• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Waffle's IN-DEPTH Beast VIDEO Tutorials

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hey everyone, i've decided to give back to the community, for all they've done for me. When I first started using Beast, I noticed that there wasn't any in depth, visual tutorials. So I made a Beginner, Intermediate, and a [Coming-Soon] Advanced Seres.

Basic Tutorials
Beast Tutorials - 1 - Using the Toolbar

Beast Tutorials - 2 - More with the move tool, and placing Objects, and Textures

Beast Tutorials - 3 - Water, Color, and mountain/hill creation Tools

Beast Tutorials - 4 - Making your first Map

Intermediate Tutorials
Beast Tutorials - 5 - Using Triggers, Respawns, and Begins

Beast Tutorials - 6 - Working with SFX

Beast Tutorials - 7 - Spawning Mobs

Advanced Tutorials
Coming soon.

I hope you learned what you needed from them, and please do not ask me where to get Beast, as there is many releases on the forum that have download links. Enjoy!

Also, like me if the videos helped! Thanks :)

Credits:
Me, for making the tutorials.
FlyForSky, for the Beast.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I haven't watched many of them yet, but from what I have looked at, very nice guides Beast isn't that hard to get the hang of by just playing with it, but this will definitely help at least a few people.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hopefully. Im tired of seeing just a re-textured town or two. I consider map deving fun and easy once you mess around with beast for a bit.

On-Topic: Thanks for the guide. Im sure people will find it pretty helpful. I know i wouldve a year ago.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Really nice tutorials!

Thank you.

Like, +1.

the sound's resound echo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thats really awesome, good job

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nice job bro :D
im waiting for the Advanced Tutorials because i already know all that lol

the sound's resound echo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Importing new textures into beast, perhaps?
Its not really difficult but you might call it advance.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Alright, i'll look into it. :)
Give me awhile to get the Advanced tutorials out, as i'm very busy at the moment.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can you tell me or do the next tutorial about the monsters range? I would like to know what I could do to monsters could follow character over the whole map?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Some advanced tutorials should be things such as:
  • Changing mob AI
  • Setting re-spawn regions
  • Using continent regions
  • Fog , Ambient/diffuse settings ect

Good jobs on the tutorials btw, some errors but otherwise naice :thumbup:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
What are you trying to say Xantis? If your asking to make a monster follow a player across the map, you could not do that with Beast. If you're asking if you could spawn a monster all over the map, you could do that with beast.

0xC0FFEE
Loyal Member
Reaction score
He wants to know how to make the monsters keep aggro across the whole map.
I believe that is a source thing, though I'm not entirely sure if it can be done with beast as well.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The use of controls would be nice :) i managed a gate which opens but getting the levers to work :( i know for the gate it required some dyo editing but its kinda beast related as its a beast created file

and thx for the tutorials :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
He wants to know how to make the monsters keep aggro across the whole map.
I believe that is a source thing, though I'm not entirely sure if it can be done with beast as well.
That is oh so effin easy -.- Not practical tho since a high level user can get aggro of all map mobs and just stay still (considering the mobs cant kill him) and duck the entire map..

Back