Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Website] AltairCMS! | Updated with steps to add new page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone know any possible fix for me? When I click the "Submit" button it redirects me to a blank page saying the address for the voting page. Am I suppose to change something some wheres in WAMP?

I would use XAMP but I have no idea how to use it....

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
excuse me! when someone else tries to access the cms, it says "Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server."

do you know what this is?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey, you have a great cms! I love how you can input html to create your own pages. I wanted to point out that in the download.php located in the pages folder, that the maplestory setup file and client file use the same "$".
<a href="'.$gms.'">
change the bottom (second) one in the file into
<a href="'.$client.'">

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yea, =X I forgot about that till someone told me a few days back.lol

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well everything is correct it takes me to the page but when i click on AltairCMS it just stay there still if i didn't put install.lock. ÉHELP PLZ

make sure that it is a "lock" file. right click on it and go to properties to check the "type of file".

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Most parts of the website works but when i try to login or register. It doesn't exactly redirect to the page. It says "the Page cannot be displayed" and the URL stays the same. Though it only works for one computer in my house. I'm using mozilla and i've tried clearing cache and browing history and cookies but there is no success. I'm pretty sure the config file is correct as well.

does anyone know what the problem is?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Out of all the flaws on AltairCMS that i've been fixing. I recommend you fix the "GET" variable issue.

Because if the "GET" info is not a number then do a check and make it do something else. for example if the "Get" variable is not a number or is INVALID make it by default equal 1. (doing this will fix the problem)

Here is an example. replace your link for your AltairCMS page with this.

Code:
http://(YOUR WEBSITE FOR ALTAIR CMS HERE)/?page=index&id=<script>alert('hacked by namek303')</script>

this security flaw will allow a user to actually make a cookie stealer. and all he needs to do is make a admin visit a page with the cookie stealer hidden on it. and boom he has the admin's cookies. and he replaces the Admin cookies with his and now hes a admin on the site. lots of damage that can be done for people that really customized it.

the damage that he can do includes, making a notice or announcement that causes harm. (embedding the cookie grabber in an announcement, testing for sql injection using the announcement, making a redirect to another site from announcement, defacing the site from announcement, making comments from announcements that are inappropriate to name a few options)

I really like this CMS and been working alot with it. Let me know how that works out or if u cant figure out how to fix it for you. (by fixing this you eliminate the biggest security flaw on the site)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ok i followed all the steps and rename install to install.lock and i go to localhost and the page says
Oops!This link appears to be broken
URL: localhost/install/install.php

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Once you've renamed it, go to

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yep. Epic fail. Even after you follow the instructions it tries to take you to install.php, and since you renamed it it just returns a 404 message.

Edit:
I named it install.lock, but it kept the PHP extension. Might want to clarify that you need to make sure to remove the extension.

Last edited:
Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It must be a lock extension. If it is a php extension, then delete it > Open notepad> leave it blank > File>Save As > name ="install.lock" > File type: all files. put it into your install folder and you're done. I noticed his thing as vista and windows 7 won't change the extension for you when you edit it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thnx and one more thing i cant find out how to add notice is the admin page or do i do it from Database. if database which table. if admin page what url. ty

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Go to accounts table in SQL, find the desired account u want and set the admin column to 1. Then login at the control panel and you'll be redirected into the admin page.

至死不渝
Reaction score
Can someone give me an example of how to add the GAMEUP, NOTICE, END, PRIZE, INFO images in the news/events section in front of a line of text?

Sry if this bumped a 2 weeks old tread :p

@Yenpooh : maybe u can add a few lines in the cms event.php with image enabled such that people knows how to add it o:

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
When i do the .lock thing i end up if i go to the localhost directory i get redirected to localhost/install/install.php and then links me to google to search something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back