Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What do you see?

Reaction score
I am doing a small research project for my sociology course (I am in studies for Computer Science, but have to take a general education course, so I chose sociology). I want to ask you guys, what do you see and what messages gets across to your head when you see this image:

TheAJ - What do you see? - RaGEZONE Forums

Na Nach Nachma Nachman Meuman
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Jews.

Honestly though, I see our currently welfare system. Top being the higher class, ones with less money being middle class and the one with the least money being the lower class.

Last edited:
Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I see money syphoned through other people's nets before greatly reducing and reaching the poor person's hand. I also see the 3 levels as upper middle and lower class people. Basically the rich get richer and the poor stay poor/get poorer.

Reaction score
I see a flawed diagram of the welfare system. The top net should be bigger, with larger holes (ie more taxes, and for bills to actually fit through)

Though I would have made it with PCs or like digital money? instead, since all money has been reduced to that these days anyway. That way you can comment on two things at once! :D

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
The top hand are the tax payers, the second hand is the government receiving the money, the third hand is the normal people, the 4th hand are the poor people.

People pay tax and the government gets the money and they say we are going to do this and fix that but in return only 40% of that happens and 2% of the tax money goes to poor people.

Reaction score
I see a flawed diagram of the welfare system. The top net should be bigger, with larger holes (ie more taxes, and for bills to actually fit through)

Though I would have made it with PCs or like digital money? instead, since all money has been reduced to that these days anyway. That way you can comment on two things at once! :D

I see what you mean by the bigger nets. But I think that would fit best if you think of this from a donator perspective. It generally goes through too many people before it reaches the needy.

If it were the welfare system, wouldn't the bottom hand be at the same level as the third hand? Since I think they both have (to a certain extent) similar positions in society, except that the third hand has a net, which represents power - so that individual would be able to grab more resources (in this case, the money).

Similarly, if you put the individual at the bottom directly below the one at the very top, that individual still wouldn't make as much money as the power below because they don't have the net (which represents power in my opinion), so they can only catch money with their bare hands.

Here is an image that better represents what I mean:
TheAJ - What do you see? - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Reaction score
You could also look at it from a company PoV, the top hand being the customer, the first net being taxes, second net being the CEO/stockholders/management, and the bottom being the lowely workers.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Government is at the top. People related to government are in the middle. Citizens are at the bottom as they are not getting enough money.

Reaction score
^

Government taking way too much out of our paychecks. I suffer because I have to help some idiot on unemployment who has never had a "real" job buy his cigarettes and alcohol. Yeah no thanks, I'll keep settling with the IRS every year on monthly payments and pay less over time. gg fuckers.

Back