What is the "source"?

Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
Feb 2, 2016
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys! I'm new to this forum, and indeed in terms of flyff developments. Not so long ago I was interested in development of servers (about a month ago), I saw a video on YouTube and I was curious. I downloaded a lot of servers and releases, but they were without sources. Only recently I read on the forums what any update can not be established without source (weapons, armor, CS and is). I've been looking for any information about the source, but nothing valuable and useful and did not find. So help me out guys, I have a couple of questions on the topic of source :3

1) What is the source and what is it for?

2) How can I find the source for my server and how it can be installed?

3) How to use the source?

P.s. Very sorry for my bad english =((
Thanks in advance for your answer and help!! <3
 
Hello and welcome to the forums.

1) The "source" is what developers refer to as the original data used to create something, in this case the source is the files used to create the Client/Server executable.

2) The source isn't "installed" as such, but you will require Visual Studio to be able to edit and compile to source to make system changes to the game.

3) This has been stated above, the source is merely used to edit, add or remove features from a game. Such as if you don't like the 3rd jobs in-game you can actually remove them and just keep the Hero system instead. It can also be used to increase detail by adding things such as Multi Sampling, increasing shadow detail and shadow distance scaling and much much more.

There are douzens, if not hundreds of different source codes lying around this forums ready for you to look into and some of them some with tutorials on how to setup and compile them, including a list of possible errors you may come across.

Hope this helps,

Many Thanks
NickHough
 
Re: What is the &quot;source&quot;?

Where do I put the source folder? In the folder with the resources? To the server could read them and make them work :<



Hello and welcome to the forums.

1) The "source" is what developers refer to as the original data used to create something, in this case the source is the files used to create the Client/Server executable.

2) The source isn't "installed" as such, but you will require Visual Studio to be able to edit and compile to source to make system changes to the game.

3) This has been stated above, the source is merely used to edit, add or remove features from a game. Such as if you don't like the 3rd jobs in-game you can actually remove them and just keep the Hero system instead. It can also be used to increase detail by adding things such as Multi Sampling, increasing shadow detail and shadow distance scaling and much much more.

There are douzens, if not hundreds of different source codes lying around this forums ready for you to look into and some of them some with tutorials on how to setup and compile them, including a list of possible errors you may come across.

Hope this helps,

Many Thanks
NickHough

Where do I put the source folder? In the folder with the resources? To the server could read them and make them work :<
 
The server doesn't reads the source. Its purpose is actually to build up the server, it creates those seven .exes you use to start your server. The server does reads the Resource.

You can put the Source wherever you want.
 
Back