ SanGawku tutorial as we can see, we must edit host file to redirect some websites, is that mean that we are missing some files ?

2. How it works that once you sign the launcher the account is created ? Where are password's ? How does it work ?

I just want to mention that I'm web dev at the basic/mid stage. I'm working with db's and a simple queries so thats why I want to learn something more , so I asked such questions
:mellow:

1. We are not missing files, but instead can not sign files after editing. The strings that are needed to be edited exist in the client and can be edited, but when you try to run the client with the repacked file it throws an error.
2. Currently there is no real auth system in place (which is why you should only run a LAN server) No password field in the DB either, so the only method of "protecting" your account is through the 2nd password function.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
1. We are not missing files, but instead can not sign files after editing. The strings that are needed to be edited exist in the client and can be edited, but when you try to run the client with the repacked file it throws an error.
2. Currently there is no real auth system in place (which is why you should only run a LAN server) No password field in the DB either, so the only method of "protecting" your account is through the 2nd password function.

Oh thank you for that informations, so that's why I wasn't able to find pass table in db ...

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
are we sure that it doesn't pull the links from server (heroesContents.db3)?
TIBa0lw - Vindictus Dev - Current stage ? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Nope, tried to edit this and don't work ;/

BTW can we run server with different client ?

Attachments

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would like to join on the dev team talks, i am deepinsec at skype

Upvote 0
Reaction score

From what i believe anything that is edited in the db3 files will only affect server-sided configurations it will not change the client's data.

Attachments

Upvote 0
Back