VPS Hosting

Socius Decennalis
Decennium
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
320
Reaction score
49
Can someone share to me the minimum specs to run a VPS using the Official RAN server files. and what Operating System are most compatible to run smoothly the server.
thanks ;)
 
Solution
Windows Server 2012 and above. With at least 2 CPU and 2GB RAM.

Recommended: Windows Server 2022. 4 CPU and 8GB RAM.
Windows Server 2012 and above. With at least 2 CPU and 2GB RAM.

Recommended: Windows Server 2022. 4 CPU and 8GB RAM.
Hey sir, can you suggest common vps hosting providers? or most of the time, OVH is used?
Just a newbie question.

TIA!!
 
Upvote 0
Can someone share to me the minimum specs to run a VPS using the Official RAN server files. and what Operating System are most compatible to run smoothly the server.
thanks ;)
Can someone share to me the minimum specs to run a VPS using the Official RAN server files. and what Operating System are most compatible to run smoothly the server.
thanks ;)
1,500php if you are from ph good for starting up your server. it has good specs
 
Upvote 0
1,500php if you are from ph good for starting up your server. it has good specs
Bro, can you tell what provider is this? Also the specs?

Also, I will trying to try it online but only for learning/practice purposes. What specs is enough for this activity?

TIA!!!

For production, you can use OVH. For testing purposes there is ton to use, i.e H4F.
Hi Lars, which of this are you referring to?

1752129666418 - VPS Hosting - RaGEZONE Forums
 
Upvote 0
Or you can also use a Linux VPS (Debian 10) from OneProvider and install a Windows Server ISO yourself, as the license is far too expensive in my opinion
I am sorry, still new to VPS thing. You mean use Linux base then reinstall windows server on that VPS?
 
Upvote 0
Exactly, I did it with OneProvider. I haven’t tested elsewhere, so I would even recommend a dedicated server, which will be much more powerful than a VPS. Choose Debian 10, and once you receive your dedicated server, you just need to reinstall the ISO through KVM — it’s quite straightforward
A VPS is like renting an apartment in a big building: you have your own space, but you share the building with others.
A dedicated server is like having an entire house all to yourself: all the resources are yours, so it’s more powerful.
 
Upvote 0
This is interesting. Btw, based on the tutorials I have watched, they are mostly using ws2012r2. Then Lars mentioned using 2022. So, I am just curious about using the latest which is ws2025 now. Is it still compatible with Ran Online Servers?
 
Upvote 0
Can someone share to me the minimum specs to run a VPS using the Official RAN server files. and what Operating System are most compatible to run smoothly the server.
thanks ;)

If your just practicing u can use windows server 2012 and above. With at least 2CPU and 2GBRAM.
but Recommended is Windows Server 2022. 4CPU and 8GB RAM.
 
Upvote 0
Small heads up (coming back after a while): many “official” RAN packages are designed for Windows. If that is the case, check first that you can upload your own Windows image or bring your license; on Linux you can work around with Wine, but I would not recommend it for production. From what I have run, Ubuntu 22.04 LTS + systemd services + fail2ban + a strict firewall. I used because they offer free snapshots and automatic backups, and after a bad patch I rolled back in 5 minutes.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back