Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

where can i get 7.1 from.. L2J 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
no offence

no offence but there fiel are about for everyone to use,
i dont play on dev server, i just want the files, for me and mates working on,
so me and mate have a nice privart server top lay on, i got one mate lookin at the class fiels another tryin get things to work etc
and plus in 7.1they got things workin etc

so please sumone give me the link

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:27 pm Post subject: Unofficial releases !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I noticed that some people start releasing and hosting unofficial releases.

here is our statement on this topic:

grabbing the current source from CVS to build it for yourself is perfectly ok. however the version you create will most likely have problems or unfinished work in it.

BUT ... releasing such a version to the public will not be tolerated, especially if the archive not even includes the GPL license file and a readme where credit is given to the authors. (including a link to our project homepage)

if this is continuing than there will be no more updates on the public CVS and we will move the project to a private server.

on second step the whole project will be canceld.

so, please remove any distributions, and just wait for an official release.
the users who cannot built a release by themselves, will not be happy with an unofficial release anyway.

l2chef

Upvote 0
Reaction score
hmm they are saying any other releases are crap and only use ares

or will shut down

i say duck them what ever releases first is what im using

if it comes from l2chef or some one els i dont care

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
savage

Wooo go savage lol, same here, fort this forum to help people int it, so if we cant have them how we ment to help people hehe

anyways, i only want a lil privart server to knock about around, ive changed sumthings but i want 7.1 to get npc etc workin

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Help plz....when i run starserver.bat it appear

press any key and continute

I press Enter and it disappear everything. :(

How can i use it?

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i do this its abit greedy of l2chef to say that because it shouldnt matter who releases it. if someone else decided to fix some stuff (l2chef doesnt) than whats wrong with using a better version? i think l2chef just wants everyone to purely use his. thats just my opinion. dont flame me for saying it :)

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
some of these comments make me sick, sadly some of you people never worked on programming (or atleast it sounds like it)

l2chef made this, its his, if you dont like what he is doing with it, dont use it.

simple as that.

he is releasing it under GNU licence, if you cant follow that license DONT use it.

GNU makes it better since people can download the source, do modifications to it and by GNU licence they are supposed to SEND the changes to l2chef (l2 team) to add together with the rest of the code.

that way ALOT can work on alot of different things and being put together by a fw who makes sure it works and isnt used for bad stuff.

i know how it is getting ripped off your work by frikkin noobs who ruin everything, and l2chef isnt greedy or stuff like that, he is concerned what his work is being used for.

and already people are using it for bad stuff (eg: give people l2.ini with there server ip and use it to try and steal people's real l2 accounts) and stuff like that (we know they are doing that because all that happens is you type in username/pw and server d/c you).

many of those servers startet to popup, and i cannot express enough, DO NOT USE ANY username/pw combination for private servers you use for real servers, for ANY game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
Bmsfx said:
some of these comments make me sick, sadly some of you people never worked on programming (or atleast it sounds like it)

l2chef made this, its his, if you dont like what he is doing with it, dont use it.

simple as that.

he is releasing it under GNU licence, if you cant follow that license DONT use it.

GNU makes it better since people can download the source, do modifications to it and by GNU licence they are supposed to SEND the changes to l2chef (l2 team) to add together with the rest of the code.

#1 if the comments make you sick then you need serious help

#2 No one said that they didnt like what l2chef was doing

#3 most people dont care about the GNU licence and i doubt they will ever care

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ya it makes me sick that people are trying to ruin l2chef's work, and that is what they are doing by ignoring the gnu license.

answer to #2, seems they dont care, or dont like, since they startet to make there "own" releases.

well i guess having 50 incomplete servers is better then having 1 complete server.

and ignoring the GNU license's only kill's open source projects, so keep doing that and you will see less and less open source projects, thats cool right ?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Bmsfx said:
ya it makes me sick that people are trying to ruin l2chef's work, and that is what they are doing by ignoring the gnu license.

answer to #2, seems they dont care, or dont like, since they startet to make there "own" releases.

well i guess having 50 incomplete servers is better then having 1 complete server.

and ignoring the GNU license's only kill's open source projects, so keep doing that and you will see less and less open source projects, thats cool right ?

all we can say is all well it happens

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol

this thread still open ? lol only wanted the files and people sayin fuk this fuk tht

wht licence if your forgettin these file are illigale(sorry for spelling mistakes)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back