• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

What sort of password type is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So my friend helped me with the whole database thing because i have no experience with Database security whatsoever and whatever is included in that but the basic question is what sort of password type is this because I've clearly forgot my password and i don't know what sort of Hash this is as it's not SHA1 neither MD5.

This.

Code:
K3ibNaXn3YAMYm5TV3MwHvok7FAl8byWHSsLdSK65r9fIeXhQr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dan.

The result said that it may be MD4 / MD5 but I've tried to decrypt and it didn't work it's very odd but i do need to find out what my password is so i really need someone to either explain me what this may be and if someone can decrypt it for me or can find out what the password is.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can just make a new account with the password you desire, and replace the encryption from the new one with the old one.

Reaction score
Dan.

The result said that it may be MD4 / MD5 but I've tried to decrypt and it didn't work it's very odd but i do need to find out what my password is so i really need someone to either explain me what this may be and if someone can decrypt it for me or can find out what the password is.

Thing is, you may have a string but it could be salted and so on.... I mean you could have string > hex > md5 or something like that.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dan.

Maybe your able to help me out because it's really bothering as well that it's not SHA1 or MD5 and so I'm stuck and i don't know what you mean with the whole Salted thing and the hex thing so maybe your able to expain me some more and forward me to websites that may help me in the future as well as now with this problem :(

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Actually no I've not stole the string from anywhere it's from my site and all I'm trying to do is Decrypt it so i can log on because clearly I've forgotten my password and as there is probably no other method get on my account or log in to my account is the only way to just go in to the database and decrypt the password.

Anyway Hilly said that there is possibly no way to get the password because it's protected for if people hack you or get in your database and the only way to get the password is to brute it which I'm not going to do so I'm just going to remove my account as that's possibly the only option right now and re-register on the site.

I'm able to send you the whole database as you don't seem to be believing me but the database is pretty big it has over 2k registered users so it's really hard ( For me ) To upload it on the database because it would take forever to upload...

Might just close it if it's never going to work out... But thanks for trying.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've done exactly what you said to do and it worked thank you all fixed so close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back