Welcome!

Join our community of MMORPG enthusiasts and private server developers! By registering, you'll gain access to in-depth discussions on source codes, binaries, and the latest developments in MMORPG server files. Collaborate with like-minded individuals, explore tutorials, and share insights on building and optimizing private servers. Join us today and unlock the full potential of MMORPG server development!

Join Today!

weird problem Mir3 

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
when i load all the pograms required to run the game and i come to DBserver it says somethnig about ODBC i just ignored that when i ran eiserver it coulndt load some of the maps i ignored that too and WHEN i loaded the game mir4.exe it started up and i pressed create new account or whatever and it started on a korean account creation or something so i thought... wtf of i guess most of it and i left out some parts i just made an ID and PASS then i loaded the game again and when i enter my ID n PASSWORD and click "enter" nothnig happens.....NOW WHAT?

You have answered ost of the question yourself - you said ODBC was not setup right so it wont be able to start the server and also map problems - guess you better get reading the guide and set it up right then you can play.

argh! >.<! i read everywhere i did what it said in the guides people say "make sure our OBDC is pointing at the right direction" or somethnig like that.

what do they mean by that?

forget all i said above
^
l
l

i figured out everything expect this error i get with the odbc or whatever its called
i set it up following the guide cant figure out whats wrong...

Last edited:
So you Installed SQL and when it asked you for Admin mode (i think thats what it says) it give you a choice of WIndows Login only or Mixed Mode. You need to pick mixed mode and put in a password for SA (which means Super Admin).

You then got to Import the databases into one called mir3db

Now you go to START-SETTING-CONTROL PANEL

Administrative Tools - Data Sources (ODBC)

Click Add - SQL Server - and so forth as per instruction to add a ODBC for mir3db pointing to the SQL server you just made (should come up in list) along with default database to mir3db.

Sounds like you misssed all of that out to me

ok it works now BUT... when i create an account and login to my character it says "Connecting to the server. Please Wait..." nothing els... i havnt found any fix for this problem >.<

also some of the gates are --][-- while rungate is --] [--

i tried read some of the other posts can it be the rungate thing? i tried everything.... >.<!

and it also says

gameserver runing
rungate runing <-------- is that true >.<?

Last edited:
If rungate is not connected (--][--) then you will be able to log in, sel char but not enter the game. Check the ports for run gate in the ini file, change to either 5000 or 5010 and it should connect.

i did i tried both 5000 and 5010 in that migrate ini nothing happens i still cant enter the game >.<!

and when i try 5000 it says

Ready to load ini file.
!setup.txt loaded..
Connected to Common Database.
Loading StdItem.DB...
StdItem.DB Loaded.
Loading MiniMap.txt.
MiniMap Information Loaded.
Loading MapFiles...
Read Emergency Map : [0] 459,261
Not Ready.127.0.0.1
Not Ready.127.0.0.1
Not Ready.127.0.0.1
Not Ready.127.0.0.1
Not Ready.127.0.0.1
Not Ready.127.0.0.1

which confuses me even more...

Last edited:
i changed it to 5010 and now myn looks like this

--[$$]--

but now it has changed to

--[ ]--

Right rungate talks to the server on a port - this is written into the actualt server itself. Now depending on what version you have - it can be either 5000 or 5010. MSRF version (2.9) uses port 5010 and the version i posted ages ago uses Port 5000.

Now as long as rungate and the server are both talking on the same Port - rungate will connect. I would suggest checking through every single ini file and make sure both the server name and IP is the same across the enitre set of files. Make sure the ODBC is setup and talking and you have the right password in there and so forth.

I suggest using a server control program to start the server as this will re-write the files to the correct IP - it will not though write the detail in DBSRV at all - check that also by hand (in the program) - that needs to talk to the correct info to - you might have a diff server name in there for exmaple.

Terabyte, I wonder if you could help me out.

I can't get the gates to work, or the DBServer file to give me anything but a win32 error about directories been wrong.

All of my gates have either --] [-- or --] x [-- in them :(

Last edited:
When you Install MS-SQL - somewhere along the way it asks you Auth mode - its either windows Auth mode (default) or mixed and this is where you click mxed and get to type in a SA Password.

Here is something i found to enable mixed mode if you ticked the wrong box at install:

Solution: change SQL authentication mode to mixed.
To change authentication mode in MSDE:
- Open registry editor (type regedit in command line)
- Change registry value to 2 on the following path where SQL Server instance is located
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\MSSQLServer\LoginMode
(1 - Windows mode only, 2 - Mixed mode)
-Restart SQL Server after that: run from command line "net stop mssqlserver" and then "net start mssqlserver".
To change authentication mode in SQL Server:
- open Enterprise manager (you can run it from the "Microsoft SQL
Server" start menu item)
- select your PC server in list of servers
- right-click on it and select Properties in context menu
- open Security tab in Properties dialog
- change "Windows only" to "SQL Server and Windows" and hit OK.

Also - to change the SA password:

Last edited:
Thanks,i 've got that part setup now :)

I can't get the gates to work, or the DBServer file to give me anything but a win32 error about directories been wrong.

All of my gates have either --] [-- or --] x [-- in them :(

Well now the db is setup - you can follow the guide as this was the only part people struggled on. Each program has its own INI file and own settings - you need to make sure they are all set up right !!!

Back