Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private What exactly makes a Retro 'different'?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seriously, I've seen and been through them all and majority can only offer the fact they have 'free furni'. The hype with these retros seem really big but I see the same idea being repeated.

I'm just curious on what the community has to say, I for one say they're all the same just different management and population. (The most I've seen online on a retro is 120 so ya)

What exactly makes a Retro 'different'?
How is your hotel different from the 44834938274 ones out there?

inb4wehaveproffesionalstaff

Sean told me to come back
Reaction score
The most I've seen online on a retro is 120 so ya

If 120 was the most, you wouldn't have some little kid trying to get rich.
Look around some topsites.

Sean told me to come back
Reaction score
You sure? There's more than 120.

And since 2007 the retro comms has sort of died off, we lost all the good developers, and owners of hotels just care about money. So nothing really makes a retro different these days.

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Developers leave, it takes a while for new ones to come... You are saying that we have no active developers? We do, Sierra is on the verge of being released, Crowley is looking good, Grizzly is pretty nice... what else.

Anyway in my opinion retros are separated by their Community Managers or whatever, events and such, big hotels that have in excess of 1000+ are boring, events are to crowded, The golden average user count for me is about 500 - 800, not to cluttered, and still enough things to do.

That's not to say big hotels are bad, I would just prefer to run and play an hotel with about 500 - 800. Retros have grown so big from the biggest having about 300 users to some Spanish retros reaching 2000 and more.

Reaction score
Not sure where you get your facts and figures from but I've seen hotels in the English community getting an excess of 2000 online. And in the foreign community more so. I think I recall seeing a Brazilian hotel with 5000 online (crazzy.com.br or something). Whilst I can sort of see where you're coming from with the "They're all the same" but that is also false. Not every hotel is the same. You also have contradicted yourself:

I for one say they're all the same just different management and population

It's the differing management which make different decisions about the way the hotel is run and managed which makes the hotel... different. Think about what you're typing before you post. An example I can give is Habplus VS Fresh. They are both run differently, both are managed and ran by a staff team with differing ideas from each other. The communities are also very much different, so is the way the hotels are ran, the CMS, the emulator etc.. etc..

A Lot of the startup hotels are the same (RevCMS/Phoenix). The owners are too noob and can't handle or comprehend on how to run a hotel or the technical requirements that come with it. So it turns into a hotel for friends ran on a $20 VPS that probably gets hammered with attacks from the occasional skid. Then they give up, move on and possibly start again. A few trickle through and actually get members but this comes from hard work. Something the Habbo community is notorious at not doing.

This is a bit like saying all Minecraft servers are the same because they're using bukkit. Anywho your lack to look in depth or do actual research on the current state on the habbo retro community shows that you're making an assumption and have no idea as to what you're talking about.

Obviously the retro community is doing something right. Since the amount of retros and their online counts is more than habbo itself. Do more research before making assumptions. My assumption is you're a butthurt hotel owner who owned a RevCMS hotel and couldn't make it past #50 on thehabbos. Or you're from DevBest.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Not sure where you get your facts and figures from but I've seen hotels in the English community getting an excess of 2000 online. And in the foreign community more so. I think I recall seeing a Brazilian hotel with 5000 online (crazzy.com.br or something). Whilst I can sort of see where you're coming from with the "They're all the same" but that is also false. Not every hotel is the same. You also have contradicted yourself:

It's the differing management which make different decisions about the way the hotel is run and managed which makes the hotel... different. Think about what you're typing before you post. An example I can give is Habplus VS Fresh. They are both run differently, both are managed and ran by a staff team with differing ideas from each other. The communities are also very much different, so is the way the hotels are ran, the CMS, the emulator etc.. etc..

A Lot of the startup hotels are the same (RevCMS/Phoenix). The owners are too noob and can't handle or comprehend on how to run a hotel or the technical requirements that come with it. So it turns into a hotel for friends ran on a $20 VPS that probably gets hammered with attacks from the occasional skid. Then they give up, move on and possibly start again. A few trickle through and actually get members but this comes from hard work. Something the Habbo community is notorious at not doing.

This is a bit like saying all Minecraft servers are the same because they're using bukkit. Anywho your lack to look in depth or do actual research on the current state on the habbo retro community shows that you're making an assumption and have no idea as to what you're talking about.

Obviously the retro community is doing something right. Since the amount of retros and their online counts is more than habbo itself. Do more research before making assumptions. My assumption is you're a butthurt hotel owner who owned a RevCMS hotel and couldn't make it past #50 on thehabbos. Or you're from DevBest.

I couldn't have said it better - Fresh is the sort of hotel that goes easy on the economy and we don't care much about rares let the kids get w/e they want and chill, think habplus take it serious thats the only big difference i can think of right now, not to mention we run diffrent emulators aswell and are both diffrent versions he is B i'm A.

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's not like you can take the entire Habbo game of a flip it upside down to suit your Retro. Of course they are going to extremely similar in most ways; the only difference is the Owner, Staff, Catalogue(sometimes) and now the software running it.

As I said before, you can't change everything about Habbo.

Zephyr Studios
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When I ran my hotel it was much different than other retros.
Here's some things I added,

Tags
D0WNF4LL catalogue v10, edited alot, haves all habbo's furnitures.
All posters in the gallery
Brand new site layout
Radio
Support
3 daily respect
Lobby (rooftop café)(With bots which gives drinks)
Infobus park
Respect stats in community
Facebook site
Custom skin colors
All the newest clothes
Custom Habbo.swf
Rideable horses
Custom badges
Marketplace (You can sell everything in there!)
Trax shop
Ecotron
Good economy that makes users play in months!

So ehm.. Bad discussion.. Also Fresh and Habplus reaches 1000+ every day.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
¿What exactly makes a Retro 'different'?

In my opinion there are two essential things, it doesn't make your Hotel the most famous of the world with differences, it doesn't make that you'll have hundreds of people online, but i know for experiencie that it makes it the most funny:

• The imagination and the desire to do something new and innovative: the worse thing is that for me all the R63 Hotels are excactly the same, they normally have different CMS, some are much better than others, but the principal things are not changed and of course, the client is always the same with little differences depending of the fame of the Hotel. In my opinion you need a lot of imagination here, the point is that you need to make something new, the people is tired to see always the same system.

• The team: a good concept of Habbo Team for me is that one who enjoys to manage the Hotel, who listen always to the people, who is connected everyday and is worried always about what is happening. The point is that the 99% of the Hotels has members in the team who are not very seriuos, in my opinion i prefer to have 2 people in my team (like in my Hotel) than have 10 people who makes what they want, who are not very serious to manage and who are not mature and responsible to know what means that concept.

Ask me about Daoism
Loyal Member
Reaction score
¿What exactly makes a Retro 'different'?

In my opinion there are two essential things, it doesn't make your Hotel the most famous of the world with differences, it doesn't make that you'll have hundreds of people online, but i know for experiencie that it makes it the most funny:

• The imagination and the desire to do something new and innovative: the worse thing is that for me all the R63 Hotels are excactly the same, they normally have different CMS, some are much better than others, but the principal things are not changed and of course, the client is always the same with little differences depending of the fame of the Hotel. In my opinion you need a lot of imagination here, the point is that you need to make something new, the people is tired to see always the same system.

• The team: a good concept of Habbo Team for me is that one who enjoys to manage the Hotel, who listen always to the people, who is connected everyday and is worried always about what is happening. The point is that the 99% of the Hotels has members in the team who are not very seriuos, in my opinion i prefer to have 2 people in my team (like in my Hotel) than have 10 people who makes what they want, who are not very serious to manage and who are not mature and responsible to know what means that concept.

Hotels have bad lower-level management. Hobbas and some terrible mods. Admins and managers are the only 'good' staff members I see. DJs are cool too. Then again, I can't hire good staff for poop lol. I made a good choice on my manager. thats it. I have a radio, fixed emulator, a styled-up CMS (work in progress, looks terrible at the moment but my vision for it is nice.)

This is a question that beckons me, though. What makes a hotel more attractive? It's harder to attract users off other retros, these days, that's all I know.

Reaction score
Well, yeah, what is retros? Good discussion.
As Prizm said before, lol, about all the features.

My retro, for me, is an experience in different things, like Sql, Php, community management and to help learn important skill features of owning a 'small business' (like jobs basically), communication within the staff team, and to work together etc. And its about moderation and management, you cant just give all the users everything, you got to think about the economy etc. Its like, you own a business and you need to make it work, thinking about the economy etc.

Retros, for me, is an educational course, that delivers life lessons along the way too, and you meet a hell of a lot of people, awesome and not awesome, but that's life.

It's not all about the free stuff, or how much credits you can earn, or if people get staff.

What makes my retro different?
Well, i work hard on my catalog, and i try and make the economy as fair for everyone as possible, and try and implement new user features, i've added a forum board with the vB arcade on it, and like, idk, most people i've asked want a hotel to have a fair amount of staff, updated and always maintained, and i dont know, to keep the users involved. Some of them wanted unique features, but most just wanted a clean cms and a stable economy.

Zephyr Studios
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As Prizm said before, lol, about all the features.
My users loved them man, I wanted to make my hotel unique. Look at Sjovt.com It's the biggest hotel in Denmark, it have nothing special.

Rogu3
Reaction score
If 120 was the most seen, you've not been around "all" of them. The problem is, it's too easy to make retros now. So, little kids will make them and they don't know how to run them. They just copy any other retros they've seen. It is EXTREMELY difficult to make a truly unique hotel. The only way to make your hotel REALLY unique from others is to make an Emulator (A Good One) for your hotel, and don't release the emulator. I've said it once, and I'll say it again. I firmly believe that we should make a Union of Retros. No owners, just a committee of developers who have an owner position (not on the Staff Page). I'd say maybe 5 hotels should combine, and then just combine ideas and make one BIG hotel. It would mix a lot of combined ideas. The only issue would be money and keeping the 5 "owners" in check. If there were a way to figure out how to keep every "owner" from taking it over like "MINE NOW -changes vps/dedi password-". It's just a thought though. It would have to be thought out very thoroughly between a group of civilized owners though. If four of you are down, PM me. :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hotel's Latest Habbo Retro's are crap. Though i can't stand looking at the same Interface, or even the same website. I don't understand how these owners like Fresh Hotel can even take pride in there hotel when the only thing they do is rip updates from everyone eles.

To even take pride in your own retro you should have changed alot of things your self (Not Adding Crappy Customs). Editing Interfaces would be a change.

But lets face it the retro community for the R63+ are Noobs. There is nothing to offer in my opinion, If your offering stuff on your own hotel then atleast have the respect the change some of the Interfaces or even make your own Emulator!

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCES WHAT SO EVER!! EVERYONE SHOULD TURN BACK TO LOWER VERSIONS (Y) lol

Back