Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Visual Studio 2003 Clean Source

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm getting a real headache trying to find a source that actually compiles without errors.

The only one I successfuly compiled with no issues is unfortunely jur13n release, I say unfortunely because as I heard from other people its the worst.

I downloaded this one

It's for VS 2015 but at the very start of compiling (using 2015) it gives me an error already

Code:
Error	MSB6006	"fxc.exe" exited with code 1.	Gunz	C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets	1235

What am I doing wrong? Is it because I'm compiling with Windows 7 or 10?

I searched for a vs 2003 source but I could only find jur13n because all the others are offline apparently.

So pls guys save me and provide a good clean source that I can finally be able to compile other than jur13n files.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
the fxc error is from the shader files, just delete them from the source.

[GUIDE] How to build Gunz source code

You will of course have to remove the .mef data, filelist.xml crc check, and the launcher serialkey if you see fit. The source will also only have what was available from the 2011 1.5 Official Servers.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
the fxc error is from the shader files, just delete them from the source.

[GUIDE] How to build Gunz source code

You will of course have to remove the .mef data, filelist.xml crc check, and the launcher serialkey if you see fit. The source will also only have what was available from the 2011 1.5 Official Servers.

Thanks and also sorry but I dont know where the shader files are... could you kindly tell me their filenames?

Appreciate the help.

getting this error in that 1.5 source getting SVNRevision.cpp error (does not exist)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Thanks and also sorry but I dont know where the shader files are... could you kindly tell me their filenames?
Gunz/skin.vsh
Gunz/skin1.vsh

Remove them from the solution explorer in Visual Studio as well.
Gunz/etc/shader/skin.vsh
Gunz/etc/shader/skin1.vsh

getting this error in that 1.5 source getting SVNRevision.cpp error (does not exist)
15- In the Gunz project, open the file Gunz/Game/ZGlobal.cpp
Replace the line: #include "SVNRevision/SVNRevision.cpp"
With: //#include "SVNRevision/SVNRevision.cpp"

Replace the line: return GlobalGetSVNRevision();
With: return 0;"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Gunz/skin.vsh
Gunz/skin1.vsh

Remove them from the solution explorer in Visual Studio as well.
Gunz/etc/shader/skin.vsh
Gunz/etc/shader/skin1.vsh

Thanks once again, gotta test the shader thing still.

The SVNRevision issue is gone but almost at the end of the rebuild I'm getting this

\Source_Code\Stable\Gunz\Gunz.rc(105): error RC2135 : file not found: Runtime/Gunz.exe.manifest

I'm so sorry for being such a noob :s I just hope I'm not wasting your time. Appreciate all the help you been giving.

-edit-

Unfortunely that souce is giving me many errors in the other projects aswell like matchserver and launcher :/

Upvote 0
Back