What was your first project?

Experienced Elementalist
Joined
Jul 23, 2012
Messages
201
Reaction score
131
What was your first thing you made when you started programming? If you still have link for them, share it, i think everyone would like to see how bad your programming was :D lol

PHP:
My first php project was moCMS, it was web for a game called muonline, it didn't take much to make, since it was my first project ever and first try on php

Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/54jlyr

VB.NET:
I started as anyone else did, by creating web browser, lol :D

C#:
If i remember i created basic antihack application, it searched running processes and compared offset bytes, simple basic stuff

C++
I can't remember, but it was for muonline again, lot's of copy paste were involved :junglejane:
 
The first things I remember making that actually worked were made on QBasic, one was a tool to make pixel animations (oh god the UI was horrible, editing the frames pixel by pixel but didn't know of better back then and my buddy actually made several short clips using it and we had some good laughs :) and the other was a little two-player game where you collect dots that cause your territory to expand trying to force your opponent to run into it and die.

I want to go back in time and congratulate the noob for making those and then give him proper guidance about what to learn and do next...
 
qbasic(11): After basic messing around and learning the language, I made a basic sprite-based 2d scroller. It rendered a map from a string where each character represented a type of sprite/block that could be rendered and the character could walk around and collide with walls/impassable blocks, but that was the extent of it (never implemented game logic). The goal was to implement some kind of combination of final fantasy 1, zelda, and pokemon.

vb(13): An alarm clock. Followed by an AOL/AIM punter. Followed by a config script editor for Half-Life.

c(14): A multi-hack for CS.

c++(17): An over-engineered server emulator.

java(17): A minesweeper clone, followed by a MUD.

php(18): An inventory application, followed by a FMS that created RSS feeds for podcasts.

javascript(18, 19): An account management system, followed by an administration GUI for smart-meter management used by power companies.
 
this is pretty funny. while my first php project was a web statistic module with including backend to analyse all access to your webpage, my first c# project was building a keylogger with a global hook haha (didnt do it alone). its still anywhere on my pc and I bet still undetectable, since never released :P.
even built a php control panel to archive and scan uploaded txt files by victims, we had our test run, but so bad programmed ouch! in c my first project in c that was big was minesweeper, my first project in perl was a validation class, my first project in ant was file synchronization between two linux server systems, my first asp.net project was a license module for a product of my company in their intranet ...

hah, good old times ^_^
 
My first project was a Habbo CMS. It is still not finished. :D

This.

Over the years I have ended up with 9 different versions of CMS' for Habbo RPs, in which I have never completed one 100%.

But in that time I did build a custom imager for the custom clothing, along with a furniture generator for the online shop. I also learnt a hell-a-lot of javascript.

All the best,
Richard Komakech.
 
My first project was a C++ project that deduces the interpolating polynomial for a given set of data points with integer coordinates.

I was 13 back then and used a very naive solution which i kinda found out about after weeks of trial and error in school.

Of course, when I learnt about the Vandermonde Matrix, Lagrange Interpolation and Newton Interpolation, I rewrote everything to optimize the computation of the interpolating polynomial. I was using C# by then.
 
a file in linux that makes creating accs tons easier,just run one file and rest is like the windows account creation
 
My first project was a set of tools for cheating in flash browser games... Using AutoIT and Cheat Engine.
Autocliker, aimbot, HP/Gold modifier and such.

I remember feeling so pro when it worked rofl.
 
My first project was:
(1997) OPL Basic(old Psion mobile device) Is an asteroid dodger game, ant idid converted the Mission Impossible 1 from C64 to OPL :D

(2000)In Turbo pascal, a partition encryptor and protector Login system :D

(2005)In Delphi 5, a Postit notes sticker program,

(2010)A Web Shop modification and templates for Opencart :D(Massive mod, we almost rewritten from scratch)
 
Back